of     1   

Giik
#540842Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:30 AM GMT

I'm new to roblox, and so far, I'm really confused. Can you help me on the basics of building? All of this stuff seems alien so far to me. P.S. This is my first post! yay!
Giik
#540851Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:32 AM GMT

Well, I also mean like: Scripts, cars, planes, HUH? I need help on those too.
Cull
#540856Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:34 AM GMT

what ones do you need?
kristomaster
#540997Saturday, March 01, 2008 7:46 AM GMT

planes and cars is made by scripting a car model. If you want to get the basics first, DONT start with scripting. you better get used to building first. To start building your place, select roblox studio in the start menu on your computer. Then click on ''My roblox'', and then click on ''edit''. Now you are in your place without your character, just with the view. Press ''Insert'' And a box will appear on the right, there you find bricks and stuff. There is buttons that make it possible to make your bricks longer, higher and wider. And there is button for anchoring (Prevents your bricks to move) that looks like an anchor, and a button for locking (prevents that you can select them) that looks like a lock. A other usefull thing is: Click view, and then select ''explorer''. When you have finished your place it is just to click on ''Publish to roblox''. A textbox will appear, and then you have it!
Giik
#542934Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:07 PM GMT

And that little movie at the home page that shows the cursor dragging the bricks to make them bigger and smaller, ect. That doesn't happen in my game. Is there simply a bug?
Giik
#542962Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:12 PM GMT

Thanks for those tips! I might need help later though. ----------- :-)~ <- He's got a goatee. Just thought of that.
Platiepoos
#542979Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:13 PM GMT

To resize bricks, you first need to open the tools tab. Select the blue button next to the one that looks like a cursor, and click on any brick to change its size.
Giik
#542989Saturday, March 01, 2008 6:15 PM GMT

Oh, wait. I didn't notice you saying "there are buttons to make your brick higher and wider." So, forget about the post up above me that says "And the movie on the homepage where the cursor is making the brick higher and wider, ect. That doesn't happen in my game".

of     1