of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

mikeyman10ash
#63558019Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:30 AM GMT

OK, so I was looking through the Limited Items, and I thought 'Hey, maybe ROBLOX should have auctions on Limited/U's.' So then I started thinking up this idea. HOW IT WORKS: Ok, I'm sure that AT LEAST a fraction of us know how auctions work. You call out a number, then all that "Going once, going twice, OH DO I HEAR SEVENTY-FIVE DOLLARS? Seventy-five dollars!" I thought, maybe we should do something similar on ROBLOX. Don't say "WE ALREADY HAVE THIS!". I mean REAL auctions, not just a bunch of people with BC shouting at numbers in someone's place. This would benefit everyone, considering how the trading system will supposedly be BC-only. So here's what happens, but first: NOTE THIS. You can still do private sales. This would just be an add-on to the whole "collectable" thing. FINALLY, I get to my point. It works like this: When you put an item in the auction house, you set a minimum price, and a minimum price increment. For example, you could start with it being 100 robux, but you could make the increment of robux be 10, 20, etc. You can set a max price that bids are closed at and the item goes to the person who hit that number of robux, or you can close bids manually whenever you feel like it. When you close bids, you get the robux, and the highest bidder gets the item. Here's a tip: Don't sell your good limiteds. Get rid of your cheap ones if you don't like them, because even if they were originally cheap, that doesn't mean you can't sell high. And I end with this conclusion. ROBLOX, you know you want spam gone. Using THIS instead of just private sales alone, you can rid some comments of that useless "RAISE" or "LOWER" spam, because the users can just put a price they like on the item, as long as it's higher than the previous one. This ALSO stops some scamming, because the robux is forced to the seller, and the item is forced to the bidder. And here's another tip: Give a reason if you don't support. TL;DR: Make an auction system on ROBLOX where you can bid on Limiteds. This way, "RAISE" spam will decrease, and the members will still be satisfied with their newly-purchased Limited items. There, I made a TL;DR. Happy?
mikeyman10ash
#63558750Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:41 AM GMT

Hey, how about some of you show up and read. C'mon. Why does my thread always lack the input of Varp, VirtualDarks, or anyone else, really?
grantox
#63559495Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:52 AM GMT

Im not one of those two forum logic gurus, but i think that this is a good idea. 100% support.
Ejob
#63561421Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:22 AM GMT

Sort of like how ebay does it correct?
Aleezybaby0
#63561756Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:28 AM GMT

No support. Roblox is a building game, why don't we actually build and stop buying hats? But otherwise, support. Chuck Testa.
jaceyjace
#63561911Tuesday, February 28, 2012 2:30 AM GMT

No one will be able to remove spam. There is too much spam to remove. Apples Apples Apple!
mikeyman10ash
#63574036Tuesday, February 28, 2012 1:23 PM GMT

@jace I said it would decrease small amounts of the raise spam. @Aleezy Dunno, just thought it might work well with the private sales. I honestly have no interest whether or not certain people use this function. Just trying to get better at suggesting.
Recruitsoldier
#63575645Tuesday, February 28, 2012 3:32 PM GMT

@mike I feel very shunned that you didn't mention me when you talked about awesome forumers. :( Just kidding, of course. I believe this isn't such a bad idea, however it must come as a warning to all players that an auction is a bit of gambling and luck, and it's possible to lose a lot of money. For example, if there's a person who wants you to lose money so you're out of the game for the next auctions, he may purposely call out bids so that you will try to raise them, or he'll raise them until there's one person left. Also, simply because it's an auction, a lot of money will be spent on it, so it should definitely come as a warning to players that losing a lot of money on an item is a likely possibility. As long as that gets added, I support. And I support not because of the minimizing of raise spam (whatever this is), but because it's fun and it's a way to ensure a happy customer and seller.
mikeyman10ash
#63576739Tuesday, February 28, 2012 4:29 PM GMT

@Recruit I knew my list was missing someone. T_T And raise spam is just BC+ with a bunch of robux screaming "RAISE THE PRICE" in the comments on limited items.
mikeyman10ash
#63597746Wednesday, February 29, 2012 12:58 AM GMT

Bump. READ NAO!!!!
Recruitsoldier
#63615009Wednesday, February 29, 2012 3:36 PM GMT

@mikey Well, yes, I suppose I've seen that, but in a different form... namely, "LOWER THE PRICES," since the prices are usually absolutely ridiculous, everyone's too afraid of making the price anything less than 20x more than the original price.
mikeyman10ash
#63616119Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:37 PM GMT

Here's what I see, "RAISE YOU MORONS" "LOWER THE PRICE NOOBS" "UGM THIS WAS 10 ROBUX AND NOW IT'S 1000!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "Hey noobs, they buy it high so they can sell it high. Now RAISE!"
fluttershy88
#63616190Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:41 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
mikeyman10ash
#63616330Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:49 PM GMT

@fluttershy Doesn't that first sentence describe most things being implemented? Trading system (BC only, therefore useless to most of ROBLOX) Pets (Just get in your way) New BCs (Telamon says no).
fluttershy88
#63616375Wednesday, February 29, 2012 4:52 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
mikeyman10ash
#63656793Thursday, March 01, 2012 1:38 PM GMT

No it doesn't. You just trade items such as gear and hats. Exactly, not useless to BC. Therefore useless to the 60-70% of the userbase that are NBC, because they can't even ACCEPT a trade request. You NEED BC to send of accept one.
Atken
#63657614Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:34 PM GMT

I agree, ROBLOX is a building game, not a hat game, if it is a hat game, then I quit. :l
court2000
#63657740Thursday, March 01, 2012 2:46 PM GMT

Support. Sure, ROBLOX is a building game, but we also can buy hats to customize our character!
mikeyman10ash
#63751378Saturday, March 03, 2012 3:19 PM GMT

@Atken Hat game... Ikr? I'm starting to feel the same. "Be anything, Build anything" makes it look more like a dress-up game. @court Thanks. Varp, y u no come point out flaws!
Recruitsoldier
#63757392Saturday, March 03, 2012 5:14 PM GMT

@mikey I actually don't feel like this is becoming a hat game. While the Catalog team is certainly making quite a spamload of hats, that doesn't mean all of the rest of the teams, like the developers or administrators, are also making hats, in which case ROBLOX's primary focus would be hats. But they've made a lot of ingame updates, and some quite recently. New Playerlist, gear backpack, Video Camera, terrain generator, stamper tool, ingame reset, etc. Not all of them were good updates, like the ingame reset and stamper tool, but that does at least show that ROBLOX has some interest in games still.
mikeyman10ash
#63758149Saturday, March 03, 2012 5:28 PM GMT

"some" ^^^^^ Keword. Right there. And none of these were really that recent. They came out about 4-6 months ago.
Recruitsoldier
#63804740Sunday, March 04, 2012 7:51 AM GMT

Yes, your point? How recent these updates came out doesn't necessarily make a difference if we're comparing it to if ROBLOX is only focused on making hats. If they were only focused on making hats, only 2 of those updates would of come out, not all 6 of them.
mikeyman10ash
#63818846Sunday, March 04, 2012 4:39 PM GMT

My point is, even though they're in-game, the mods had a huge 2 month delay on at least half of them, so they were obviously doing something else. And if you observe the catalog, during those 2 months after the terrain generator didn't come out, there seemed to be more hats being created faster.
Recruitsoldier
#63820396Sunday, March 04, 2012 5:07 PM GMT

@mikey "huge 2 month delay" They always have delays. 2 months is hardly huge. It's not like they can make big game updates every week. And as I already implied, there are different teams working on different things in ROBLOX. The Catalog team works on the hats. Developers work on the games. Using common sense you'll discover that a hat takes a whole lot shorter amount of time to make than a game update. ROBLOX is also generally slow on all updates except for hats for some reason. And I can also see why they can make those hats so fast. What they probably do is sit at a table for 15 minutes every day and people randomly call out ideas, and then they get to making them all. The newer hats are beginning to look stupid and unoriginal, no doubt because they've already made so many, but also probably because they don't spend so much time on each hat.
mikeyman10ash
#63823538Sunday, March 04, 2012 6:11 PM GMT

See? There's the problem. They have a team dedicated to making hats. It's not good, because if kids find out, they'll quit and assume it's a dress-up game.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right