of     6   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Tmae3114
#54749995Tuesday, September 13, 2011 5:59 PM GMT

Dragonriders of Pern is the invention of Anne McCaffrey. I don't claim to own it ___________________________________________________________________________ Rukbat, in the Sagittarian sector, is a golden G-type star. It has 5 planets and a stray it has attracted and held in recent millennia. Its third planet is enveloped with air man can breathe, boasts water he can drink, and holds gravity that allows men to walk confidently. Man discovered it and promptly colonised it, as they do to every habitable planet, and then, whether deliberately or accidently, the colony lost touch with Earth and was left to fend for itself. When men first settled on Rukbat’s third world, and named it Pern, they paid little attention to the stranger-planet, swinging around its adopted primary in a wildly erratic elliptical orbit. In a few generations they had completely forgotten its existence. The desperate path the wanderer pursued brought it close to its sister planet every two hundred years. When the aspects were harmonious and the conjunction with its sister planet close enough, as it often was, the indigenous life of the wanderer sought to breach the space gap to the temperate and hospitable planet. To forestall the incursions of Thread, the name gifted to the terrible silver strands by the Pernese, the colonists developed a life-form based on an indigenous life-form, Fire-lizards, that could sear Thread from Pern’s Skies. Such humans that had high empathy ratings and innate telepathic abilities were brought forward as candidates for the eggs. These humans would become life-mates with the dragons, named for the myth they resembled, bonded my mind and soul. This bond ran so deep that if the rider died the dragon would suicide between. And thus the dragonriders of Pern were born! However the colonists still faced a challenge, how to rid Pern’s skies of Thread forever? In order to achieve this goal they instructed AIVAS, Artificial Intelligence Voice Address System, to figure out a solution. However the volcano, at whose base they lived, became active and they had to move north to shield in the many caves and mountains. The dragonriders moved, in groups, into dead volcano’s craters and lived apart from the other people. They had a job and a duty to Pern and in order to try and keep themselves ever ready to do it, they became a sort of breed apart from regular men and women. Years came and went and the cycle went on, until one day while investigating the southern continent man once again found AIVAS, and working together with it managed to rid Pern of Thread forever. Falls of Thread still go on, as they will until this Pass is over, but Dragonmen and Women must have a craft when this Pass ends and so a new craft was made! When the pass is over, Dragonmen and Women will have a craft of their own and will take care of themselves, they will become Sky watchers. They will watch the skies and the stars, and defend Pern against other threats that might befall her. ___________________________________________________________________________ The 9th pass is nearing a close, Eggs have hardened on the hatching grounds of Benden Weyr (ben-den We-ar) and candidates are being brought. A single golden queen egg sits among the others. Are you a candidate? Are you already a dragonrider? Are you perhaps one of the dragons waiting to hatch and find your life mate? Perhaps you are simply a holder? Come and join the magnificent world of Pern! ___________________________________________________________________________ Dragons come in 5 colours and there are gender specifics to each colour: Bronze: Male Brown: Male Blue: Male Green: Female Gold: Queen, Female Rules: No godmodding •No ubering •‘It’s not in the rules’ isn’t an excuse •Dragons come only in the colours listed above. No adding colours. •Put ‘Pern is my home, as I am Pernese’ after your CS to prove you’ve read the rules •You can have up to 4 characters, no more. •Wait until you are accepted before you start •Only Admins and I can accept ___________________________________________________________________________ ~Dragon Cs~ Name:(Must end in '-th') A.ge: Colour: Rider: Thread-scored?(Scar from being hit by Thread): Personality: Bio(Optional): ~Dragonrider Cs~ Name:(Must be shortend. E.G. F'lar(actualy character in books) or D'ram) A.ge: Are you a candidate?: Dragon:(If answered yes above do not fill in) Thread-scored?(Scar from being hit by Thread): Personality: Bio(Optional): ~Holder Cs~ Name: Age: Hold:(Ruatha, Fort, Benden, Ista or High Reaches) Personality: Bio:(Optional)
PinkBeen
Top 100 Poster
#54750026Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:00 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Tmae3114
#54750059Tuesday, September 13, 2011 6:02 PM GMT

(I didn't choose it PinkBeen. The Dragonriders of Pern is an Award-winning book series by Anne McCaffrey. It has been best-selling for almost 40 years)
Tmae3114
#54790886Wednesday, September 14, 2011 3:53 PM GMT

(I forgot Appearance in origanal CS's. Please add it to your Cs.) ~Dragonrider Cs~ Name: Kristiniana. To be shortend to K'ris A.ge: 13 turns(turns = years) Are you a candidate?: Yes Dragon: N/A Thread-scored?: Nope Appearance: She has Pale skin and is freckled. Her Freckles cover the tops of her cheek bones and cross over her nose like a bridge. She has blue eyes with a small outline of dark blue around the iris's. The corners of her mouth are slightly turned up so she always appears to be happy. She has blonde hair that goes down just past her shoulders. She will normally tie her hair back in a ponytail. Personality: She is normally calm, siilent and happy. She will do anything to help a friend. If she is teased or bullied or see's something as unfair she can go from a happy, kind girl to a bossy,mean short tempered one. Bio(Optional): Born in Benden hold, she has grown up around dragons. She wants to Impress one more than anything, and to be part of the formation fighting thread, before the Pass is over and she never gets a chance. She also want to have a liflong friend and companion that she knows she will find in a dragon. ~Dragon Cs~ Name: Morath A.ge: Hatchling Colour: Green Rider: N/A Thread-scored?: Nope Personality: Not hatched yet so... TBR Bio(Optional): N/A
lukas2231
#54791523Wednesday, September 14, 2011 4:35 PM GMT

~Dragon Cs~ Name: Azulth A.ge: 0 (egg) Colour: Green Rider: None for now Thread-scored?: No Personality: Will be revealed Bio(Optional): An egg.
Tmae3114
#54792461Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:26 PM GMT

(You need to add one little thing Lukas. Once you've added it you're accepted. Now we just need someone to be your rider :D)
lukas2231
#54792695Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:35 PM GMT

(I totally forgotten :P) Pern is my home, as I am Pernese
Tmae3114
#54793178Wednesday, September 14, 2011 5:54 PM GMT

(Accepted :D Only one person more needed before we can start.)
lukas2231
#54793418Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:05 PM GMT

(Okay.)
ben4433
#54793546Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:10 PM GMT

~Holder Cs~ Name: Erick George Red @ge: 56 Hold: Benden Personality: Kind, but verry serious. Bio: My farther was a Holder, and his farther was a holder, and his farther was a holder, and his farther was a holder, and his farther was a women trapped in a man's body. Pern is my home, as I am Pernese
Tmae3114
#54793599Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:12 PM GMT

(Ben, please revise your CS a bit. It's slightly undetialed in area's where a little more detail would make it slightly easier to understand. Also, as I've told you before and will tell you again, please check your spelling before posting)
ben4433
#54793983Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:26 PM GMT

~Holder Cs~ Name: Erick George Red @ge: 56 Hold: Benden Personality: Verry kind, when he sees someone he gives them a hand right away(most of the times people hit him in the face). Bio: He is the only one in the family who is kind, his family always says: "You may not talk to strangers, they might be dangerous." But he always ignores them. Pern is my home, as I am Pernese (Better? I am not sure about my spelling, I am still working on it.)
Tmae3114
#54794043Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:28 PM GMT

(Better. Accepted)
lukas2231
#54794417Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:42 PM GMT

(If someone else will want, before I'll think of my rider, I'll probably let them be my rider if that's possible, but I'll still think of one soon.)
Tmae3114
#54794585Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:47 PM GMT

(If someone else wants to be your rider before you post a candidate cs then that's fine. If ou make your own rider though, I think I know whjat you'd call them. :D)
zalak123
#54794620Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:48 PM GMT

(I wanna be someone's rider :O)
lukas2231
#54794642Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:49 PM GMT

(Nope, not Alex :P)
zalak123
#54794648Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:50 PM GMT

Name: Smith. T A.ge: 14 Are you a candidate?: Yes. Dragon:(If answered yes above do not fill in) i dun haz wun Thread-scored?(Scar from being hit by Thread): long scar over right arm Personality: Easy going Bio(Optional):
Tmae3114
#54794665Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:51 PM GMT

(:P I wasn't thinking Alex! I was thinking A'lex XD They're diffent see? there's a ' inbtween the A and the L
Tmae3114
#54794678Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:51 PM GMT

(Accepted Zalak. You got caught out during Threadfall did you?)
zalak123
#54794688Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:52 PM GMT

(Yus T_T)
Tmae3114
#54794718Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:53 PM GMT

(Good thing you got to water intime to get rid of the Thread. Or did a Dragonrider take you Between?)
lukas2231
#54794846Wednesday, September 14, 2011 6:59 PM GMT

(g2g, see ya tomorrow :D)
Tmae3114
#54794879Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:00 PM GMT

(See you tomorrow Lukas :D Then we start. I g2g soon anyways :P)
zalak123
#54794883Wednesday, September 14, 2011 7:00 PM GMT

(I got 2 da water)

of     6   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right