DeathNoah12
#61421696Saturday, January 14, 2012 1:43 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
TwentyTwoPilots
#61422479Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:17 PM GMT

:D
Sydezededer
#61423143Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:35 PM GMT

Support. What I'll probably say has probably already been said.
Midoroku
#61423303Saturday, January 14, 2012 2:39 PM GMT

I agree with everything u just typed!!
karres
#61424204Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:04 PM GMT

that music guy have obviously not meet my caliber. hes just a mare filthy peasant.
mystinourmist
#61424452Saturday, January 14, 2012 3:10 PM GMT

# karres child murderer.
sesma5
#61434136Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:26 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Grahem
#61435296Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:48 PM GMT

Meh
pighunter
#61435361Saturday, January 14, 2012 6:49 PM GMT

When my main had TBC, I received warnings for offsite links I tried to post. Now that I am NBC, I receive a 3 day ban. Also, I think if something gets caught in the filter, you should not ban them for what they said. In fact, I have a week long ban on my main for saying something I had no idea was against the rules. You should warn them the first time. If they do it again, BAN. Support. -/(Killercorvette-6 days remaining)\-
TwentyTwoPilots
#61436223Saturday, January 14, 2012 7:05 PM GMT

I imagine it would help if they told you what was against the rules.
jack194
#61439528Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:05 PM GMT

Support. I am obc and have never gotten banned but have 1000 warnings
TwentyTwoPilots
#61441245Saturday, January 14, 2012 8:35 PM GMT

I should know too. :3
IamEpic1234567
#61493180Sunday, January 15, 2012 6:24 PM GMT

The filter is a thing to fix indeed,I was trying to post something(a incident with a virus)and it kept blocking it... I deleted something and "floodcheck" then a few minutes later I post again and OMG RAIG IT BLOKED AGAN!!!!!!1!1!!!1111!!!!ONE!!!!!11111!!1!!!!ELEVEN!!!11!
TwentyTwoPilots
#61507525Sunday, January 15, 2012 10:30 PM GMT

lolwut
TwentyTwoPilots
#61520783Monday, January 16, 2012 2:13 AM GMT

Bump.
MahPizzaIsHere
#61521391Monday, January 16, 2012 2:22 AM GMT

I have not read all of the replies to this post, so if I'm missing something big then forgive me. I generally support this. My only issue is with the pro-BC bias Moderators allegedly have. Logically, this would be true. A business owner would treat someone who has bought something from his store much better than someone who is loitering. But is that really the case with Roblox? I suggest you offer more objective evidence. Your subjectivity in this matter is disquieting. A filter that adapts and learns would be a challenge for sure. However, it would represent a triumph of programming. Support.
TwentyTwoPilots
#61521986Monday, January 16, 2012 2:32 AM GMT

There have been people who have posted their stories on biased bans. I posted that on the basis of others experiences, not my own.
Jammintoad
#61522696Monday, January 16, 2012 2:44 AM GMT

---INTRO--- Moderation. It's that thing that keeps Roblox in tight shape. It weeds out the inappropriate, the annoying, and the stupid. But recently, several issues have shown themselves with the moderation sect of the site. These issues include, but are not limited to, Fairness, Appropriate punishments, the Filter, Customer Service, and False Bans. Kaaaaay... ---Fairness--- That's a term we all like. Right? Fairness. It gives a warm fuzzy feeling. That "everything is as it should be" feeling. Such is not the case when dealing with moderation. NBCers receive instant and often times extreme or unneeded (But we'll cover that later) moderation. But at the same time, BCers end up getting away with things that should result in severe punishment. Examples? (Note: these are not PAs. They are simply relating facts to you, the reader) JaredValdez2: As many of you long time users know, this hack has copied several front page games, then hacked the site to put his games on the front. You may say to this "But Alex! He's been perma banned!" True. But do you know how many alts this guy has created? And they are obvious ones. Delayed moderation is often the case with this user. Why? He purchases OBC on every alt of his. Lining the pockets of our admins. Getting on their nice side. He is practically invincible. Jared was of course 'Banned' and every place he got to the front page eventually got deleted, and he eventually got deleted. electro2000: (Reporting for this will get you reported back tenfold) We all know him. OBCer. Always sides with Roblox. Thinks NBCers deserve nothing. All this does not require moderation. His opinion is as valid as mine, and yours. But what gets me is how rude he is when stating his opinion. And what does he get for this? At most a week long ban, most likely less. Week long ban? That sounds appropriate for rude behavior. What do you expect? A permanent ban just for being rude? I thought this thread was about being *fair* TalkBackwards: You probably don't know him. BCer. Frequents the Music forum. However, I've seen this guy tear people apart. He has emotionally hurt so many users over the course of the year. I've seen it firsthand. This user is simply heartless. Why is his account still around? His BC makes him invincible. (Again, don't report me. This is just been relaying facts back to you. I have not sugarcoated it.) Probably because people don't report him. Or maybe the admins have given him at least a warning. Besides this is just one person So my suggestion? Make moderation FAIR. If a BCer hacks, ban em. --Already being done If a BCer constantly PAs, ban em. --Already being done If a BCer trolls, ban em. --Already being done If a NBCer hacks, ban em. --Already being done If a NBCer constantly PAs, ban em. --Already being done If a NBCer trolls, ban em. --Already being done You know how many complaints I see from mature players for getting banned for spam, and swear words? And they all have BC too. ---Appropriate Punishments--- We've all received a warning or gotten CDed for something we didn't think was worth it. Right? It annoys the heck out of us. We weren't being rabble rousers. We didn't think there was anything wrong. OR! We simply stated an opinion (Note: Without being rude in it, of course) and we got in trouble. I know this happened to VirtualDarks recently. The moderators have all screwed up once or twice. And that's fine, because we are all human. But. Shouldn't we think before we ban, moderators? Get a second opinion? So my suggestion? Give out appropriate punishments, WITHOUT BIAS. ToS (Terms of Service) Say that the admins have all right to restrict any user from their site. So if people start flaming employees of the company, you think they'll just let them sit there on the site? No Lol, this is ROBLOX, no America ---The Filter--- Ah, there's something we all hate! :D From a common mistyping of "shut" to an accidental Auto-Correct, we've all nearly gotten in trouble with this clunky filter. Yet, there are some who know how to get around the filter. Adding periods, speaking leet, adding spaces. Trolls often get around our steel fortress of a filter. (sarcasm). The filter catches things it doesn't need to, and completely misses the big stuff. So my suggestion? Make a learning filter. One the adapts to catching bypasses, one that recognizes spam, and one that ultimately enriches the community. Turn auto-correct off so that it doesn't do that :l. Also, people who get around the filter on the forums get deleted within like 2 minutes of it being posted. It doesn't help that the admins get tens of reports every second. Oh, and the 'Report' button? That's for reporting people who get around the filter. ---Customer Service--- CUSTOMER SERVICE! That thing that keeps Roblox users happy if they aren't pleased with something. Simply ask them a question and— a bot gives a completely unhelpful answer that has nothing to do with what you asked? what is this I don't even...... Face it. Customer Service is horrible. I sent them an email requesting they revert Studio back to it's previous version. Every single time I received Brighteyes bot reply telling me where to find it coupled with an offsite link. (Hypocrite much?) The next day, I would receive an email asking about the help I received. (- 9001 HELPZ!!) My suggestion? Put REAL PEOPLE in customer service. Not a bot that says "Here's an email with the word 'Studio' in it! Let's copy and paste a post telling them where to find it!" ROBLOX has to read all the customer service emails they get, then someone real looks at them. The bot just automatically replies once they get the email. ---False Bans--- Ok. This really makes me irate. (Vocab word! :D ). VirtualDarks recently posted a completely true post concerning a Creative Director. And a certain snob false reported it and guess what? IT WAS DELETED! Did it deserve this? NU! There was nothing containing libel (Another Vocab word! :D ) in the post. It was completely true. And the mods deleted it simply because they didn't like his position. Is this fair? ABSOLUTELY NOT. My suggestion? Ban for things that need it. Not things that don't. And do it without bias. "ToS (Terms of Service) Say that the admins have all right to restrict any user from their site. So if people start flaming employees of the company, you think they'll just let them sit there on the site? No Lol, this is ROBLOX, no America" (Hope I didn't sound like a idiot in this post :l)
EMAN381
#61524013Monday, January 16, 2012 3:04 AM GMT

There needs to be a giant influx of moderators one day, like about 50 more.
TwentyTwoPilots
#61524551Monday, January 16, 2012 3:13 AM GMT

We don't need more. We just need them to do their job correctly.