of     1   

RXTE95
#227632023Friday, November 17, 2017 10:57 AM GMT

I see too many people getting harassed for using free models. So I would like to give my thoughts on free models. If you're anything like me, who doesn't have all day to build models and write scripts, then using free models can be a huge time saver. But using free models can come with consequences, they can and often do contain viruses which can cause a lot of lag in your game. Not only that, if people see the same models in your game as they've seen in many other games, then your games seems less appealing. So if you're going to use a free model, change it up a bit and give it your own touch, such as changing colors, sizes, adding or taking away parts, etc. There's nothing wrong with using free models, I mean that's why they are there, but if you're going to use them, try to use a little of them as possible, you want to bring your own imagination to the game, that's what makes your game unique and seperates it from the rest. If you're going to use a free model, you need to check through each part for anything suspicious, you should know what should be there and what shouldn't.
Proxinable
#227632188Friday, November 17, 2017 11:12 AM GMT

And how exacly is this related to scripting? Post it on Game Design.
nooneisback
#227632216Friday, November 17, 2017 11:14 AM GMT

Well,scripts like the quaternion modules or frameworks still count as free models, but you won't get harassed for them, it's the stuff that you find on the top page that make us annoyed. Many of it is just plain badly coded, while the others are obfuscated for nobody knows what reason and are useless for learning. Not to mention those vehicles that constantly bug out when you try to turn. And then they expect us to fix em... Nah, it's easier to travel to the creators place only to punch his face.
szkiller_dev
#227632221Friday, November 17, 2017 11:15 AM GMT

"If you're anything like me, who doesn't have all day to build models and write scripts, then using free models can be a huge time saver." Don't you mean that you are mentally disabled and you can't script nor build?
RXTE95
#227643064Friday, November 17, 2017 8:35 PM GMT

I don't have all day to do it, but I still do it, it just takes me longer to complete a task than a 13 year old because I have other stuff I need to do. You coming on here saying "You don't know how to do it" just shows that you're a troll, for one you don't know what I know just as I don't know what you know. but a quick trip to your profile will show me a little about you, most people who build and script will have some of their work in their profile, because for example when I write a script I save it to roblox in case I need it later if I do not need it right then.
Preselect
#227643239Friday, November 17, 2017 8:43 PM GMT

I'm going to agree with nooneisback - big modules, frameworks, etcetera take too long to code. It doesn't make sense to rewrite them. But I also agree with the fact that a lot of people don't like seeing "front page free models". For example, Chat Voice. I've been researching more about how free models are made and I have noticed, even if they are newer models, they are badly coded. What I mostly saw was bad naming conventions, not using local variables, "hacky" techniques. Not to mention the viruses in the models.
ScriptBased
#227643266Friday, November 17, 2017 8:44 PM GMT

“I don’t have all day to work on this, let me just insert a free model and make it my own way.” *inserts free model* *looks in all scripts and parts for any suspicous stuff, and spends whole day on it* >”phew, what a time saver” Instead of that you could experiment and try and make it, I didn’t use free models for my games, just for experimenting with them and stuff. You don’t make a game built up on free models.
RXTE95
#227643420Friday, November 17, 2017 8:50 PM GMT

I don't know of anyone who spends a whole day looking for a virus. and also I never said I use free models although I have here and there. I made this post for those who do use free models and to give them a little advice so that people like you guys won't harass them about it.
PhotonLightning
#227643571Friday, November 17, 2017 8:54 PM GMT

Lol, When I was new to ROBLOX,I used to make a game full of free models, when I used to play it, I used to get killed instantly and every part in my game would be deleted. I used to be very confused.
RXTE95
#227646007Friday, November 17, 2017 10:13 PM GMT

lol yeah I remember my first time trying roblox studio, I used free models as well, and I used a guard tower that had a guard in it but I didn't know the guard would chase me down and ##### ## I didn't know what was happening I thought someone came into my game and started killing me because at first I couldn't see the guard. that was on my first account a few years ago.

of     1