of     1   

RandyOrton0068
#60181381Sunday, December 25, 2011 3:43 AM GMT

Giants wide receiver Mario Manningham missed Saturday's game as he regressed during the week as he said he had some soreness in his knee and there was a little bit of swelling. Manningham said on Wednesday that he was going to play against the Jets, despite not practicing, but ultimately was inactive. "I'm good, I'll be out there next week" Manningham said after the Giants' 29-14 win. Manningham has been dealing with a knee issue in recent weeks that also sidelined him for the New Orleans and Green Bay games. He said earlier this year that he had some stuff floating around in his knee. He played the last two weeks and even got in on the trash talking before the game, saying how Jets cornerback Antonio Cromartie can get beat in coverage. With the battle for the NFC East on title, the receiver said he does not know his practice plan for the week yet. He praised Victor Cruz for his 164-yard effort against the Jets on Saturday. "He got loose. Made a couple people bump heads," Manningham said of Cruz's 99-yard touchdown play. "He got real loose right there. I like it. I'm a fan." BAAS ALL GOOD: Center David Baas had no issues after returning to the starting lineup on Saturday. He missed the previous three games with intense headaches and a neck injury before he returned to the starting lineup. The Giants rushed for 115 yards in the game, the third time in their past four games they have at least rushed for 100 yards. "I feel good," Baas said. "I'm glad for that. Going into the game, they wouldn't have put me back out there if we thought anything would have been wrong or if there would have been a risk." The center seemed to indicate he didn't integrate back into the offense as smoothly as he expected early on. "I felt there was a little bit there, I felt like I should have done a little bit more, I don't want to say rust," Baas said. "A couple things I should have done better, in the second half it was a little bit better. There's no excuse. I should be out there going. Some things just worked out better in the second half all-around for everybody. It was a good team victory today." BALLARD DOING ALRIGHT: Injured Giants tight end Jake Ballard said after the game that he is feeling alright. He missed Saturday's game after injuring his PCL and said he is going to have to see how he feels. In his place, tight ends Travis Beckum and Bear Pascoe combined for zero catches in the game. Beckum was targeted once in the game. Morten P: I go to pieces.

of     1