of     1   

meislolroflpwn
#64420996Friday, March 16, 2012 5:58 PM GMT

~-------Version 2.4 Changelog--------------------------------------------------------------------~ -Added abuse points (Located just above Pros & Cons) -Corrected a few grammatical errors. ~--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------~ PEOPLE WHO HELPED WITH THIS A GREAT DEAL: GUARDIANTEMPEST VARP 00GRAVITY00 MIKEYMAN10ASH TL;DR A comment spam filter that searches for patterns in comments, looking for words that are repeated over and over again, and if 10 different IP addresses’ all post the same thing within ten days, then the comments will be deleted and the posters of the comments will be notified, if the comment is a valid comment, then the comment can be sent to the moderators to be reviewed to be put in a permanent white-list. Also, before posting a comment, you will be notified before it is posted that the "Copy and Paste" comments are fake and if you want to continue with the post. This would also change the comment character limit to 50 characters. Now, the MCSD would systematically take out numbers, letters, and symbols in a comment to see if when they took them out, they would be readable. If the same thing is posted by a player 10 times within 24 Hours, then the comment would be deleted. There is also the option to add the comment to a white list if it is relevant. If the same comment kind of comment is deleted 20 times, that comment will automatically be put on the blacklist. Also gives abuse points Actual post: Over the years I have played ROBLOX I have noticed a lot of comment spam involving a player copying and pasting things to a certain number of items, then doing something fancy, like pressing F7 or something of the sort. Even when builderman says that they are fake, people spam away saying that they ARE fake, making even more spam. What I am suggesting is a comment spam filter that searches for different patterns in a comment, so if a comment that is posted says "Copy and paste this to 10 different hats and you get 1000000000 robux" then, in the next few hours, 10 other people post that, then that post will get deleted due to all the words being exactly the same. Now, as many people have pointed out, someone could easily reword the comment many different ways, adding 0's here and there, taking away letters occasionally, but in the end, all those variations WILL be deleted. Also, when posting a comment, you will be notified that the copy and paste comments are hoaxes and are spam; then it will ask you if you still want to go through with the comment. Now, some of you may be wondering "What about all those relevant comments, won't those get deleted too?" well, as Varp stated earlier, in 1.6, when a post you made gets deleted, you will be notified of it, and if your comment was relevant, the comment will be sent to the moderators for further review, if the comment is passed as relevant, it will be added to a permanent white-list, where comments with that exact wording won't be deleted. Well, as GuardianTempest stated, there might be an issue with actually getting the anti-spam filter to start working, due to the sheer magnitude of the amount of comments being posted and deleted, that's why there could be another machine devoted entirely to filtering comments, cutting down on the possible lag on the website. This will be huge for ROBLOX, freeing up a huge amount of space by deleting a bunch of spam and then allowing more features to be added for everyone because of the new space being freed up! And to help stop the spam, there will be a blacklist! When a comment that is deleted is sent under review for the ROBLOX admins, they will have a choice whether to put it in a white-list, where it can be posted without it getting deleted, or a black-list, where it can't be deleted, when you post a comment that is in the black-list, then you will be notified and the comment will not be posted, the notification will say "Remember, those "Copy and Paste" comments are fake and do not get you any reward!". And to help this black-list do its stuff faster, the comment character limit would be reduced to 50 characters a comment. The problem I am about to state has come up in my mind a few times, and it has taken me a while to think of a way to stop this. The place advertisers; it's the same character, and 00Gravity00's idea was to make it so that if 10 comments from the same character were made, then it would delete those as well. Though, I realized that the character could very, very easily say the same thing 10 different ways. This is why I thought of the MCSD (Mini Comment Spam Destroyer) Version 1.0! This would search for comments that had things such as "Remove the _'s" and it would keep looking for 5 other comments with "Remove the _'s" by the same character. If the comment is deleted, the character has the option to send it to the ROBLOX developers to petition for a white list. Sadly, while I was typing that, another problem came to mind, that the player could just put a filter on the filter-breaker, therefore confusing the MCSD. This is why I suggest that the filter removes all of one, two, three, etc. letters/numbers/symbols systematically from the comment to see if they filtered something. So if someone did this: C~o~me~t~o my~plac~e ~an~d ~y~o~u~ge~t ~100000 ticketz rem~ov~e t~h~e ~'s Then the MCSD would systematically take out the letters/numbers/symbols until it got this: Come to my plac e an d y o u ge t 100000 ticketz rem ov e t h e 's. Now you see that the MCSD has un-filtered the comment and will now delete it, seeing as how the outcome would look nearly exactly like the actual message. Now that we have the entire spam filter over with, there is now the “Abuse points” system to worry about; originally posted by MIKEYMAN10ASH. Basically, it adds a system that gives you “abuse points” for breaking any rules, and when you hit 25 abuse points, you are banned. Spamming will give you a set amount of Abuse Points and if you spam again, then it will give you one more than that, etc., etc. Hopefully, some of you have noticed that, when the filter first starts it's work, lots of things will have not been added to the white-list yet, so people would be getting un-needed abuse points. Well, if you are caught "spamming" when really, it isn't spam at all and the comment is added to the white-list, the appropriate amount of abuse points will be subtracted. Now, let's take a look at the pro's and con's: Pros: Destroys spam Allows relevant comments to still be posted Eventually destroys all attempts to get around the filter Helps ban the people that need to be banned Cons: N/A (at the moment) Also, POST ANY LOOPHOLES THAT YOU FIND! -meislolroflpwn
Quenty
#64421202Friday, March 16, 2012 6:03 PM GMT

There are a ton of anti-spam filters already out there that work great. Even if I don't support this one exactly, I would support other comment filters. Also, charging for comments may help, or it may remove random helpful comments and only result in basic spam.
meislolroflpwn
#64421757Friday, March 16, 2012 6:20 PM GMT

Mkay.
Oompaloompaz
#64423035Friday, March 16, 2012 6:51 PM GMT

lol
meislolroflpwn
#64440949Friday, March 16, 2012 11:29 PM GMT

hi alt
RobloxChamp21
#64441276Friday, March 16, 2012 11:34 PM GMT

There are already lots of anti-spam filters
meislolroflpwn
#64441859Friday, March 16, 2012 11:44 PM GMT

And ROBLOX doesn't use ANY of them.
meislolroflpwn
#64457631Saturday, March 17, 2012 3:23 AM GMT

lol
meislolroflpwn
#64460587Saturday, March 17, 2012 4:09 AM GMT

bump!
mikeyman10ash
#64475336Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:05 PM GMT

Bump of pwnage...
Daniel555552068
#64475358Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:06 PM GMT

I did not read any of that. So no support. ~2068~ <--09er ಠ_ಠ http://www.roblox.com/60-Bux-Donations-item?id=74535456
mikeyman10ash
#64475439Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:08 PM GMT

Well go read it or your comment will be considered a bump and will be ignored.
Daniel555552068
#64475484Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:09 PM GMT

Can't be bothered. Waste of my time. ~2068~ <--09er ಠ_ಠ http://www.roblox.com/60-Bux-Donations-item?id=74535456
mikeyman10ash
#64475555Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:11 PM GMT

DERE ARE DIFFERENT STUFFZ. NAO READ PLXXXXXXXXXXXXX.
meislolroflpwn
#64477978Saturday, March 17, 2012 2:58 PM GMT

Thank you for your bump :D
meislolroflpwn
#64506737Saturday, March 17, 2012 9:47 PM GMT

rage
meislolroflpwn
#64507944Saturday, March 17, 2012 10:04 PM GMT

raig DIE STUPID FLOOOODCHEEEECK
mikeyman10ash
#64513900Saturday, March 17, 2012 11:31 PM GMT

FIST BAWMP!
meislolroflpwn
#64533947Sunday, March 18, 2012 3:56 AM GMT

Nope, the other dude had the first one >:D
leech111
#64536594Sunday, March 18, 2012 4:44 AM GMT

i readed (cant spell it right) it i support
meislolroflpwn
#64598536Monday, March 19, 2012 12:10 AM GMT

It's read.
chicka123
#64598787Monday, March 19, 2012 12:14 AM GMT

CSDPWNMCSD TL;DR edit of the post with the symbol removeing thing has a flaw in it. It won't detect all of them.
meislolroflpwn
#64715571Wednesday, March 21, 2012 3:22 AM GMT

I didn't say it was perfect, but it would remove most.
meislolroflpwn
#64763245Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:13 AM GMT

and you didn't read the part where it said "post any loop holes" Q_Q
Winterpwner
#64764356Thursday, March 22, 2012 3:36 AM GMT

Good idea. However, I think that the 25 Abuse Points limitation should be higher if you haven't committed any serious offences within a time span of say... A year. It should increase, just like how insurance rates decrease if you haven't committed anything serious or done anything dangerous. Or: We can make the points disappear gradually as time passes on, due to the fact that those points would be detrimental to you if you had done some really stupid things in the past, and learned to not do more of those mistakes in the future. There should also be a record of all the misdeeds a person has done that is accessible to all moderators and admins, much like a police record.

of     1