of     1   

supernavo
#223900207Saturday, August 19, 2017 2:23 AM GMT

I basically created my own player model. But I only want players to become it at a certain part of the game so setting the player model in the StarterPlayer folder doesn't seem like an option.
romanaisawesome
#223900935Saturday, August 19, 2017 2:41 AM GMT

local cantransform = false --do stuff cantransform == true thing.Parent = Player.StarterPlayer Player:LoadCharacter() I guess This siggy is classified | R$0
supernavo
#223900959Saturday, August 19, 2017 2:41 AM GMT

No one has any idea? Like does anyone know how to turn a player into a different model and only that selective player? Kind of like in R2D by placerebuilder, how is it that he only has selective players respawn in as certain zombies?
romanaisawesome
#223900975Saturday, August 19, 2017 2:42 AM GMT

local cantransform = false --do stuff cantransform == true if cantransform == true then thing.Parent = Player.StarterPlayer Player:LoadCharacter() end I guess This siggy is classified | R$1,672
supernavo
#223901142Saturday, August 19, 2017 2:46 AM GMT

@roman I dont think thats how it works. and I'm not sure what to do with that.
EatCheetos
#223901279Saturday, August 19, 2017 2:49 AM GMT

You have to use Welds and CFrame to morph characters into custom models.
romanaisawesome
#223901390Saturday, August 19, 2017 2:52 AM GMT

So, when a player dies? game.Players.PlayerAdded:connect(function(Plr) Plr.Character.Humanoid.Died:connect(function(Ded) local Models = game:GetService('ReplicatedStorage').Zombies:GetChildren() local picked = math.random(1,#Models) if picked == 1 then --stuff elseif picked == 2 then --stuff end end) end) This siggy is classified | R$0
supernavo
#223901654Saturday, August 19, 2017 2:58 AM GMT

No no no. See, this is what I'm trying to figure out. I want the player to join the game as their normal character model. Therefore, I can not store the model i intend for them to morph in to, to be in the StarterCharacter folder. I literally have no clue if there is any method I could think of to have the player at some point respawn into the new Character model. Do you get what I'm saying? I feel like someone who is trying to make a button, but have no idea of the event MouseClick. https://forum.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=206164551 ^ This guy here has a problem similar to mine. He just wants to replace the current model with another model he has already made. It has nothing to do with a player dying.
supernavo
#223901772Saturday, August 19, 2017 3:01 AM GMT

The only solution I can think of is to have the script quickly insert the Model into the StarterCharacter and then quickly respawn the player so he is the new model. But then what if another player dies as he's transforming? Then they would both be the model. I only intend for the selected player to be transformed.
supernavo
#223903321Saturday, August 19, 2017 3:40 AM GMT

There is obviously a solution to this, many games have pulled this trick off. I just guess everyone here has no idea how its done...
EatCheetos
#223903799Saturday, August 19, 2017 3:51 AM GMT

You don't put your morph models into the starter folder. To morph, you have to clone the models from the ReplicatedStorage and then weld the parts of the model onto the player using welds and CFrame. You also need to remove the character's clothes graphics. You also need to make their existing body parts transparent if you want to completely change their appearance.
supernavo
#223904109Saturday, August 19, 2017 3:58 AM GMT

@EatCheetos That's not how I'm wanting to morph the character. My model consists of alot of parts and Motor6Ds that I've already built animations for. I don't see anyway possible to replicate those Motor6Ds and have them at their correct positions in the body. Simply sticking parts onto the original player's body isn't going to work with the animations. I've also had enough problems with the hipheight.
supernavo
#223904223Saturday, August 19, 2017 4:01 AM GMT

@eat But if that's the ONLY solution there is then I will just have to give up on my project. There is no way possible of morphing a character into a giant model with that method, just to many problems.
EatCheetos
#223904709Saturday, August 19, 2017 4:14 AM GMT

Unfortunately, that is that only solution. Welding is pretty much the only way to morph effectively. Welding combined with CFrame is very powerful, but it takes time to mathematically understand how they work together (well, depending on what you're trying to do with them). You said this task was done on other games, so it's definitely possible. Just take the time to figure things out. Maybe you'll discover a method that will make you go "How have I not thought of this before?" If you do it properly, you should be able to properly position those Motor6Ds. I'm assuming you put a lot of time into this project. Don't think about what you think you can't do, but the result of finishing the project.

of     1