of     5   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

RevolutionGG
#43050299Friday, February 25, 2011 12:17 AM GMT

================================================ Title says all. What? It doesn't? Oh sure it does... Doesn't it? Fine. I'll explain what they are. ================================================ RevGG back with another suggestion! FTLR (Formal Text Level Rating): Low-Higher (62%) Mild reading skill required. Possible 'tl;dr's and haters. Hey! You there! Are you seriously bored? Try reading this↓. You might like it. http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=42933474 Also, I've discussed this suggestion with Varp. He commented it as 'considerable' (probably). Enough introduction. Let's get on with the suggestion. ================================================ -------------------------------------------------------- {1} What are they? -------------------------------------------------------- Well, Sectional Moderators are moderators for a certain forum only. This means they will be less pressured to moderate on all the forums. This also means moderators can do less work on the forums and focus on other moderations. Sectional Moderators, can be veterans of a certain forum. They would have enough experiences to consider what thing should be tolerated and not. Few examples would be: Oysi/xLEGOx/Anaminus for Scripters/Scripting Helpers, DarkLight08/BeepBoopBop/Varp for S&I, etc. -------------------------------------------------------- {2} What can they do? -------------------------------------------------------- Sectional Moderators can proceed minimum moderation on the forums the moderators have selected them. They can indicate threads as 'spam' (but not delete it), Post stickie threads (that must be approved by moderators), and they will have access to 'moderators forum' (which will be described later on). Even though they are just 'Sectional', responsibility of 'moderator' is being put in place. They mustn't abuse with the power, and must have a valid and understandable reason for their actions. Being a sectional moderator does not benefit the user privately. At all. They will have minimum moderation ability, and for a specific forum only. Nothing more. -------------------------------------------------------- {3} What about the relationship between real mods? -------------------------------------------------------- Real moderators are ALWAYS - and I will say this again - ALWAYS superior to Sectional Moderators. If a moderator commands the Sectional Moderators, they must do so. As Sectional Moderators will be more active on the forums, they can see recent problems that are booming in the forums (say, for example: BC only place). In that case, they will require a way to communicate with the real moderators, to tell the problem. That's where 'moderators only forum' comes in. Only a single one, probably at the very bottom of it. Sure, there might be flames, but one thing for sure: DEFINITELY ONLY ONE FORUM. At the very bottom, 'Moderators Discussion' forum would be exclusive to moderators. In there, they will discuss new ideas/problems they have. It will be up to the moderators whether to decide if non-moderators can VIEW it or not. -------------------------------------------------------- {4} Do we need Sectional Moderators? -------------------------------------------------------- It would be a good thing to have. Because let's face it: Moderators are too busy doing other moderation (it's not an insult). They have simply too many jobs to care about the forums. Sectional Moderators are active, and would be very keen to the forum. It can improve the forum very much so. And, we wouldn't be needing many Sectional Moderators. Some inactive forums (like Rate My Robloxian, Sports discussion) doesn't need any moderation, because they are not really the priority most of us go to. Active forums like RT, S&I, OT, and SH needs an active mod to keep the forum neat and tidy. Some forums can have more than one Sectional Moderators (like, there would be more S.M. on OT rather than LC), so the job of moderation would not be stressful. ================================================ What do you think? I know this might sound stupid and abusable, but I think it would work out fine. FLAMEPROOF_SHIELD: Activated.
RevolutionGG
#43051368Friday, February 25, 2011 12:30 AM GMT

Taking a while to read? Or is people ignoring this...
Scratcherclaw
#43052028Friday, February 25, 2011 12:38 AM GMT

TL;DR I HATE YOU, NOOB! xD Just kidding, support! :D This would help good ideas from the S&I get passed onto the devs in an easier manner (Sectional mods could tell the real mods about good ideas (= ), and would help keep order.
RevolutionGG
#43052146Friday, February 25, 2011 12:40 AM GMT

Finally! A reply from someone! Thanks for the support.
Varp
#43052761Friday, February 25, 2011 12:47 AM GMT

Good suggestion. Exactly how will the staff select sectional moderators though? Maybe a system where they just make a poll, post a sticky in each forum, and let people vote for, say, 5 users from each forum, or maybe a system based on statistics which are gathered - i.e. choose from the 20 most active people in the previous month and have a vote in the staff.
RevolutionGG
#43052943Friday, February 25, 2011 12:49 AM GMT

The community (of the specific forum) should choose. And they can vote if they are, active enough. But I need to define 'active enough'...
Scratcherclaw
#43054295Friday, February 25, 2011 1:05 AM GMT

My definition of "active enough" would probably be someone who posts frequently and is on the specific forum more than one time every day. :3
RevolutionGG
#43054978Friday, February 25, 2011 1:13 AM GMT

Let's say, minimum of 10 forum post on the forum a day?
Scratcherclaw
#43055183Friday, February 25, 2011 1:15 AM GMT

Minimum of 10 NON-SPAM forum posts on the forum a day. :3
RevolutionGG
#43055274Friday, February 25, 2011 1:16 AM GMT

To identify as 'non-spam', maybe 'never reported'?
Scratcherclaw
#43055437Friday, February 25, 2011 1:18 AM GMT

Yesh, and perhaps at least 2-5 threads that weren't reported for anything reasonable posted in that specific forum?
RevolutionGG
#43055495Friday, February 25, 2011 1:19 AM GMT

Yes. That can be explained as being 'active enough'.
RevolutionGG
#43056640Friday, February 25, 2011 1:32 AM GMT

Bring up.
cheeseslime
#43057178Friday, February 25, 2011 1:39 AM GMT

Even though you've shot down half of my ideas Rev, I must say I agree. They would be like wiki writers, but in a different way....
Keyumi
#43057549Friday, February 25, 2011 1:43 AM GMT

So its like hiring more moderaters to do differeant forums......right? Because it is true that the forum moderaters have more things to worry about other then checking forums. I agree. This may help sufficiently. SUPPORT!
iiExplorer
#43057561Friday, February 25, 2011 1:43 AM GMT

Very organized, terrific grammar, great idea. 5/5 I would vote you Sectional Moderator of S&I. I love your work, it's inspiring. ~The Explorer~ ~/iiExplorer\~
gking19
#43057802Friday, February 25, 2011 1:47 AM GMT

Support!!!!! The moderator forum would TOTALLY help mod's actually see our ideas. SUPPORT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gking19
#43057867Friday, February 25, 2011 1:48 AM GMT

Also, GG, you never cease to amaze me with your foruming skills. You sir, are going in my guinness book of roblox records!
RevolutionGG
#43074493Friday, February 25, 2011 12:50 PM GMT

Thanks for the complements and the supports :D
frostbyte04
#43074641Friday, February 25, 2011 12:56 PM GMT

Yes. The system ROBLOX has it right now is very inefficient, forcing our poor moderators to cover every section all at once, including the most busy[RT, OT] whose rule-breaking threads could slip by unnoticed do to the traffic.
frostbyte04
#43074657Friday, February 25, 2011 12:57 PM GMT

Due even. .-.
RevolutionGG
#43074672Friday, February 25, 2011 12:58 PM GMT

Thanks for the support.
RevolutionGG
#43088730Friday, February 25, 2011 8:34 PM GMT

Bring up. I know it's tough to read, but I don't think it's bad.
RevolutionGG
#43093005Friday, February 25, 2011 9:46 PM GMT

Re-bump.
dribson
#43093271Friday, February 25, 2011 9:50 PM GMT

MAKE THEM NAO >:U

of     5   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right