of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

XlegoX
#706861Friday, April 04, 2008 7:23 PM GMT

I will be releasing the NXT RPG in about a couple week's time, and I'm putting this thread up for suggestions of innovative ideas, that have not been used yet in other roblox RPGs Here is the adress of the teaser map I put together for the RPG, showing the inventory system, and Dual-weilding that will be used in it's combat system.... http://www.roblox.com/Place.aspx?ID=361779 Suggest anything that you think would be good for a Medevil RPG, as, nothing its out of the question with me working on it. After all, I allready cracked dual-weidling, and made the first inventory system in roblox for it =P there is much more to come in the teaser map, so keep the suggestions comming!
Synthesis29
#706985Friday, April 04, 2008 7:48 PM GMT

A speaking model, Like it changes the name instead of Messages or Hints.
bigronnie3
#707029Friday, April 04, 2008 7:53 PM GMT

i have a good idea..... xp / level up-ing?? or mabey like runescape armour different types like bronze iron steel silver gold platinum diamond? and a shop system :D
Audio_Boost
#707105Friday, April 04, 2008 8:04 PM GMT

You get a house at the beginning, and you get additions to it for killing NPCs. Store-For buying and selling weapons You can buy a mine from the store, then mine for gold and stuff then sell them Pets :P NPCs drop cash You don't take damage while accesing inventory NPCs drop weapons and stuff Potions that heal you Quests-Gives you different rewards based on how hard it is I have more..... >_>
Hardwarepat
#707140Friday, April 04, 2008 8:09 PM GMT

This is my idea for Future Robloxian weapons! Administrators should make a HitOnTouch script, like a sword script and then you can insert it into a gun. Then, make ammo for the gun. Next, make it so when you run out of ammo, you can run up to people and hit them with your gun! Like Call Of Duty 4!
Audio_Boost
#707153Friday, April 04, 2008 8:11 PM GMT

Weapon idea: Bow and Arrow, you need to buy arrows for it to work.
rangerGX9
#707172Friday, April 04, 2008 8:14 PM GMT

Thats a idea cybersord
rangerGX9
#707180Friday, April 04, 2008 8:15 PM GMT

how about Really expensive admins shirt! so noobs dont get it!
harhan
#708233Friday, April 04, 2008 10:23 PM GMT

Maces, hammers, a beginers training arena with wooden swords and shields and beginer monsters like big rats and stuff, if you want i can make an acc and put the stuff on there for you and you get all credit.
Audio_Boost
#708474Friday, April 04, 2008 11:06 PM GMT

A PVP arena where you can battle other people and wager cash.
XlegoX
#710454Saturday, April 05, 2008 3:44 AM GMT

Update -- I will be making several different maps, for different levels of player, since I have my load/save system =P
mbpikamon
#710539Saturday, April 05, 2008 4:00 AM GMT

Wouldn't it be better to try and make it private? Otherwise someone could just hear the code and type it in themselves. XD
zege77
#710899Saturday, April 05, 2008 5:54 AM GMT

These NXT weapons are realy neat...Are you planning to publish them sometime?(This is not a order, If no then no, If later then later.)
akhenderson
#711571Saturday, April 05, 2008 12:17 PM GMT

since there will be many different NPCs in that game, there are at least gonna be some undead like zombie, ghost and the skeleton, or any other monster that is considered undead like an undead cow we will say. Make the undead have a weakness to a specific kind of damage like fire or godly damage. (holy) Make then have a weakness to a specific weapon like telamon's firebrand or something. I would like to see this RPG and will love to play it sometime :D. Thisis going to be like Final Fantasy but ROBLOX version! Mabye you could have a weapon that makes the enemy smaller or change into a different object like a shard that changes their appearance and limit them to what they could do. Ideas in order in case you dont want to read~ 1. Weakness-undead being weak to holy 2. Status Ailments-Makes people have a status like poison or minified 3. Status Inflicting Spells-Spells that inflict status ailments (like in Final Fantasy by using the spell Mini will turn your enemy...well...mini.) 4. Armor you can ascess for lower damage inflicted on you. 5. Armor that nullifies status ailments-armor that stops ailments like poison 6. Healing Potions-heals status ailments as well as healing some HP. ~new weapons i would like to see~ 1. Mace-fairly powered, fairly slow 2. scimitar-fair speed, fair attack 3. spear-you cannot swing this but you can pierce enemies with this thing (you could make it swingable) 4. Magic staff-mabye you could make a staff with the nxt gen weapon thingy you have. make the staff increase magic damage or something. 5. gloves-allows for the punch ability and also you could add different gloves for various damages like fire, thunder, ice, water or status ailment. 6. Crossbow-you might think my idea isnt great but heres my idea for the crossbow. Have bolts so you dont have unlimited of them. add in arrows that have different elemental damage to them. Make the weapons used only for NPC damage not roblox damage. otherwise people would spawn kill and be unfair to the newer players that come along.
XlegoX
#712607Saturday, April 05, 2008 3:44 PM GMT

thanks for the huge, well though out response akhenderson =P
harhan
#712932Saturday, April 05, 2008 4:28 PM GMT

how about other things like construction, you buy a hammer from a shop for five currency and some nails and you should add another kind of inventory, one for Misc. items like nails and hammers and food ect.
Audio_Boost
#712943Saturday, April 05, 2008 4:29 PM GMT

XLegoX, can you release what you have done now? I'm really looking forward to it. '.' Heres some more ideas: Two handed sword Throw-able knife Ability to pick a certain class that you want, like Swordsman or Wizard Outfit that goes with your class
harhan
#713091Saturday, April 05, 2008 4:50 PM GMT

cyber sword to see whats done sofar go to Thelegomaster that xlegox1s alt acc hes doing it on
Audio_Boost
#713148Saturday, April 05, 2008 4:57 PM GMT

Harhan, thats not what he has done with the RPG, thats just a preview. I ment release what he already has done with the RPG. '.'
Ehwhat
#713247Saturday, April 05, 2008 5:07 PM GMT

The Book of Spells. Click on one of the spells then click on a target and it will fire at it!
Dillonu
#713351Saturday, April 05, 2008 5:25 PM GMT

Make different health values for different levels like: (I know this isnt new but not many RPGs around here have this) M = 10 * L or M = 100 + (10 * L) M = Max Health L = Level Also make it that when you have inventory that when you are selecting stuff (i think that was you who made it) that you teleport to your inventory so noone can kill you while you are doing stuff. Also make that you get different ways of getting money. Like make it you can cut trees that drop wood not give you money right away! I made an example like this and isnt hard just make it that it drops a block that stays there for a min (to reduce many blocks so there is very little lag) Then you get the wood in you inventory and you can sell it to a general store. Finally make alot of of different monsters like: (Definatly not new) Vampires Zombies Animals (That can be used as a different source like taming it) Bandits Ect. Make ones that noone has done yet like blobs whatever :) For weapons make many difefrent ones and maybe upgradable to a sertian level? Like a Iron Sword could be upgraded about 2 times. P.S. Nice save and load system. Though I thought it was something else at first (not going to say what yours is but I know how you did it). Please add that because no other RPG has that :)
akhenderson
#714449Saturday, April 05, 2008 7:41 PM GMT

more ideas i would like to see~(yep,more ideas) 1. Taming is a rather unique idea. mabye have your tamed pet attack the enemy also but only has a limited time to be out. like lets say the you capture a bee and then you use it. it can only be used for 1 minute and then dissappears. 2. Boosts-power-ups that raise your strength by +10 or something and only have it for a limited time. prefably you could use magic or an item to power yourself up or something. Good for when you want to fight a powerful enemy and so you can be prepared. 3. Ammo-prefably used for bow and arrows, crossbow, throwing knives or any other throwing item for instance. Who heard of a bow that fires unlimited projectiles? 4. no explosives-please no explosives, they kill on one hit and isnt fair against really powerful bosses like a dragon. (the dragon can use fire breath but thatsa different story since it kills anyone who is foolish enough to kill it.) 5. necromancy-a skill i would love to see in game! But make it so the summoned creatures are undead and can only be used in a combat arena of some sort. ~Admin ideas if you add admins in game~ 1. Admin only guild-a guild where only admin can acsess for training by themselves and not get others to steal your monster. 2. Admin only weaponry-make some powerful weapons you can buy but are really expensive like being 100,000 gold for the ultimate sword. you wouldnt want admin being all mighty and powerful from the start do ya? 3. start out with x2 more cash-title says it all ~new monsters you could add~ -Undeads-Weak to Fire and Holy. resistant to everything else. 1. Living Flesh-many HP but has low attack power only to those with a high level 2. Revenant Ghost-the most powerful ghost dealing masive damage to the unprepared. Different types include imp, goblin and dragon. but all have a weakness to fire and holy. 3. Skeleton Mage-an undead magician thats pretty powerful but newer people who are prepared can take them on. -Mystical Creature-Weak to Fire or the MythSlayer sword. strong attacks 1. Cerberus-a strong 3 headed dog thing capable of destroying lower levels. 2. Elemental Hound(fire, lightning, ice)-depending on which element it is it will have a different weakness. fire hound is weak to water, lightning hound is weak to lightning because the hound can take up too much electical power and can cause a discharge, and ice is weak to fire. 3. Spiritual Animal-weak to holy and fire and newer people can take them on. -Giants-Weak to the status mini and are weak to ice. High HP 1. Hillgiant-big and tough but new people can take them on if they are ready 2. Watergiant-weak to lightning. powerful because it can go through anything. 3. Firegiant-weak to water. has the strongest attack out of all the giants. 4. Icegiant-weak to fire. has the most hitpoints out of all giants. 5. Sparkgiant-weak to lightning. has the faster speed out of any giant. i feel like writing more but i think thats enough for now.
akhenderson
#715102Saturday, April 05, 2008 8:56 PM GMT

~More Races~ -MiniMen-No weakness but has really low HP. Resistant to Mini (already mini :P) 1. MiniMage-tiny mage with annoying status ailments. prefably the most annoying since they attack with ailments like crazy. 2. MiniSoldier-tiny soldier with either a sword, ax or spear. prefably you would want to kill them with magic since their attacks are pretty strong. 3. Miniranger-tiny archer that uses rapid fire ranging which can get annoying after a while but they are the weakest. -Dwarf-No weakness. low HP, low power yet pretty rich...should be the first thing the newbies should look for. but there arent many dwaves left. 1. DwarvenMiner-easy to kill, but not the richest of dwarves. 2. Dwarf Guard-stronger then most dwarves but can easily killed with poison damage. They are not well paid so dont expect some good money drops. 3. Elite Dwarf Guard-strongest of all dwarves and are well paid. you should kill these only when you are strong enough to kill one yourself. 4. Ensilenced Dwarven Miner-richest of all dwarves but above all has the most HP so they are reletivly harder to kill. just to say they will run. thewy have no attack but will run alot and pretty quick too. -Bosses-some weak to elemental attacks but cannot have status ailments. Tough to kill, hard to find and above all, annoying. 1. Moin the Miner-The famous dwarf! he has made the dwarves rich and famous to kill! he is a the richest but he will be the hardest to find. he has also learned to defend himself easily so dont expect an easy win. 2. Iron Giant-The Giant hits hard, has the most HP but very slow, he is huge! he will squish you so maging or ranging him from a distance is a good idea. but his range defence and mage defence is relativly high so melee is also a good idea. it is weak to fire damage though so fire is good against it. 3. Minimaster-ranges,melees and mages. status ailment attacks are annoying. he is really small so he is relativly hard to hit with a sword. 4. Kaliran the Hated-the master of the undead and the founder of necromancy. He is weak to nothing because his barrier blocks holy and fire damage from hitting high then it should be. He has really high HP and tough to beat because his magic will easily kill you in one hit. 5. Kaliran's HellHound-He is loyal to Kaliran and will defend him in anyway he can. he is fast and can catch up to you easily and he damages really high but his HP isnt really that high. fornow again this is my idea for the RPG
Robloxiankid10
#715604Saturday, April 05, 2008 9:56 PM GMT

im geting involved with this my place is now dectated to makeing stuff to give to him for this thing right now ive got 3 new swords for you to add to it a gold sword a dragon sword and a admantuim sword
Suparider695
#715740Saturday, April 05, 2008 10:13 PM GMT

What about this, NO ADMINS, they unbalance the game and just dont make it fun anymore, and with the noob places getting popular, i doubt no noobs will get it

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right