of     5   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Historian231
#70604003Saturday, June 23, 2012 11:49 PM GMT

Welcome to the land of Calradus,ruled by 6 kingdoms,endlessly at war against at least one other. Here you can make a fortune-or lose it-within day's time,be you a mercenary,merchant,blacksmith,or dare I say,bandit. Now,I know this land quite well and I am willing to tell you all you need to know about it. ___________________________________________________________________________ Geography ------------------------------ -to the northwest is a frozen land,and it is mainly Taigas and tundra. -to the southwest is a cold coastal area,infested with dangerous raiders in summer. -running through the west from south to north is a long and tall mountain range. -in the central southern coast,extending all the way to the center of the land is a heavily forested and temperate area. -in the north is a moderately cold land of many steppes,extending into the freezing mountains that separate Calradus from the rest of the world. -to the north east is a large desert caused by a huge rainshadow effect. -to the southeast is a large group of mountain ranges of temperate weather. ___________________________________________________________________________ Nations ------------------------------ The Kingdom of Sapenta inhabits the central south and is ruled by King John of Alens. Its capital is Athenos. The Kingdom of Deneboares inhabits the northwest and is currently coronating a King. Its capital is Galt Mark. The Republic of Medvjed inhabits the southwest and is currently electing a Kralj.Its capital is Moregradus. The Konjet Khanate inhabits the northern steppes and is currently selecting a Khan.Its capital is Konj-zemljista. The Saracet Sultanate inhabits the Great Desert and is currently coronating a Sultan. Its capital is Saracastilo. The Kingdom of Bukeci inhabits the southeast and is currently coronating a king. It's capital is Dageden. ___________________________________________________________________________ Well,friend. You're all set with the whole "land" thing now. Now,time for some information on your part...here's a feather and some ink. (now for some out of character.The "survey" below is your CS) Survey Name: @ge: appearance:(please answer in the first person) occupation:(please answer with a sentence) weapons:(no magic. Please choose old or rusty weapons) inventory:(No magic. Any nonweapon items,including food) particular talents: personality:(please answer in the first person) biography:(Please answer in the first person) noble?:(yes or no,please know that commoners and nobles can both get rich) headed to:(whichever kingdom you wish to start in) ___________________________________________________________________________ Thank you-oh,you want to learn about the the military? Well,most of the armies in this land are constructed of infantry with sword and shield,but some specialize-like the axe beserkers of the Deneboares,or the spear tribesmen of the Bukeci. The ranged weaponry consists mainly of bows and crossbows. However,there are some who wield powerful weapons-matchlock guns. They're really expensive though,and have a much higher chance of exploding in your face than a bow. We all utilize calvalry,some more than others. The Konjets have the best horses. Armor varies from padded to chainmail to scailmail to plate. The Saracets and Konjets use bamboo instead of plate. __________________________________________________________________________ Well,go on. Take this money here and take one of my horses. Ride on to your destiny,kid! (Now,back to out of character. Rules.) ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -You may have up to three characters. -first people to claim it may rule a kingdom with my permission. -Do whatever! It's life in the middle ages-no magic though. Be sure to eat every once in a while! -I do mean do whatever,but if you choose to do some of the more "bad guy" style things,the gamemaster will employ law enforcement to hunt you. -the gamemaster controls some events to keep the RP going,such as "nonplayer" actions (such as the cops) -that's it. If you read all of this,post "for Calradus" at the bottom of your CS. Good luck in Calradus,friend.
Pieperson2222
#70604564Saturday, June 23, 2012 11:56 PM GMT

((Can I be Sult the Sultan of Sultanate? How about Khan the Khan of Khanate? By the way, please still hang in the RIding Potetial thing? Welding bits of metal gets very lonely.))
Historian231
#70605288Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:06 AM GMT

(I will stay in rising potential,but I need to watch for CS's for today. I will now give you military notes- the khanate has an asian look and specializes in mounted archery. The Sultanate has an arabian look and specializes in one handed infantry) Name:King John @ge:23 appearance:I am 6'0 tall with chestnut brown hair. In battle I wear chainmail with a surcoat bearing my coat of arms. Out of battle I wear a rather comfortable robe over a rather comfortable shirt. occupation:I am the bloody king of Sapenta! weapons:A family heirloom shortsword with a kite shield bearing my coat of arms. I also sometimes bring a crossbow. inventory:Bread,cheese,ale,water,my royal seal and stamp and my horse. particular talents:I consider myself quite an expert swordsman. personality:I suppose i'm a bit short tempered,but I also consider myself quite intelligent. Maybe i'm just arrogant. No,nay. biography:I was born into the royal family on my mother's side in the village of Alans. I grew up,however,in Athenos where I inherited the castle in the center. My father taught me the arts of war and my mother taught me politics. noble?:Of course I am,i'm the king! headed to:I'm the king of Sapenta,and so I obviously live in Sapenta...when i'm not obliterating enemy warriors.
Pieperson2222
#70605541Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:10 AM GMT

((So, does that mean I can be Khan the Khan of Khanate?))
Historian231
#70605709Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:13 AM GMT

(Yes. Yes you can.)
Pieperson2222
#70606862Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:30 AM GMT

Name: Khan the Khan of the Konjet Khanate (His Khanleness demands you say that five times fast) @ge: 27 Appearance: I am a ruggedly handsom Khanate, with hair as black as night, and a very nice tan. Across my left cheek is a scar given to me in a duel to the pain, and the scar was very painful. Occupation: I am Khan the Khan of Khanate. Weapons: I have a wakazachi and a longbow Inventory: Whatever resources the Konjet Khanate has available to it, I suppose. Particular talents: I was trained in swordplay and archery from a young age, being of a warrior sect. Personality: I am strong willed, charming, and overwealmingly modest. Biography: I, Khan the Khan of Khanate, have been a warrior all my life. Recently, through whatever diplomatic process goes on in the Konjet Khanate, I have modestly been selected the Khan, so bow before me! Mwa ha ha ha! Ha ha ha ha ha! Put that in my biography, serf! Mwa ha ha ha ha! Noble?: Very Headed to: Would I not be in Konj-Zemljista?
Historian231
#70607494Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:39 AM GMT

(Your CS made me lol. I did eventually say your name successfully. Accepted,Khan Khan. That's you're kingly name. Khan Khan. Do you have anyone who you could invite? If so,please do. We'll need at least one non-kingly character to start the RP)
Pieperson2222
#70607818Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:43 AM GMT

((I can't think of any.))
Historian231
#70608399Sunday, June 24, 2012 12:51 AM GMT

(Well,I'll have to continue this tomorrow. I gtg in ten minutes. We might as well start) King John I awake and come to the realization that I fell asleep during a feast-I find my hand in a wine goblet and my face in my soup. I rise as the guests laugh at me,wipe my face,and draw my sword in an angry fashion. The crowd gasps as I lift my sword...and chop a leg off of the turkey in the center of the table! I sit back down and continue the feast,glad that everyone finally shut up.
plasticarmymen4201
#70610441Sunday, June 24, 2012 1:21 AM GMT

Survey Name:Sir Henry Fredrickson @ge:34 appearance:(please answer in the first person)I am 6'6. I have brown hair green eyes and am a caucasian. I wear my chain mail armor most of the time with my mercenary logo (red and black squares with white lion in the middle) occupation:(please answer with a sentence)I am mercenary working for the Blood Lions I am in charge of a swordsmen company. weapons:(no magic. Please choose old or rusty weapons)my family's old sword it has slain many enemies inventory:(No magic. Any nonweapon items,including food)stuff particular talents:CQB,l CQC, strength, and endurance personality:(please answer in the first person)I am a serious young man that tries his hardest at everything. biography:(Please answer in the first person)I moved to this land wanting to get away from my past as it causes me trouble. I don't like talking about my past and wont even if I trust you. noble?:(yes or no,please know that commoners and nobles can both get rich)Yes headed to:(whichever kingdom you wish to start in)Kingdom of Sapenta
Historian231
#70610941Sunday, June 24, 2012 1:29 AM GMT

(Very well,my mercenary knight. Accepted.)
plasticarmymen4201
#70611255Sunday, June 24, 2012 1:33 AM GMT

(i gotta earn a better sword) Sir Henry I arrive late to the feast having been invited by a duke and being a noble. "Sorry I am late," I say.
TommySalter
#70611386Sunday, June 24, 2012 1:35 AM GMT

I'd join, except for I'm not really that good of an RPer.. Its a pretty RP though..
TommySalter
#70611436Sunday, June 24, 2012 1:36 AM GMT

*pretty good
Historian231
#70612166Sunday, June 24, 2012 1:48 AM GMT

(Join anyway!) I am surprised to see one of my guests come in late. "Sir Henry,what took you so bloody long?" I say as I dig my teeth into a roll,eying him suspiciously.
TommySalter
#70612573Sunday, June 24, 2012 1:54 AM GMT

(Alright. Mine isn't exactly great but...) Name: Ryan @ge: 17 appearance: I am 5'6, extraordinarily tall for my age. I wear a green mottled cloak, with matching pants. It cloaks me in the wilderness quite well. I have blue eyes, and rough unkempt hair, which is brown. occupation:I am an Apprentice Ranger weapons:Recurve Bow, Rusty Saxe Knife, Broken Throwing Knife inventory:Bronze Oakleaf, Map, Apple or two, Deck of Cards particular talents: Archery, Stealth, tracking personality: Funny, and a tint cocky biography: I am Ryan. I don't know my last name. The note on the basket I came from never said. It only said: His mother died in childbirth, and his father a hero. I lived in a ward for most of my life. I just became apprenticed this year. That's basically it to my life. noble?:Unknown headed to: Kingdom of Sapenta for Calardus
plasticarmymen4201
#70614614Sunday, June 24, 2012 2:27 AM GMT

Sir Henry "I was set upon by bandits on my way here. I had to teach a good lesson," I say with a smile. I take my seat and see my plate is filled up with my favorites. I begin eating them hearing the others chatter.
Historian231
#70641396Sunday, June 24, 2012 1:57 PM GMT

(I'm back. Sorry for keeping you guys waiting so long. Shall we continue? Yes,yes we shall) I rise from my seat again,and the chatter stops. I give them all a glare,and under my beard it is easy to see that I am frowning,frowning a small and weary frown,like I just snapped and that I'm about to kill someone. No,not at all. Maybe it's just drunkeness or hubris talking? Well,it's too late. "We have been at war with the Kingdom of the Deneboares for many years,but that was all just declaration. Not a single city has changed sides in the past ten years-this war is simply a waste of our economy. I renounce Duke Cathmando as marshal,and declare myself in his place! I demand a campaign,a successful one,I demand victory!" I shout,slamming my wine glass on my table,wiping my mouth and raising my mutton leg high like a sword. Cathmando awkwardly stops gnawing on a roll,keeping it up to his mouth and eying me in a bewildered fashion. "Ladies of the court,head back to thy keeps! Men of the court....gather your armies,we're going to war!" I shout. I walk out of the keep,leaving plenty of gasps. I mount my horse,Hermes,and ride about,shouting for all troops to assemble.
Pieperson2222
#70641654Sunday, June 24, 2012 2:03 PM GMT

"KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN!" The shouts of prisoners filled the air, and I laughed maniacly. They were merely foolish men who tried to oppose the wrath of Khan the Khan of the Konjet Khanate. To the music of my tyranny, I plotted ways to take over the world. ((Do I have a palace, or like, warcamp, or what?))
plasticarmymen4201
#70645650Sunday, June 24, 2012 3:23 PM GMT

Sir Henry I rushed out after the king. "My Lord this is a bit rash should you say. If we use all of our armies to this final attack and don't succeed we are going to have no defenses," I say.
Historian231
#70658341Sunday, June 24, 2012 6:21 PM GMT

I stare at him in a "you-don't-know-anything" fashion,and quickly respond. "They have no idea what we're doing,like I said-there haven't been many major battles. Most of their men are garrisoned in the border cities. There is a pathway that is completely unguarded leading straight to the weakest border city. Our plan is simply to keep them spread too thin." I spur Hermes and we ride out to the barracks.
plasticarmymen4201
#70680576Sunday, June 24, 2012 11:48 PM GMT

Sir Henry I got up my Mercenaries and we marched along in formation behind the 1st cavalry.
Historian231
#70684618Monday, June 25, 2012 12:36 AM GMT

(Yes Khan,you have a palace) I order my men to march to one of our cities,in particular the one nearest to the passage. I myself head to the town market after dark to pick up a cavalry spear I ordered. When I arrive at the weapon-master's,I notice that no one's at the stall,which is definitely unusual. I hear a very small about of movement,and I think I see the glimmer of a metal weapon in one of the alleys. This smells like a trap. I draw my sword carefully and quietly,listening. I hear a whistle. Ducking quickly,I arise to find an arrow where my head was...ugh. Hitmen. Just about the 50th time. I raise my shield,blocking arrows left and right. A sword slides from it's scabbard and I become aware that I can't run from this. Well,let's get this over with. Maybe I can avoid killing them...too violently.
plasticarmymen4201
#70727338Monday, June 25, 2012 4:13 PM GMT

Sir Henry The mercenaries arrive a few minutes after the attack starts. We charge into battle and I veer off to help the king. I see a swordsmen charge me. I block swiftly and come down on his leg. While he is on his knees I slice his neck. He falls down dead.
GenFears
#70727688Monday, June 25, 2012 4:19 PM GMT

(I have a question: Is this based on Mount and Blade: Warband?)

of     5   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right