of     1   

UnaiDownload
#228422464Monday, December 04, 2017 10:39 AM GMT

Are clans really dying? I've been around since the beginning of Roblox, off and on from 2006-2011 when I became more involved on the website and truly started getting into the clan community. We all know that clans are changing, it feels like their dying, but from my perspective, they're evolving. As us older members begin to fade into the abyss of the clan community and begin moving on, these newer clans are emerging, we don't see them, simply for the fact that we are blind. If you go around your friends list and their friends, you'll find reasonably decent sized clans. One's that are where ALL of us used to be, think about it, who started playing this game and INSTANTLY made a large clan, and was known on C&G. No one. More than likely none of us will experience this change all the way through, I had already quit and only recently came back after five months since things have slowed down in my own life and have allowed me to return to some old friends. My suggestion, is if you care to see the legacy that we old clanners have built, come back in five years to see what has changed. I am quite certain that you will see a new generation, more than likely nothing like we remember and we'll feel alienated, but is that wrong? I mean we are an older generation in age and of Roblox itself. It's soon to be their time. We should be giving our assistance and knowledge of the clan community to these smaller ones. Well I've said what I wanted to. I'm a relic of the past.
starpilot12
#228422474Monday, December 04, 2017 10:40 AM GMT

i mean if edeltia is the new generation of clans id be better off gone lmao they dont even know with a single file line is
robb12
#228422481Monday, December 04, 2017 10:41 AM GMT

tl;dr
UnaiDownload
#228422502Monday, December 04, 2017 10:43 AM GMT

Clans aren't dying, they're evolving. I'm a relic of the past.
Emperor_Darkius
#228422521Monday, December 04, 2017 10:45 AM GMT

UnaiDownload
#228422539Monday, December 04, 2017 10:47 AM GMT

@Emperor, glad to see others that share the same line of thought. I'm a relic of the past.
Beakil
#228422625Monday, December 04, 2017 10:56 AM GMT

The style we are used to is like, dead as. ɢʟᴏʀʏ ᴛɪʟ ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴅ ¦ ʙᴇᴀᴋɪʟ
UnaiDownload
#228423206Monday, December 04, 2017 11:46 AM GMT

It's not completely dead yet, it's almost there, but the clan community itself won't actually die, just styles and beliefs of how they should be run. This in between stage, there's some interesting things happening that I've seen, but these interesting things are so easily capable of going either way. They could be great, but on the other hand it could just as easily be something like what we were, the clan community was and is close minded about newcomers. We weren't always like this, but it's what we've become. We've become so focused on winning, we ruined what it was originally about, bringing people together and having fun. I'm a relic of the past.
AlphaXenotic
#228423291Monday, December 04, 2017 11:52 AM GMT

just wait until summer of 2018, im sure a few new clans would pop up
UnaiDownload
#228423342Monday, December 04, 2017 11:55 AM GMT

New clans always pop up around ####### ### they're always hype clans, why not put our efforts into pushing this evolution into the right direction? Correcting our wrongs, looking back at what we could've done better as a community and making sure the new generation doesn't make the same mistakes. I'm a relic of the past.
HelliousMonarch
#228423404Monday, December 04, 2017 11:59 AM GMT

I've accepted the change and I'm riding the wave. cough hellion cough
Zortheus
#228424425Monday, December 04, 2017 1:11 PM GMT

Clans like before aren't dead. I've met alot of leaders with ambition in the past month. People I know could help bring back the old style of clans. The problem is just that most of them lack a good dev team to go on with all their projects. Either that or they are still in development and are preparing to launch. As clanners who've been part of the clan world longer we should help guide them although most tend to complain saying "The clan world is dead" instead. It isn't dead, clans are just evolving. The people who were there in the past but quit, the groups that used to be present and now shutdown wont come back. Just embrace the change and move onward
Zortheus
#228424548Monday, December 04, 2017 1:17 PM GMT

Although I don't agree in Roleplay being the next big thing. People actually following that way of clans should know that its a system that prioritizes activity over quality.
UnaiDownload
#228426555Monday, December 04, 2017 3:13 PM GMT

Our age of clans is dying out, and shifting into more roleplay based clans, which still #### ######### ### not actual raids that we're used to. We say that clans are of our age are dying, but in reality, raids and wars still occur constantly. Most of us don't see it, because we're so close minded on the idea that the clan community as a whole is dying. I personally don't involve myself in clans much anymore, even after coming back. I'm back in one clan, but the other two groups, one of which I'm developing for, and the other is just for messing around when I'm bored. However, for people that are still involved, helping those that are younger and guiding them should be priority at this time, since during their time, us old generation people will be gone, and they'll be lost, which will then entirely kill off "war-clans". Then they're left with everything else. I'm a relic of the past.

of     1