of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Romoism
#71004006Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:19 PM GMT

I think we just find ways to create controversies. Below are examples for each team as to what people would say if that team got the 1st pick: BOSTON CELTICS: They got the 1st pick so that they can pick Austin Rivers, Doc River's son BROOKLYN NETS: The Nets only have the 1st pick because they relocated NEW YORK KNICKS: The NBA wants to add another good playa to the Knicks so that Kardashian can give him the rookie treatment. How does this help the NBA? I don't know. PHILADELPHIA 76ERS: So that Philadelphia knows that it has an NBA team. TORONTO RAPTORS: The NBA wants higher ratings in Canada GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS: Sadly, no one would complain about this actually. Why? Because everyone knows that they would either A) completely screw up the pick, B) trade it away, or C) pick a good player and then trade him for a 1st round pick. Sorry Warriors fans, you can never win. It is like an unwritten rule, and when that rule is broken (2007) there are punishments (2008-Present). LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS: Now that there are rumours that Odom could be going here, whoever they would pick with that number 1 pick would become a regular on that terrible show called Khloe & Lamar. I am just going to come out with it, David Stern doesn't own the NBA, the Kardashians do. LOS ANGELES LAKERS: When the Lakers get a good player, they become contenders When they become contenders, they win titles When they win titles, we get mad When we get mad, we go to Vancouver (you know what is coming) When we go to Vancouver, we riot [insert DirectTV part here] PHEONIX SUNS: The NBA wants Nash to stay in Pheonix. SACRAMENTO KINGS: [see the Golden State Warriors except worse] CHICAGO BULLS: The NBA wants to add onto an already huge Chicago market. CLEVELAND CAVALIERS: Because once Kyrie Irving realises that Cleveland really does suck, he will leave, and it will be on a 1 hour nationally televised event called I Am Sorry Cleveland, It Is A Right of Passage. DETROIT PISTONS: Detroit watches everything, even bowling. Imagine the ratings the NBA would get if the Pistons had the #1 pick INDIANA PACERS: So that Indiana can say they had the #1 picks in the NFL and NBA drafts. MILWAUKEE BUCKS: Wisconsin teams have been good as of late, yes, even the Brewers (they went to the NLCS last season), but it seems as if the Bucks were left at the bus stop. A #1 pick would help them catchup. DALLAS MAVERICKS: Because Mark Cuban would blame the refs if they didn't get the #1 pick. HOUSTON ROCKETS: So that they can trade it along with all their other first round picks to Orlando for Dwight Howard, even though he would then leave them in free agency. MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES: Memphis is a really small market. They aren't going to sign any free-agents. Having the #1 pick would help them get farther in the playoffs, which would increase ratings for the NBA. NEW ORLEANS HORNETS: Tom Benson owns the Hornets, so if they didn't get the 1st pick, the Hornets would conduct their own bounty program. Tom Benson will use the 1st pick not to pick Anthony Davis, but to pick his unibrow. Why? So that opposing teams would have something to actually fear. SAN ANTONIO SPURS: So that they can have a player who isn't above the age of 30. ATLANTA HAWKS: So that Atlanta could get into the playoffs. CHARLOTTE BOBCATS: David Stern sucked up to Air Jordan. MIAMI HEAT: David Stern would rig the lottery for the Heat so that he could 1) See ESPN make a channel called ESPNHEAT that talks about the Heat and the Heat only? LeBron James and the #1 pick breathed? REPORT REPORT REPORT DISCUSS DISCUSS DISCUSS, 2) so that the Heat throw another huge party to introduce their pick, because he wasn't invited to the 1st one, and 3) so the rookie announces the pick on a 1 hour televised event called I Am Doing This To Troll Cleveland. ORLANDO MAGIC: Honestly, David Stern spares us all because if the Magic did get the #1 pick their selection would give us all a headache over whether or not he'll sign, and it would last the whole season. WASHINGTON WIZARDS: Because David Stern loves 'murica and its capitol. DENVER NUGGETS: Because David Stern can't remember the last time the Nuggets had a star. Yeah, it would be Carmelo Anthony all over again. MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES: So that the Timberwolves would spend it on someone from Europe who could pair up with Rubio and as soon as both of them become free-agents they would go to Dallas to form a trio with Dirk dubbed Europeans Can Ball. OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER: Because David Stern wants the Thunder to draft someone then look the other way as the Thunder relocate to Branson, Missouri and become the Branson We Will Screw All Small Towns Over Once We Get A #1 Pick. Their logo would be a middle finger. PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS: Because David Stern wants Portland to become the next Seattle. UTAH JAZZ-Because the NBA wants another Deron Williams
123yonnd
Top 100 Poster
#71004645Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:28 PM GMT

Lol somebody is still butthurt from 2007.
Romoism
#71004685Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:28 PM GMT

@donny You don't say?
distaster432
#71004704Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:29 PM GMT

LOL
Romoism
#71005119Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:33 PM GMT

but you gotta admit donny, that is an accurate description of what the Warriors do.
123yonnd
Top 100 Poster
#71005295Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:36 PM GMT

False. We traded Vince Carter and cash for Antawn Jamison. Not a 1st rounder.
Romoism
#71005466Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:38 PM GMT

@donny oh then it is 2/3 accurate.
Romoism
#71007262Thursday, June 28, 2012 9:59 PM GMT

bumps
Romoism
#71007866Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:07 PM GMT

bumps2
Romoism
#71008788Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:18 PM GMT

bumps3
domain101
#71009021Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:21 PM GMT

I love the lakers part.
TForcier
#71009656Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:30 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
MuffinBuilds
#71009728Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:31 PM GMT

howso scar?
TForcier
#71009864Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:33 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
MuffinBuilds
#71010014Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:35 PM GMT

Scar, you made a huge mistake while reading the post: You took it seriously
california101
#71010135Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:37 PM GMT

Lol at OKC Thunder
TForcier
#71010333Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:39 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Romoism
#71011095Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:51 PM GMT

@Scar 1. because I like feedback. No one was giving me any, so i bumped it. 2. That is your opinion, that doesn't mean it is a fact. 3. *Texas education or *education the equivilent of a Texan >calls my education terrible >says since we are both american, we have no room to critisise each other's education Nice hypocrisy.
Romoism
#71011582Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:57 PM GMT

bump lololol ollolo lolo lolo lololol
DeshaunRayban
#71011725Thursday, June 28, 2012 10:59 PM GMT

BOSTON CELTICS: (wasnt eligble for lottery and would highly doubt that) BROOKLYN NETS: (thats not a good enough story and they traded there pick) NEW YORK KNICKS: (not eligble for lottery and not a good story) PHILADELPHIA 76ERS: (wtf that makes no sesne and they werent eligble for the lottery) TORONTO RAPTORS: (lame story and borring to be honest Toronto getting it wouldnt be all that bad) GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS: (um ok idk how to respong to that) LOS ANGELES CLIPPERS: (Lamar doesnt even want to go LAC and secondly lame story and third not eligble for lottery pick) I am just going to come out with it, David Stern doesn't own the NBA, the Kardashians do.(wth this doesnt even make sesne) LOS ANGELES LAKERS: (not eligble for lottery and wouldnt be able to afford the player for cap in the first place) PHEONIX SUNS: The NBA wants Nash to stay in Pheonix. (lame story and i dobut it would cahnge his mind cuase they are still rebuilding) SACRAMENTO KINGS:(Sac getting the pick wouldnt be that bad they need it more then the Hornets proably) CHICAGO BULLS: (why add to a huge market how would a #1 pick fit on a already loaded starting line up and sceondly they didnt have a lottery pick) CLEVELAND CAVALIERS: (agian not a news worthy story and no one would really complain) DETROIT PISTONS: (not news worthy and detroit needs some star power anyways) INDIANA PACERS: (that really wouldnt be much of a story that be one of those espen footnotes also they didnt have a lottery pick) MILWAUKEE BUCKS: (The #1 Pick would just mean bogut is or some big man is getting traded and not news worthy story at all ) DALLAS MAVERICKS: (mark is not that stupid they didnt even have a lottery pick, and refs have nothing to do with the lottery its a machine with ping pong balls) HOUSTON ROCKETS: (rockets getting the number 1 I'd doubt they try to trade for D-how yea there are rumors but that wouldnt be as much of a deal as nba "rigging" the lottery) MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES: (they couldnt afford a #1 in the long run and didnt have a lottery pick anyways) NEW ORLEANS HORNETS: (thats the dumbest one ive heard yet... New orleans has such a small market Basketball wise and wasted there money on emeka i could say there a more fiscally irossponible team then then the bobcats) SAN ANTONIO SPURS: (they do have players under 30... Dajuan blair, besides they didnt get a lottery) ATLANTA HAWKS: (Atlanta gets int he Play offs every once and a while and if i remeber they where in this years play offs and they didndt have a lottery pick) CHARLOTTE BOBCATS: David Stern sucked up to Air Jordan. MIAMI HEAT: (First off this could never happen unless heat where dumb enough to trade one of the big 3 for a#1 and that would never happen cuase they still gotta pay the contract. also THIS WOULD NEVER HAPPEN and they didnt have a lottery pick ORLANDO MAGIC:(david stern doesnt control the lottery a machine does) WASHINGTON WIZARDS:(David stern doesnt control lottery the lottery is deicded upon how bad you do in the regular season and wash could use a high pick anyways) DENVER NUGGETS: (Again David doesnt control the lottery they didnt have a lottery anyways) MINNESOTA TIMBERWOLVES: (There are barely any european players in this draft this season muffin wtf are you talking about) OKLAHOMA CITY THUNDER: (this would never happen david doesnt control the draft OKC didnt have a lotttery pick and also they couldnt afford it in the long run) PORTLAND TRAILBLAZERS: (David stern wants all NBA stadiums to look like New Yankee stadium giving them first round would do nothing but keep them in portland) UTAH JAZZ-(Who says they would take a another "deron williams" and again they made the playoffs they dont have a lottery pick)
Romoism
#71011783Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:00 PM GMT

@cdawg you took it seriously.
DeshaunRayban
#71011994Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:03 PM GMT

ethier way it was still dumb and it wasnt funny if thats what you where going for
Romoism
#71012203Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:06 PM GMT

@cdawg ok, that is ur opinion. and i respect it. <3
fruz
#71012336Thursday, June 28, 2012 11:07 PM GMT

NO, DON'T TAKE PORTLAND AWAY. :(
MuffinBuilds
#71781502Saturday, July 07, 2012 10:01 PM GMT

bump

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right