of     1   

uqIyqod
#226096102Saturday, October 07, 2017 9:04 PM GMT

I'm experimenting with FilteringEnabled and I have a textbox in which the user can write something, press a button and it prints the message in output: local button = script.Parent local gui = button.Parent.Parent local player = gui.Parent.Parent local text = gui.Main.EnterText local DataStoreService = game:GetService("DataStoreService") local message = DataStoreService:GetDataStore("id") button.MouseButton1Down:Connect(function() wait() print(player.Name) userPost:SetAsync(player.UserId , text.Text..) print(userPost:GetAsync(player.UserId)) end) Without FilteringEnabled, this posts the user's name and then what the wrote. But with FE on, it doesn't work? How do I fix this?
IntelligentBeing
#226096980Saturday, October 07, 2017 9:24 PM GMT

datastores shouldnt be used in localscripts. if thats a server script inside you're startergui, then that won't work either. the client side code should be in a local script. datastore code should be in a server script somewhere in serverscriptservice use a remoteevent or remotefunction to connect the two together
Wunder_Wulfe
#226097055Saturday, October 07, 2017 9:25 PM GMT

^ there is no reason to be using datastores in a local script and there is no reason to modify a gui using a server sided script unless its globally visible or parented onto the player via a server sided script
uqIyqod
#226107668Sunday, October 08, 2017 1:53 AM GMT

the script I have given is inside a Gui inside StarterGui. I want the save to be triggered by a gui button, so if it can't be inside StarterGui, then what would I have to do?
KingKamII
#226108535Sunday, October 08, 2017 2:15 AM GMT

Remote Events --Local Script in Gui-- script.Parent.MouseButton1Down:Connect(function() game.ReplicatedStorage.GetName:FireServer() end) --Server Script in SSS-- function prepareName() --Code-- end game.ReplicatedStorage.GetName.OnServerEvent:Connect(prepareName) P.S - Insert remote event in Replicated Storage names GetName http://wiki.roblox.com/index.php?title=Remote_Events_and_Functions A wise man once told me that life is a mirror...
jager72
#226110548Sunday, October 08, 2017 3:14 AM GMT

Does the code I provided go in the server script in ServerScriptService? If so, how do I access the gui and its children from that script?
uqIyqod
#226110570Sunday, October 08, 2017 3:15 AM GMT

^other account

of     1