of     8   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

fghik
#42550606Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:03 AM GMT

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TL;DR VERSION!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ __________________A list of 10 updates I want eventually.___________________ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ For reasons unknown: (and by 'unknown', I mean I'm not allowed to say anything about it) My other threads were taken hostage. (and by 'taken hostage' I mean I'm not allowed to say where they REALLY went) This is a thread of 10 updates I want to happen eventually. I KNOW THESE UPDATES TAKE TIME TO MAKE! I am not expecting these right away! I just want these to be implemented sometime in the future. These suggestions are not placed in any particular order. These are just a collection of my ideas, and a forum for you to troll them. 1. MASS DELETION - A faster way to delete multiple pages of items. Have a bunch of items you want to delete? (Models, shirts, badges, T-shirts, friends, etc.) The only way to do so is by deleting each item at it's item page, one at a time. I want "View all" button and see all of one type of item (such as badges). A "... Results per page" drop-down menu. And a "Select All" checkbox (and you can deselect the ones you want to keep). When you have selected the ones you want gone, a BIG RED deletion box rests at the bottom of the page. Click it to get a confirmation message "Are you sure you want to delete ...number of items... items?" Yes, and those items are gone. No, and they stay for you to re-work your selection. If you say "Yes" you have 24 hours to 'undo' your selection of deleted items. After the 24 hours, everything you deleted is gone for good. No, I'm not being lazy. I'm being efficient. Why waste all your time deleting, when you can spend it building amazing places? This is ROBLOX, a virtual BUILDING toy, not a SPEND MOST OF YOUR TIME DELETING toy... 2. FORUM UPDATE - Get rid of the same system we have had all these years. Sure this forum style may have been 'somewhat' current back in 08, but now, not so much. Mostly every forum out there has upgraded. They have bold text, underline, italics, font colors, edit buttons! I'm not asking for images or active links, there are obvious problems with those. I just want to be able to format my pages! I tried as hard as I could with this thread, but without bolds or underlines, you can't make headings! I also want different font colors. It may just be me, but I am sick of plain black text. What if I wanted to color code this thread? I know there will be morons out there making yellow/hard to read text... But that's their fault. If they are dumb enough to post in yellow, they obviously don't want their posts to be read. The filters will work the same for every color! If someone curses in white text, the filters will still pick it up. 3. BUILDERS CLUB FAVORITES PAGE - A banner to make useless space practical. No, this isn't flame bait, or a BC only feature. This is a banner to cover up that empty section of space at the bottom of every page (above the copyright junk, and below the different genres). This banner will hold 10-15 items from the catalog. Any item, such as a hat, or T-shirt. Yes, ROBLOX and Player-made items can both be shown here (including places!). How does it get up there? Whichever items receive the most favorites from builders club members (for the current month)! The items with the most BC favorites will be to the left; the ones with the least are to the left. They only stay up for the month: once the month ends, all items are removed from the banner, and to get back up, they need more BC favorites. No, un-favoriting and re-favoriting will NOT count as a new favorite. THIS IS NOT A BC EXCLUSIVE FEATURE THIS IS NOT A BC EXCLUSIVE FEATURE THIS IS NOT A BC EXCLUSIVE FEATURE. Anyone can click on the items shown and be linked to the item. NBC OWNED ITEMS CAN BE SHOWN. Players without BC can still have an item on the banner (models and places). If a player has more than one great item that BC players love, both items will be displayed. This is not a useless update, it is turning something useless (blank space) into something practical. If we are making stuff to make the players happy, don't you think we should make stuff that makes the paying customers happy? With this banner, we will know what BC players like. 4. CONTEST SYSTEM - My plan for a better contest system. The contest system is unfair, and the free modeled places always win. Most of the places that people actually work hard on, don't even get the hat/gear for the points. People choose the place with the best thumbnail in an attempt for Voting Accuracy. Places often title themselves "+4 if vote, +7 if play!" to get people to vote for their place. And even though ROBLOX said places like that give 0 points, they don't. They award just as many points as normal. but I have a solution. Instead of just choosing place A or place B for Voting Accuracy: you rate Place A and Place B 1-5 stars. And do away with Voting Accuracy all together. You enter just as normal, but to rate a place, you must be online for at least 60 seconds. When that time passes, a GUI appears that says "How cool is this place?" (or whatever the current themed question is). You have 2 choices, A. Keep playing and rate later. The GUI closes. When you click the exit button, the GUI reappears, for you to choose again. B. Rate now and Exit. You rate it 1-5 stars, and the you leave the game, to go find another one. HOW THE SCORES WILL BE CALCULATED: The score you receive is multiplied by the number of ratings you received. If you got 10 ratings, and the average score was 4.6: then your total score would be 46. Yes, scores will be much lower in this system (How did they even calculate the other score?) WHAT ABOUT FREE MODELS? When you enter the contest, it forces you to choose a blank place. The "Free Models' and "My Models" section are locked. So you only have access to Bricks, My Decals, Game Objects, etc. (And whatever else is in ROBLOX studio). When you enter, the ClipBoard is cleared, so you cannot copy and paste free models from other places. And every time you try to paste something from outside the current building window, it won't let you. You can only copy and paste from the current Explorer window (or duplicate tool for solo-mode builders). To build in the contest place, it requires you to confirm a ClipBoard dump. If you say no, it will not allow you to build. 5. NEW MODERATING SYSTEM - The current one isn’t that great. I could not even begin to tell you how many times I have been falsely banned or had threads unjustly deleted (really, I’m not allowed to or I will get banned... It’s happened to me). I’m sure stuff like this has happened to most of you as well. I understand the rules are there for a reason, but a lot of times the rules aren’t even being broken! (oh and by the way, the What Not To Suggest sticky needs to be put back up). ROBLOX doesn’t have the resources to hire more moderators, so I have come to the understanding they are using computer-program moderators (mod-bots). They pick up on the littlest things, even if it’s not against the rules. If it’s even questionable when placed next to a word in a post on another page, these mod-bots will pick up on it. Usually giving a [Content Deleted], or it worse cases, a false ban and thread lock. Even if it was a POST on the THREAD, the entire thread gets locked. Hiring more moderators takes time and money (hey, I’m always open :-D ) , we all know that. But the least you could do it make the report abuse section run a bit smoother (less error messages! >:c), and update the Mod-bots (if they really exist, and they aren’t just my imagination) 6. TRADE SYSTEM - When is this coming out again? ROBLOX mentioned a system to be used to trade hats and gear between players. It was supposed to be our consolation for the “BC ONLY” places. Why haven’t we heard any news about it? Did it just die? I was looking forward to this! 7. PARTICLE EFFECT HIT EVENTS - When someone touches fire, scripts could make it burn We love the particle system. It’s really cool to have those kinds of graphics to be placed inside bricks. But unlike their cousin, the explosions; Smoke, Fire, and Sparkles all lack Touched events! When someone it touched by an explosion (no matter what the BlastPressure), you can put in an OnTouch() script, and have the explosion do stuff to the player! THIS IS HOW THE BALEFIRE TOOL WORKS! Someone touches an explosion, and then the explosion taghumanoid()’s it, and it goes on from there. Now imagine a Balefire Tool, but actually BaleFIRE? BaleSMOKE? BaleSPARKLES? You could make campfires that set people on fire. You could have smoke that pushes you up. You could have sparkles that kill! There are endless building possibilities! Because fire, smoke, and sparkles are already in the game: there would be no new particles needed. No extra lag. If you placed a fire inside a brick now, it would lag just as much as it would after the update. 8. LUA QUICK - An optional, simple menu that has buttons to input simple phrase. Really just a feature to help out beginners. When you open a script, you see the code. To the left of that, there are the line markers. LUA QUICK is a menu that you can toggle on and off from the “View” tab. It will have a list of common scripting materials. Like a function and it’s connection. For example, if you wanted to have an onTouch() script, but had no idea what you need to write, you could look in the LUA QUICK menu. The menu would have categories, and sub-categories. One of the categories would be “Functions”, then it would have the onTouch() as one of the sub categories. Click it, to have: “function onTouch(hit) end script.Parent.Touched:connect(onTouch) ” appear in the script. LUA QUICK would also have some easy, common functions. Such as Lava Scripts, and regen scripts. AND it will have a few slots for your own custom scripts that you want easy access to. Like I said, this is an optional feature to help out newbies at scripting. OPTIONAL, meaning you can choose to have it on or off. It’s a simple menu for quick access to functions and common scripts and phrases. 9. MESH OFFSET GLITCH - A terrible glitch that needs fixing. If you don’t know what OffSet its: it is a property that allows you to move a mesh from the brick. If you had a Brick at (0,0,0); and wanted it to be at (0,10,0), but couldn’t (or didn’t want to) move the brick itself, you could move the OffSet to move up 10. The mesh would show up at (0,10,0); but the brick itself would still be at (0,0,0). It’s a really cool feature actually. But there is a terrible glitch; it only works with: BlockMesh and CylinderMesh. SpecialMesh (the one most meshes are, ones with MeshID and TextureID) doesn’t work. It has the property. And you can set it whatever you want. But the mesh doesn’t move! And that is bad! No, this doesn’t cause lag. The meshes are already in the game. No new Objects required. Just a fix in the OffSet. 10. PHYSICS ENGINE - 10er’s wouldn’t know, but back in the day, getting hit by a car would fling you far away. I remember back in 08, walking on the train tracks was a real hazard. Because everyone knew that in 10-15 seconds, a bright yellow train would come speeding down those tracks and toss you to Neverland. Not anymore: you can get hit by a large plane and not be budged. Monster-Trucks can’t even dream of even knocking over a ROBLOXian! Last time I checked, Chuck Norris is the only unstoppable force. Not some flimsy piece of plastic ROBLOXian. And it’s not just vehicles. Spawning makes you tumble over too! Ever hear of the “Tumbling Glitch”? This is when you spawn, your character wobbles off the spawn and sometimes off a cliff. If you have never experienced this, go play some SFOTH. It’s not every time; but often you will spawn off balance, and tumble off the spawn location. I don’t know why this happens, but I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the physics engine. Why do we need an upgrade? Why don’t we! That’s what this whole mess about the new OGRE system is about. (Haven’t heard of it? Don’t. It will just start a flame war.) These are just some suggestions I want added. I DO NOT WANT THEM NOW! I just want them added eventually to the game! Maybe if they slowed hat/gear productions, (hats are nice, but I prefer updates) and worked on more real updates, people probably wouldn’t hate this game so much... Just a thought. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TL;DR VERSION!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ __________________A list of 10 updates I want eventually.___________________ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ HEY YOU! DON’T TOUCH THIS REPLY BUTTON UNTIL YOU READ THE POST!
fghik
#42550726Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:05 AM GMT

If you don't want to read "everything", but want to actually have more idea of whats going on than the TL;DR version: The section headings breifly describe what it's about, but are missing alot of the details. Reading is important kiddies! Eat your veggies!
zenongreat
#42550976Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:09 AM GMT

@#10 Update I remember that ALWAYS happening, even though Im a late 09'er I still know what you're saying.
fghik
#42551217Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:12 AM GMT

They changed it, and it made me sad... I wasn't able to run into ROBLOXians and throw them into walls and jump out of my car (while it's moving so my ROBLOXian gets a push forward in the air) and stab them with my sword.... Oh those were good times.
trickytiger
#42551292Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:13 AM GMT

I support #4. We DO need a better contest system.
crazypotato4
#42551344Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:14 AM GMT

" (oh and by the way, the What Not To Suggest sticky needs to be put back up)" *looks at the top of the S&I forum* 1. Yes, as long as that undo button that you mentioned is in there. 2. Yush. 3. I don't get it. But sure. 4. YESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYESYES. 5. Supportz. 6. I don't care much about it, but it seems important to a lot of people, so support. 7. Yes please :D 8. Sure, it's like official free model scripts, but you don't get viruses ._. (n00bs) 9. SUPPORT. 10.Yeah, I wouldn't know D: but the physics engines does need to be fixed. Support.
Scratcherclaw
#42551389Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:15 AM GMT

Ok, support. I especially want #10. It was always so much fun getting flung by cars and such. =)
fghik
#42553891Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:58 AM GMT

@crazypotato4 1. It will be there, or I'd rather not have it. There would be too many "I WAS STOOPID AND DELETED MY STUSIES! GIVE THEM BACK NAO!"... And I bet some of those would be fake too... 3. I think I made it more complicated than it really is. There is a banner to be placed towards the bottom of the screen. It will have 10-15 thumbnail images (and titles) of items. TO be on the banner, the item needs to have alot of favorites from builders club players. If alot of BC players favorite an item, it goes up on the banner (if it has more BC favorites than the other items on the banner) When the month ends, then all the items lose their spot on the banner. So if they put it in this month: when March 1st comes around, the items in the banner will be taken off of it. It's really just another way to find items, and a way to use empty space. 4. I'm surprised, the filter usually doesn't let me post my alternative contest suggestion. 6. I'm hoping it will shut people up about the BC only places... I'm sick of those threads. If ROBLOX says the trade is for everyone, they can easily say this is their way of apoligizing for the BC only places. 7. I'm glad someone actually agrees with this.. I usually get posts about "IT WILL MAKE TEH LAGZOR!" and other junk like that. It's shouldn't cause much more lag. If you had a bunch of torches at your place, hit events wouldn't change anything. It would be laggier if they didn't add the hit events, and instead forced players to use explosions as fire. (constantly regenerating an explosion to keep it alive) 8. It's not really that, but it can work as one of those. It's a shortcut button. If you have Flash8 you would know what I'm talking about. But almost nobody has that program, so I decided it wouldn't be worth mentioning. 10. It's a shame you never got to experience getting catapulted by a race-car. It was really fun. But you can still experience the tumbling glitch at SFOTH
ashshaun
#42554044Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:01 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
fghik
#42554692Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:14 AM GMT

For one: people don't just go around saying "Oh golly gee wilikers Mr.Giraffe, I feel like h4xing ashshaun's acc0unt!". Usually the only way you will ever get h4xed is when you give someone your personal info. It's 24 hours, that's long enough to get your passw0rd back (ONLY IF you verified your e-m4il. If not, go do it right now; you get a free hat!) What are the odds of you mass deleting something, but right as you change your mind, someone h4xes your account, WITHOUT you giving them any of your personal information? Close to none, or less (yeah, negative probability! take THAT economy). Keep your info secret, and your passw0rd is for the most part safe. If someone h4xes you and deletes all your stuff, you still can get back your passw0rd within the 24 hours, and undo it all. Keep Secret Info Secret.
doneyes
#42556759Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:56 AM GMT

#10 I remember playing donut factory tycoon and you can make a chimney, but the chimney falls down every once in a while, and has to be fixed, well, it fell on me. Just several 2 by 4 bricks tumbling over me and it knocked me over! It was extremely funny! Its a ton of fun! I missed that feature when they updated it and it went away.
fghik
#42558503Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:41 AM GMT

Now you could go and tip over the tower yourself, and any bricks that hit anybody would be deflected, as if they were nothing.
Scratcherclaw
#42558544Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:42 AM GMT

. ҉ . Ooooh, fancy! *.*
firestep
#42558668Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:46 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
YoDonuts
#42558935Tuesday, February 15, 2011 4:56 AM GMT

Thats A LOT OF WRITING!
deathguardian92
#42563648Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:02 PM GMT

Tag! Finally found it, and Crunchity is gone to boot >:)
destroyer4441
#42563938Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:31 PM GMT

Support! I miss being flinged by random cars falling from the sky.....
DestinyUnbound
#42564083Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:45 PM GMT

the contest system shouldn't block the my models section, just the models made by other people (you can use your models, but not other peoples). I have a place I worked forever on and I dont want to remake and Rescript it for a contest, I havent used any free models on it, I made the whole thing, and I scripted it, I want to be able to put it in a contest and not have it reset to an empty baseplate.
Rowpunk
#42564106Tuesday, February 15, 2011 2:47 PM GMT

1-10 Get a Support from me! But I was a little confused by the contest system....As in how would you get your voting score? Also only being able to import bricks and not models? What if we created a model that fit the contest before we knew about the contest? Either we couldn't import it into the game hence starting from the beggining, or we could import it and still have the problem with free models. (As people can put a free model into a normal game and then save it to their own models.) Just my 2¢
fghik
#42564530Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:18 PM GMT

@shred We have to not allow "My Models" either because people can just as easily re-upload a free model as their own. And aren't contests supposed to be about building? Not using pre-made stuff from earlier? Building from scratch! That's the way you're supposed to build. This could make things fun.
fghik
#42564596Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:23 PM GMT

@RowPunk Your score will be calculated by the score you get multiplied by the number of ratings. (rating)*(multiplier) = (total score) If 10 people rate. And your average score is 3.2. Then your total score would be 32. (3.2)*(10) = 32 Think 1-5-star rating systems. The number of times someone rates it 1-5 stars serves as the multiplier for your total score. so 12 times being rated, at an average score of 4: put it in the formula. (rating)*(multiplier) = (total score) (4)*(12) = 48 This players score would be 48.
oliver1028
#42564707Tuesday, February 15, 2011 3:29 PM GMT

Agreed everyone.
fghik
#42581902Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:50 PM GMT

bump
sethixzonsalt
#42582379Tuesday, February 15, 2011 11:58 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
biketest
#42584327Wednesday, February 16, 2011 12:27 AM GMT

I support this: ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TL;DR VERSION!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ __________________A list of 10 updates I want eventually.___________________ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ For reasons unknown: (and by 'unknown', I mean I'm not allowed to say anything about it) My other threads were taken hostage. (and by 'taken hostage' I mean I'm not allowed to say where they REALLY went) This is a thread of 10 updates I want to happen eventually. I KNOW THESE UPDATES TAKE TIME TO MAKE! I am not expecting these right away! I just want these to be implemented sometime in the future. These suggestions are not placed in any particular order. These are just a collection of my ideas, and a forum for you to troll them. 1. MASS DELETION - A faster way to delete multiple pages of items. Have a bunch of items you want to delete? (Models, shirts, badges, T-shirts, friends, etc.) The only way to do so is by deleting each item at it's item page, one at a time. I want "View all" button and see all of one type of item (such as badges). A "... Results per page" drop-down menu. And a "Select All" checkbox (and you can deselect the ones you want to keep). When you have selected the ones you want gone, a BIG RED deletion box rests at the bottom of the page. Click it to get a confirmation message "Are you sure you want to delete ...number of items... items?" Yes, and those items are gone. No, and they stay for you to re-work your selection. If you say "Yes" you have 24 hours to 'undo' your selection of deleted items. After the 24 hours, everything you deleted is gone for good. No, I'm not being lazy. I'm being efficient. Why waste all your time deleting, when you can spend it building amazing places? This is ROBLOX, a virtual BUILDING toy, not a SPEND MOST OF YOUR TIME DELETING toy... 2. FORUM UPDATE - Get rid of the same system we have had all these years. Sure this forum style may have been 'somewhat' current back in 08, but now, not so much. Mostly every forum out there has upgraded. They have bold text, underline, italics, font colors, edit buttons! I'm not asking for images or active links, there are obvious problems with those. I just want to be able to format my pages! I tried as hard as I could with this thread, but without bolds or underlines, you can't make headings! I also want different font colors. It may just be me, but I am sick of plain black text. What if I wanted to color code this thread? I know there will be morons out there making yellow/hard to read text... But that's their fault. If they are dumb enough to post in yellow, they obviously don't want their posts to be read. The filters will work the same for every color! If someone curses in white text, the filters will still pick it up. 3. BUILDERS CLUB FAVORITES PAGE - A banner to make useless space practical. No, this isn't flame bait, or a BC only feature. This is a banner to cover up that empty section of space at the bottom of every page (above the copyright junk, and below the different genres). This banner will hold 10-15 items from the catalog. Any item, such as a hat, or T-shirt. Yes, ROBLOX and Player-made items can both be shown here (including places!). How does it get up there? Whichever items receive the most favorites from builders club members (for the current month)! The items with the most BC favorites will be to the left; the ones with the least are to the left. They only stay up for the month: once the month ends, all items are removed from the banner, and to get back up, they need more BC favorites. No, un-favoriting and re-favoriting will NOT count as a new favorite. THIS IS NOT A BC EXCLUSIVE FEATURE THIS IS NOT A BC EXCLUSIVE FEATURE THIS IS NOT A BC EXCLUSIVE FEATURE. Anyone can click on the items shown and be linked to the item. NBC OWNED ITEMS CAN BE SHOWN. Players without BC can still have an item on the banner (models and places). If a player has more than one great item that BC players love, both items will be displayed. This is not a useless update, it is turning something useless (blank space) into something practical. If we are making stuff to make the players happy, don't you think we should make stuff that makes the paying customers happy? With this banner, we will know what BC players like. 4. CONTEST SYSTEM - My plan for a better contest system. The contest system is unfair, and the free modeled places always win. Most of the places that people actually work hard on, don't even get the hat/gear for the points. People choose the place with the best thumbnail in an attempt for Voting Accuracy. Places often title themselves "+4 if vote, +7 if play!" to get people to vote for their place. And even though ROBLOX said places like that give 0 points, they don't. They award just as many points as normal. but I have a solution. Instead of just choosing place A or place B for Voting Accuracy: you rate Place A and Place B 1-5 stars. And do away with Voting Accuracy all together. You enter just as normal, but to rate a place, you must be online for at least 60 seconds. When that time passes, a GUI appears that says "How cool is this place?" (or whatever the current themed question is). You have 2 choices, A. Keep playing and rate later. The GUI closes. When you click the exit button, the GUI reappears, for you to choose again. B. Rate now and Exit. You rate it 1-5 stars, and the you leave the game, to go find another one. HOW THE SCORES WILL BE CALCULATED: The score you receive is multiplied by the number of ratings you received. If you got 10 ratings, and the average score was 4.6: then your total score would be 46. Yes, scores will be much lower in this system (How did they even calculate the other score?) WHAT ABOUT FREE MODELS? When you enter the contest, it forces you to choose a blank place. The "Free Models' and "My Models" section are locked. So you only have access to Bricks, My Decals, Game Objects, etc. (And whatever else is in ROBLOX studio). When you enter, the ClipBoard is cleared, so you cannot copy and paste free models from other places. And every time you try to paste something from outside the current building window, it won't let you. You can only copy and paste from the current Explorer window (or duplicate tool for solo-mode builders). To build in the contest place, it requires you to confirm a ClipBoard dump. If you say no, it will not allow you to build. 5. NEW MODERATING SYSTEM - The current one isn’t that great. I could not even begin to tell you how many times I have been falsely banned or had threads unjustly deleted (really, I’m not allowed to or I will get banned... It’s happened to me). I’m sure stuff like this has happened to most of you as well. I understand the rules are there for a reason, but a lot of times the rules aren’t even being broken! (oh and by the way, the What Not To Suggest sticky needs to be put back up). ROBLOX doesn’t have the resources to hire more moderators, so I have come to the understanding they are using computer-program moderators (mod-bots). They pick up on the littlest things, even if it’s not against the rules. If it’s even questionable when placed next to a word in a post on another page, these mod-bots will pick up on it. Usually giving a [Content Deleted], or it worse cases, a false ban and thread lock. Even if it was a POST on the THREAD, the entire thread gets locked. Hiring more moderators takes time and money (hey, I’m always open :-D ) , we all know that. But the least you could do it make the report abuse section run a bit smoother (less error messages! >:c), and update the Mod-bots (if they really exist, and they aren’t just my imagination) 6. TRADE SYSTEM - When is this coming out again? ROBLOX mentioned a system to be used to trade hats and gear between players. It was supposed to be our consolation for the “BC ONLY” places. Why haven’t we heard any news about it? Did it just die? I was looking forward to this! 7. PARTICLE EFFECT HIT EVENTS - When someone touches fire, scripts could make it burn We love the particle system. It’s really cool to have those kinds of graphics to be placed inside bricks. But unlike their cousin, the explosions; Smoke, Fire, and Sparkles all lack Touched events! When someone it touched by an explosion (no matter what the BlastPressure), you can put in an OnTouch() script, and have the explosion do stuff to the player! THIS IS HOW THE BALEFIRE TOOL WORKS! Someone touches an explosion, and then the explosion taghumanoid()’s it, and it goes on from there. Now imagine a Balefire Tool, but actually BaleFIRE? BaleSMOKE? BaleSPARKLES? You could make campfires that set people on fire. You could have smoke that pushes you up. You could have sparkles that kill! There are endless building possibilities! Because fire, smoke, and sparkles are already in the game: there would be no new particles needed. No extra lag. If you placed a fire inside a brick now, it would lag just as much as it would after the update. 8. LUA QUICK - An optional, simple menu that has buttons to input simple phrase. Really just a feature to help out beginners. When you open a script, you see the code. To the left of that, there are the line markers. LUA QUICK is a menu that you can toggle on and off from the “View” tab. It will have a list of common scripting materials. Like a function and it’s connection. For example, if you wanted to have an onTouch() script, but had no idea what you need to write, you could look in the LUA QUICK menu. The menu would have categories, and sub-categories. One of the categories would be “Functions”, then it would have the onTouch() as one of the sub categories. Click it, to have: “function onTouch(hit) end script.Parent.Touched:connect(onTouch) ” appear in the script. LUA QUICK would also have some easy, common functions. Such as Lava Scripts, and regen scripts. AND it will have a few slots for your own custom scripts that you want easy access to. Like I said, this is an optional feature to help out newbies at scripting. OPTIONAL, meaning you can choose to have it on or off. It’s a simple menu for quick access to functions and common scripts and phrases. 9. MESH OFFSET GLITCH - A terrible glitch that needs fixing. If you don’t know what OffSet its: it is a property that allows you to move a mesh from the brick. If you had a Brick at (0,0,0); and wanted it to be at (0,10,0), but couldn’t (or didn’t want to) move the brick itself, you could move the OffSet to move up 10. The mesh would show up at (0,10,0); but the brick itself would still be at (0,0,0). It’s a really cool feature actually. But there is a terrible glitch; it only works with: BlockMesh and CylinderMesh. SpecialMesh (the one most meshes are, ones with MeshID and TextureID) doesn’t work. It has the property. And you can set it whatever you want. But the mesh doesn’t move! And that is bad! No, this doesn’t cause lag. The meshes are already in the game. No new Objects required. Just a fix in the OffSet. 10. PHYSICS ENGINE - 10er’s wouldn’t know, but back in the day, getting hit by a car would fling you far away. I remember back in 08, walking on the train tracks was a real hazard. Because everyone knew that in 10-15 seconds, a bright yellow train would come speeding down those tracks and toss you to Neverland. Not anymore: you can get hit by a large plane and not be budged. Monster-Trucks can’t even dream of even knocking over a ROBLOXian! Last time I checked, Chuck Norris is the only unstoppable force. Not some flimsy piece of plastic ROBLOXian. And it’s not just vehicles. Spawning makes you tumble over too! Ever hear of the “Tumbling Glitch”? This is when you spawn, your character wobbles off the spawn and sometimes off a cliff. If you have never experienced this, go play some SFOTH. It’s not every time; but often you will spawn off balance, and tumble off the spawn location. I don’t know why this happens, but I’m pretty sure it has something to do with the physics engine. Why do we need an upgrade? Why don’t we! That’s what this whole mess about the new OGRE system is about. (Haven’t heard of it? Don’t. It will just start a flame war.) These are just some suggestions I want added. I DO NOT WANT THEM NOW! I just want them added eventually to the game! Maybe if they slowed hat/gear productions, (hats are nice, but I prefer updates) and worked on more real updates, people probably wouldn’t hate this game so much... Just a thought. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~TL;DR VERSION!~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ __________________A list of 10 updates I want eventually.___________________ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ HEY YOU! DON’T TOUCH THIS REPLY BUTTON UNTIL YOU READ THE POST

of     8   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right