of     1   

XxPlaygirlxX
#33447687Wednesday, September 08, 2010 9:02 PM GMT

If you are reading this, you're interested in ROBLOX Roleplaying. There are a few methods and rules you need to go through first. Don't worry, it won't be too complicated. Good luck! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- { Chapters } 1. What's Roleplaying? 2. Basic Rules 3. Roleplaying Methods 4. Grammar and Flaming 5. Godmodding/Ubering 6. Character Sheets 7. Making your First Roleplay / Parts of a Roleplay 8. Shortcuts/Abbreviations 9. Extra Facts 10. F.A.Q./Famous Roleplayers --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- { 1 - What's Roleplaying? } Roleplaying on Wiki: "Role-playing refers to the changing of one's behaviour to assume a role, either unconsciously to fill a social role, or consciously to act out an adopted role. While the Oxford English Dictionary defines role-playing as "the changing of one's behavior to fulfill a social role",[1] the term is used more loosely in three senses: To refer to the playing of roles generally such as in a theater, or educational setting; To refer to a wide range of games including computer role-playing games, play-by-mail games and more; To refer specifically to role-playing games." tl;dr: Roleplaying is creating a story with others writing along, controlling their own character. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- { 2 - Basic Rules } Every forum on ROBLOX has rules. To read the official rules, copy this link: http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=20765418 1. You cannot post about rel.ation.ships in your character sheet. 2. You need to use grammar. 3. You may not flame/troll/insult. 4. Advertising is not tolerated/allowed. 5. You may not post adult content. These are the basic rules for Roleplaying. Please read the official rules, too. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- { 3 - Roleplaying Methods } When we say methods, we don't mean complicated math methods. We mean roleplaying methods. The methods for roleplaying are posting in first person, third person, or chat form. First Person - First person is when you roleplay according to your character's view. Example: I went to school riding my bike, my backpack slung over my shoulder, humming. ------------------------- Third Person - Third person is when you roleplay according to a narrator's view. Example: The girl went to school riding her bike, her backpack slung over her shoulder, humming. ------------------------- Chat Form - This is not reccomended, but chat form is when you control your character using "*" for actions and make them talk the way you do on any messenger. Example: Girl: *goes to school on her bike, backpack slung over shoulder* Lalalala.. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- { 4. Grammar and Flaming } Grammar is very important, because it's easier to read: How are you all? I'm good. Than: how ryu al? im gud Some people don't like using grammar when you need it. You might even get left out because people can't read what you type! When people take you grammar wrong, it may lead to flaming. Flaming is when you insult and fight on the forums publicly. Message flaming isn't tolerated/allowed, either. An Example of Flaming: Forumer 1: ur sdum guy1 [ Trying to type "You're some guy!" ] Forumer 2: Actually, I'm pretty smart. [ Thinking Forumer 1 is typing "You're dumb guy! ] Forumer 1: yahuh [ "Yuh huh" ] Forumer 2: Well, you're pretty dumb yourself. Forumer 1: ill report u [ "I'll report you." ] Forumer 2: You're the one with the horrible grammar.. >.< etc etc etc. Try your best to use grammar, or it might end up with flaming. Grammar involves using capital letters for the beginning of each sentence, punctuation, and commas. Try to spell as well as you can. Bad Example: how are u all 2day im good and bred i hav nuting to do .. Good Example: How are you all today? I'm good..and bored. I have nothing to do .. If you're a bad speller, try using an automatic spell-check, or a browser that spellchecks for you, like Google Chrome. You can use Microsoft Word before each post too, that has a spellcheck. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- { 5 - Godmodding/Ubering } Godmodding and ubering are also usually against Roleplaying rules. What does it mean? Godmodding and ubering is when you rule over all characters. Example using First Person: I killed everyone with my laser gun and became president. Doing this is idiotic and sometimes rude to people who have just started roleplaying on the thread, so don't godmod unless it's a godmodding thread. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- { 6 - Character Sheets } When you try to join your first roleplay, you'll see something on the first post saying "CS" or "Character Sheet" or "Char Sheet" or "Form". What is a Character Sheet? A character sheet is a form you fill out about the character you'll be using in the roleplay. Usually it's detailed, but it doesn't have to be. Try your best to make your character clear! Example of a BAD Character Sheet: Name: shawn Gender: boy A.ge: fiften Appearance: blu eyes cool hair tshirt riped jeanz sox shoez Bio: hes cool populer end smart Example of a GOOD Character Sheet: Name: Shawn Gender: M [ M means Male, or Boy ] A.ge: 15/Fifteen Appearance: Blue eyes, perfect brown hair, a t-shirt, ripped jeans, socks, and sneakers. Bio: Shawn is cool, popular, and smart at High School. You don't need a middle or last name for your character unless it is required. These are examples, but you can be as detailed as you want, just don't end up with a 5-chapter essay about your character! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- { 7 - Making your First Roleplay / Parts of a Roleplay } So, you decided to make your own roleplay! Before you start, here are the parts of a roleplay. Setting - where the roleplay is Time - the day, time, year, or period Plot - what the story is about The setting should be appropriate for what your story is about. --If your roleplay is medieval, make it a castle! If your roleplay is about sci-fi, make it in a starship! The time should be appropriate for what your story is about. --Same thing as setting. If your roleplay is medieval, make it the Medieval Period! If your roleplay is about sci-fi, make it 1,000 years in the future! The plot should be interesting and balanced. --The plot is the most important and needs to be balanced. Don't go too far off in time or the roleplayers will be confused! Don't make it too long, too short. Make sure to post your own character sheet for them to fill in and our own set of rules! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- { 8 - Shortcuts/Abbreviation } Ever see people say tl;dr? OOC? TBA? TBR? Well, these are abbreviations. tl;dr - Too long; Didn't read OOC - Out of Character TBA - To Be Appeared TBR - To be Revealed CS - Character Sheet DIY - Do it Yourself RP - Roleplay/roleplaying F - Female/girl M - Male/boy HOW TO USE OOC: Use parentheses ( ) to talk out of your roleplay character. Example: (Is any one online?) HOW TO USE TBA/TBR: You use TBA/TBR when you can't fill in every part of your character sheet. Example: Name: Sarah @ge: 13 Gender: F/Girl Appearance: TBA/TBR Also, these are the forum abbreviations: RP - Roleplaying OT - Off Topic RT - Roblox Talk MT - Music [ Topic ] LWIM - Look What I Made S&I - Suggestions & Ideas These are the MOST USED abbreviations, these are not ALL the abbreviations. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- { 9 - Extra Facts } Types of Genres for Roleplaying - Sci-Fi Medieval Horror Comedy Adventure Mystery Mythical There are many types of Genres for Roleplaying! Tips - Try not to be too rude. Always use your best grammar. If you see a different method, maybe try it and see if you like it better! If you make a roleplay, try to make it interesting, but not too long. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------- { 10 - F.A.Q./Famous Roleplayers and Copyright } If you have any questions unanswered, please PM vscarhp11. Q. I still don't get roleplaying. A. I doubt that, but if you don't, then please PM vscarhp11. If it says "The item you requested does not exist" when you try to message me, please message lolpenguinppl. Q. I'd like to roleplay with you! A. I'd enjoy joining your roleplay. Just PM me. If I don't join just yet, it's either because I have school or I'm busy. Q. How long have you been roleplaying? A. I have been roleplaying since 2009. Q. It doesn't allow me to post on the forums! A. If it doesn't allow you to post, it is either, 1. It is your first day playing ROBLOX on the account you are on. You cannot post on the forum until your account is AT LEAST 24 hours o.l.d. 2. Your Parental Settings is set to SuperSafe, which does not allow you to type on ROBLOX. Ask your parents to create a parent account for you and change the setting. Q. Another person is using a different method of me that I do not understand. A. Tell the person you don't understand them. If they can't explain, try analyzing it to figure it out. Famous Roleplayers - Kyundi Billy25206 Firruu darkwhitelie Some I have not listed because they have either quit or don't play ROBLOX anymore. You may learn more from them.
ROBLOXiaMiniMod
#33465707Thursday, September 09, 2010 1:01 AM GMT

You do realize you wasted your time writing all that?
lavablast1
#33479172Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:52 AM GMT

Wasted. now you'll be banned for not abiding the rules. "DO NOT START A THREAD IF YOU ARE NOT NEW"
XxPlaygirlxX
#33483058Thursday, September 09, 2010 3:11 PM GMT

I can start threads i want, I was HELPING newcomers.
SuperStella
#33490799Thursday, September 09, 2010 7:27 PM GMT

Play, not all new players even go to forums, or roleplay. And didn't you just copy all this off of Vscar? And seriously.. This is for people who are new.. Not for people helping the new.
XxPlaygirlxX
#33491233Thursday, September 09, 2010 7:35 PM GMT

Vscar is my friend in real stella, so she wont mind. I left her name on so she gets all credits!
Predator43
#33494427Thursday, September 09, 2010 8:34 PM GMT

Read post description, but good guide
Predator43
#33494513Thursday, September 09, 2010 8:35 PM GMT

Sorry I meant the "Hi I'm New" description.
YellowCoolPokemonMan
#99655931Saturday, June 01, 2013 8:26 PM GMT

Well I for sure liked it! Keep up the good work! And for those ppl who wrote mean...er.....NOT NICE comments (XD) about it: Why not PLAY Roblox instead of hurting other people's feelings ON Roblox! -_-

of     1