of     1   

Person299
#2777894Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:01 PM GMT

Personally, i think there should be a list of all the roblox integrated LUA functions, if there was one i would of learned LUA alot quicker, so please post any functions you know of with a small description and a example.
Person299
#2778081Saturday, September 13, 2008 4:12 PM GMT

:GetChildren() this function allows you to access everything inside of an object, for example. local c = game.Workspace:GetChildren() for i=1,#c do h = c[i] if h.className == "Part" then h:remove() end end :FindFirstChild("") this allows you to see if a object is inside of another object, for example ick = game.Workspace:FindFirstChild("brick") if ick ~= nil then ick:remove() else print("brick doesnt exist.") end :BreakJoints() basicly, it makes a model fall apart, for instance. game.Workspace.someguy:BreakJoints() :makeJoints() you need to use this to make a cloned model not fall apart, for instance backup = game.Workspace.Model:clone() ick = backup:clone() ick.Parent = game.Workspace ick:makeJoints() string.sub using this, you can tell if a certain part of a string is written a certain way, for instance :GetChildren() this function allows you to access everything inside of an object, for example, if you wanted to delete everything thats name begins with aa. local c = game.Workspace:GetChildren() for i=1,#c do h = c[i] if (string.sub(h.Name,1,2) == "aa") then h:remove() end end i dont feel like listing anything else right now.

of     1