of     12   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Firruu
#27920790Wednesday, June 23, 2010 11:57 PM GMT

Welcome to Tirnia, home of the elves. Though they are spread far across the world, this is where they are most densely concentrated. Four main groups are spread across this large country. First are the High Elves. This group is considered royalty, and they rule over the other kinds of elves. They are natural, and potent, magic users. Below the High Elves on the hierarchy are the typical Elves. Though less skilled with magic than the High Elves, they are physically stronger, and are the most balanced of the Elves. Considered below below the normal Elves are the Drow. This is a race of Elf with dark purple, or black skin. Though completely impotent with magic, they are very physically strong, and do much of the backbreaking labor of the region. The final group is not on the hierarchy, simply because not much is known of them. This race is the Wood Elves. These Elves live within the massive forests of the land, at one with nature. Recently, the High Elves have been pushing the other groups harder, forcing more of the Drow population to work, and taxing the Elves more. The Wood Elves remain completely independent of this conflict. High Elves: The High Elves are the "most important" of the Elfin race. They are the most powerful when it comes to magecraft, but are rather fragile otherwise. They are all extremely pale, but look beautiful. Many of them are devoid of emotion. High Elves are not known to leave their houses without large armed guards. Very few High Elves live, and all that do live in the great capital city of the country, Nibra. They live in large houses, with many servants each. They are all trained for magical ability. Elves: The typical people of the land. They are balanced when it comes to magic and might. They live modest lives, working a great many crafts. In appearance, they are typically tall, like all Elves, but vary in other aspects. Drow: The Drow are considered the lowliest form of Elf-kind. Though very strong, they have very little skill when it comes to natural magic. Typically, they are tall, with purple or black skin, and red eyes. Drow have to do the manual labor of the kingdom, whether that is cutting down trees, or working in fields. Wood Elves: This race is native to the forests of the land. They are fairly numerous, but you will see few in a lifetime, as they reside in the deepest parts of the forest. Their society is formed by clans, typically defined by the characteristics of the elves within the clan. The wood-elves have a unique method of raising their children; at birth, the child is abandoned in the forest. Sensing the link with nature, an animal will take this child as one of it's own. The animal will raise the child for five years, in which it will take on the characteristics of the animal, and forge a bond with the species. At the five-year point, the animal will bring the child to the corresponding clan, where it will be raised, and taken in as part of the family. There are two exceptions, however. On some circumstances, the child will not be taken at all by any animal. This child will most likely die. If it survives, however, and others find it, it will be raised as a shaman. A shaman is one who can affect the mental, physical, or emotional state of another. The shaman will have one or more senses eliminated, however, and will be extremely frail. Another possibility is that the child will be passed between several animals. This child will retain the characteristics of the first animal, but will have the ability to turn into, and gain the characteristics of ANY animal. This is called a druid. Both druids and shaman are revered as the most important members of their clan, behind the leader. The typical wood elf is rather tall in height, averaging about seven feet. Their builds are quite slender, though, but their muscles are finely developed. Their senses are also incredibly sharp. They are natural leaders, especially when it comes to navigating a foreign environment. They also make fine warriors, varying in capabilities depending on the animal that raised them. Someone at one with a bird may act as a scout, whilst one raised by a wolf may be a ferocious warrior. _____________________________________________________________________________ No ubering or godmodding. Don't lapse time. Listen to moderators. Do whatever you want within the boundaries of realism. Wood Elves have the most to them because I had a long description lying about. I have the right to choose a race for you, if too many people are being the same. Try to keep this alive. Have fun. _____________________________________________________________________________ Name: Gender: A|g|e: Race: (one of the listed) Inventory: Apparel: Personality: Physical Appearance: Bio: _____________________________________________________________________________ Name: Cyran. Gender: Male. A|g|e: 25. Race: Wood Elf. Inventory: A pouch with many coins of high value inside. About a dozen concealed poisoned daggers. Apparel: Cyran's armor of choice is light leather armor, but he will occasionally don plate armor for more demanding tasks. He wears simply peasant clothing the rest of the time, consisting of a simple tunic and leather trousers, and a cloak. Personality: Cyran is a quiet and independent individual. He does not like completing tasks with others. He is very resourceful when it comes to missions, but is not much of a careful person. Physical Appearance: Cyran is an average wood-elf in appearance. His eyes are hazel, and his hair a light brown. In his common form, from the torso down, he has the body of a stag, allowing fast movement, and the ease of transportation. He can, however, take on any appearance he chooses. Bio: Cyran is a renegade Wood-Elf druid. As with all Wood-Elves, he never knew his parents. The first animal to take him was a deer, but obviously, as a druid, he was handed between several other animals. When he came to the age of five, a wolf dropped him at the Deer Clan camp. They recognized him as a druid, and began to raise him, but he always hated them. They gave him everything he wanted, but never challenged him, never allowed him to do anything that would endanger him. They treated him as a living trophy to show off to the other clans. When he came to the age of twelve, he ran away. From that time onward, he gained his independence, learning everything there is to know about the forest, and more. After seeing it all, he decided to head for the cities. When he arrived, he simply hung about on the streets for a year, wondering what to do with himself. One fateful day, he came upon a poster looking for mercenaries to carry out an assassination contract. As a druid, he was a natural master of disguise and assassination. He took the job. It was a fairly simple job. He got into the manor of the target in the form of the target's cat, turned into a black widow spider, and bit the master in his sleep. He never would wake up. After Cyran was paid, he decided that being a mercenary was his calling. He begun to carry out any contract he could find, but morals did frequently get in the way.
Firruu
#27921384Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:07 AM GMT

(And now I wait.)
Firruu
#27922597Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:25 AM GMT

(And wait.)
Firruu
#27923271Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:34 AM GMT

(And wait some more.)
Firruu
#27924208Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:48 AM GMT

(26 views, no joiners. Too much to read?)
Firruu
#27924970Thursday, June 24, 2010 12:59 AM GMT

(>_>)
Firruu
#27925699Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:11 AM GMT

(<_<)
Firruu
#27926568Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:24 AM GMT

(This is getting annoying.)
Goldenmoon627
#27927424Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:36 AM GMT

Name: Goes by Golden Gender: Male Ag.e: 32 Race: Wood elf Inventory: An Elven Claymore, A large sack of coins, and some food. Apparel: Pure Black armor with a Golden trim. Personality: Brave, Courageous, Loyal Physical Appearance: Pure black hair, Golden eyes, Heavy build. Bio: He was raised by bears when we was young. He is now one of the most well known Elves throughout the clans.
Firruu
#27967722Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:11 PM GMT

(Buuuuump.)
Firruu
#27968350Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:21 PM GMT

(To hell with waiting.) I casually lowered my hood as I entered the tavern, escaping the rain. The name of the tavern was "The Golden Ale." Supposedly it sold the best ale in the entire land. As per usual, it was full of patrons, all drunk. I had a minor target in this tavern. Ten gold, but still worth it. He was pretty identifiable: a massive Drow, completely musclebound. He was surrounded by several others, all drunk. Though seemingly drunk, the Drow seemed very alert. He expected me. As one of his friends stumbled away, I quickly removed a poisoned knife from a concealed area, and stabbed him in the back. As he fell, I removed his sword from its sheath and stabbed another drunkard. By now, people had noticed. It was supposed to be a public display, anyway.
Firruu
#27968749Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:26 PM GMT

The others had stopped drinking, and had now drawn their weapons. Most held short swords, but the Drow I was after held a rather unique looking weapon. It was a long claymore with jagged edges. The steel that the blade was made from was stained black. It had an almost... evil presence around it. I casually bent down and plucked my knife out of the first body, and placed it back in its specific area. I spun the short sword slowly, getting used to its weight, and I dropped down into a defensive stance. Eventually, someone would attack.
Firruu
#27969307Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:35 PM GMT

One of the Drow let out a cry, and ran at me. All it took was a simple duck to the side, and a slash to the leg to down him. When he was down, I stabbed into his back. Two of the other Drow broke off and ran. Only three remained, including the target.
Vaderbot
#27969373Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:35 PM GMT

Name: Vlad Gender: Male A|g|e: 26. Race: Drow Inventory: Black Steel Katana, Magic Tree Bow and Magic Arrows Apparel: Light Black Steel Plate Armor Personality: Grumpy and mean not very nice but a great friend if be friended. Physical Appearance: Jet black with no hair and red eyes. Bio: A drow that was exciled for murder of a high elf. Walks the woods looking for a clan that will allow him.
Firruu
#27969439Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:36 PM GMT

(Oh God, you're not making yourself the one I'm after, are you?)
Vaderbot
#27969542Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:38 PM GMT

(Huh? Oh i read that after i made mine. No im not. Accepted?)
Firruu
#27969802Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:41 PM GMT

(Yep.) As the two other extra Drow slowly approached me, I crouched down as if I was punched in the stomach. I felt for two of my knives. Finding them, I sprung upwards, throwing them with expert precision. They both plunged deeply into the enemies, and downed them. Only the target remained.
Vaderbot
#27969901Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:43 PM GMT

(Is it possible for drows to get the powers of wood elves?)
Vaderbot
#27970039Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:45 PM GMT

Vlad walked through a city. He walked into a bar. Just as he took a step sideways a body flew into the wall. "Watch where your throwing them!" He yelled at Cyrus.
Firruu
#27970052Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:45 PM GMT

(Nope.)
Firruu
#27970549Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:52 PM GMT

(Dunno who Cyrus is. I'm an assassin, no one knows my actual name CYRAN isn't in his natural form, either.) As the man I was after slowly stepped forward, he swung out the claymore. Somehow, my shirt was cut. Was that the power of that sword? He swung again, closer this time, and a cut developed on my flesh. I had no time to waste. As he neared me, he would cleave me in half with that power. I ran towards him, pulling out a knife as I ran, holding knife in one hand, and sword in the other.
Vaderbot
#27970724Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:55 PM GMT

(Sorry thought it was Cyrus and i didn't say he knew it. I just wanted you to know he was talking to you're character.) Vlad downed a mug of rum.
Firruu
#27970945Thursday, June 24, 2010 8:58 PM GMT

As the Drow swung at me again, I held out the small shortsword for defense. I wasn't surprised when it broke in half. I threw the half in my hand to the ground.
Vaderbot
#27971087Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:01 PM GMT

Vlad got up and shot a arrow infuesed with explosive magic to wards the drow. He was starting to be a pain.
Firruu
#27971391Thursday, June 24, 2010 9:05 PM GMT

As the Drow swung again, I ducked the sword, and got closer to him. I needed to be within stabbing range.

of     12   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right