of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Recruitsoldier
#55771588Monday, October 03, 2011 5:35 AM GMT

I've just dreamed up a possible way to totally remove spam in every nook and cranny from ROBLOX and every place once and for all!! Not really. I've just come up with another theory that could minimize (not remove) spam. Beside a comment, there would be a "Register as Spam" button. If you click this, it will bring up a report menu. There will be a box to type, and under it (or above it, idc), it will say what this system is meant to be for. It is meant to only be used on spam comments that say something like, "copy & paste dis on five shirts" and you're all familiar with it I'm sure. ROBLOX can do whatever they want with the text or name, or button, I just want to make sure the idea is clear first. After the "report" is sent, a moderator checks it. If he/she deems it as glitch spam, it will not only get removed, but any comment that is the same will get blocked, removing that chain of spam. "What if they break through the automatic filter by putting a dot in the middle of a word or something?" Well, obviously, they wouldn't do that. The words clearly say "Copy & paste," so it needs to be word for word. Plus, if they do attempt to post it directly after copying & pasting it, a system notification will come up and explain that those copy & paste glitches aren't real blah blah blah I don't want to get into the details.. For extra effect, in red print beside a comment box it should say the same thing about those glitch comments (whatever ROBLOX wants it to be), and maybe it will even send a message to a newly registered player. But back to the actual idea. Granted, there must be thousands of ways (hundreds of thousands, or even millions) that you can turn a comment into something else to bypass the filter. But, I feel any sensible person, before making his comment, will like to make it somewhat like the original one he copied from, otherwise he may feel the glitch may not work (of course it doesn't anyway). Give your thoughts and opinions.
Recruitsoldier
#55771903Monday, October 03, 2011 6:00 AM GMT

Bump. My 6,000th post, a bump? That clearly proves how much of an S&Ier I am.
KTeddy13
#55771945Monday, October 03, 2011 6:03 AM GMT

This could be bypassed, but most of the spam I see have "Copy and paste". So, I support, this could kill off some of the spam that lies in the comments.
NindoBoy
#55772851Monday, October 03, 2011 8:26 AM GMT

support i guess
watevs44
#55778197Monday, October 03, 2011 3:31 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Recruitsoldier
#55824515Tuesday, October 04, 2011 5:59 AM GMT

@watevs I have by far seen no one do that. @KTeddy How could it be bypassed? If an item is registered as spam, anything, it will go to the mods, with a description of the comment (not really necessary, but it could help), and then they would put a banhammer on any comment that uses the same words. The original will get deleted. Now, what if someone uses a filter bypass character (which is unlikely)? Then, someone can register THAT as spam, and the process continues until quite a lot of possibilities of breaking through the filter are put to a stop. I doubt the mods will achieve a total block on all spam, but they might be able to block most.
MikeMichaelrules
#55824537Tuesday, October 04, 2011 6:01 AM GMT

This will be by far the best way to actually cut down the spam.Even those BC noobs still fall the "FREE TIX AND ROBUX" April Fools joke...Also,for you get rid of spam idea,you should be able to vote comments,like if a comment is rated too low,it is deleted from the thread or game comments. ROBLOX should rly put this up.Spammers me see everyday :/
watevs44
#55833566Tuesday, October 04, 2011 6:34 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Recruitsoldier
#55879350Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:01 PM GMT

@watevs Not everyone puts so much thought into what they're saying as you do, my dear tinman.
theblock24
#55879686Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:13 PM GMT

Not everyone will do that but some people will... Support though
watevs44
#55880900Wednesday, October 05, 2011 6:58 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
MikeMichaelrules
#55890085Wednesday, October 05, 2011 9:39 PM GMT

@Watevs But i think the idea is quite good enough to cut part of the spam... @Recruit Watevs isnt Tinman really,hes wearing a visor
Recruitsoldier
#55919029Thursday, October 06, 2011 1:42 PM GMT

@Recruit I'm not telling them script admin commands from scratch, I'm telling them to type 5 extra words My point: You're system is very easy to manoeuvre around which is why I don't support -- Apparently, what you didn't realize is this: The spammers, although they very likely wouldn't use your method of getting around the system, it's very obvious that they will attempt to. That isn't a problem. They can still be registered as glitch spam. This repeats itself until very little filter-bypasses still exist. This might take a while, but look at this: If the original copy & paste glitch comments are removed, the ones that we all see right now, then no one will even think of making a new comment that gets past the filter, since they didn't see the comment anyway. Understand?
watevs44
#55926428Thursday, October 06, 2011 7:43 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
MikeMichaelrules
#55937521Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:39 PM GMT

@Watevs Oyus
ParabolicFunction
#55937874Thursday, October 06, 2011 10:43 PM GMT

If you can even register one comment as 'spam' its fine by me. Seriously, I looked at the comments of a hat the other day to see feedback on it, and I had to cycle through 5 PAGES before getting to a real comment. Wth
Recruitsoldier
#55962901Friday, October 07, 2011 1:59 PM GMT

I quite frankly don't have the energy to carry out some strenuous, meaningless debate. Bottom line is: I won't support a system that requires 1 second to manoeuvre aruond -- You lack patience. The whole point of the system is to over time wear out spammers, not something that will instantly destroy them. It's like, you're besieging a settlement, and you have no means of assaulting it. You just have to sit and wait and let them starve. That's what I want to do here, cut off the possibilities of making spam, until eventually there are barely any means of bypassing the filter anymore. Also, let me repeat, if the current spam gets deleted, which will happen fairly fast since most of them are generally the same thing, then there will be less spam. Without the originals floating around, people have nothing to copy and paste, and they have to start all over again. They'll keep restarting their campaigns until there is virtually nothing they can spam.
Recruitsoldier
#56008270Saturday, October 08, 2011 5:50 AM GMT

Hm. Apparently no one cares to read a thread with a word that's 8 letters or longer..
UltimateIron496
#56008719Saturday, October 08, 2011 6:07 AM GMT

Support. I wonder when my postcount will exceed my IQ.
Recruitsoldier
#56008770Saturday, October 08, 2011 6:10 AM GMT

@ultimate When I saw that you replied, I feared it would be an argument. This proves stereotyping wrong. Also, I wonder when my post count will, too..
UltimateIron496
#56009103Saturday, October 08, 2011 6:30 AM GMT

Even if this is easy to avoid by "add 1 comma at the end of this post ,,,,,", there's a limit to the characters, and we could register all, say, 60 extra comma posts as spam. I wonder when my postcount will exceed my IQ.
Recruitsoldier
#56076391Sunday, October 09, 2011 6:15 AM GMT

Bump.
theblock24
#56077318Sunday, October 09, 2011 6:52 AM GMT

I think every time something is deleted because it is spam it gets added to the filters phrase list. Support
Recruitsoldier
#56210168Tuesday, October 11, 2011 1:38 PM GMT

I'll just give everyone an example, to be clear. Let's say, all of the current spam in the commentaries were these messages: 1). Copy & Paste this on 5 hats to get 10000000 ROBUX and Tickets! 2). THIS IS NOT FAKE! Builderman told me that if you copy & paste this on 5 hats, you'll get 10000000 ROBUX and Tickets! 3). The moderators told me that you can get 10000000 ROBUX and Tickets by copying & pasting this message on 5 hats! All of that is considered spam by everyone on ROBLOX, yet somehow, it still appears. (Note that the examples I have made are nowhere near the variety of different glitch spam comments that exist on ROBLOX, but I really didn't feel like typing all that). Now, there is a "Register as Spam" button right beside every comment on ROBLOX. If someone clicked on it beside the comment "1," a new window would pop up. You would write in a description of the comment. After sending the report, the moderators would check it out. If they deemed it as spam, the comment would get deleted. If they didn't see anything in it that was spam, they would do nothing, making false registers fruitless. Now, not only would the comment "1" be deleted, but also every other comment of the exact same text would get deleted as soon as they are commented. Even better, when someone posts a spam comment that has the exact same text of another comment that has been registered as spam and deemed as spam by the mods, the comment would get posted and then immediately deleted, not at all warning the person of what just happened. When he figures out it doesn't work, he just gives up, and then those 5 spam comments he posted all don't exist. And even better, if we delete all the current spam in ROBLOX, which there aren't so many varieties of, newbies wouldn't copy them, because they wouldn't be there. All of the spam in the commentaries would be wiped out with a single whack, and then it will be a small wrapping up of some experienced players trying to repost the glitch spam comments, but with an entirely new set of context to bypass the filter. This would simply get deleted. This process repeats itself until virtually all possible combinations of keys made in a comment (that still gets the message out, of course. It still needs to say, in effect, copy & paste this message, 5 hats, builderman told me, this is not fake, 1000000 ROBUX and Tix, etc.) are eliminated. Get the picture?
Recruitsoldier
#56260800Wednesday, October 12, 2011 3:15 PM GMT

Something I just realized I really lack is simplicity. My above post was intended only to be a couple paragraphs. I also need to use fewer dull words, I don't think "Register as Glitch Spam Button" sounds very interesting.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right