of     1   

salem9
#74002102Monday, July 30, 2012 4:28 AM GMT

> *A gold sink is an economic process by which a video game's ingame currency ('gold'), or any item that can be valued against it, is removed. Most commonly the genres are role-playing game or massively multiplayer online game. The term is comparable to timesink, but usually used in reference to game design and balance, commonly to reduce inflation when commodities and wealth are continually fed to players through sources such as quests, looting monsters, or minigames.* *-Wikipedia entry for Gold Sink* As I'm sure most of you know, the prices for limiteds being resold or just items in general has increased drastically over the past several months. The removal of sellers who had BC and then lost it and the release of the TS, which prompted people who wanted to use it to remove their items from sale so they didn't accidentally sell them, has caused this increase. Another cause of the increase are things like the BC Loyalty program, which increases the amount of ROBUX you recieve the more consecutive days you have BC, and more tickets from BC only places have increased the amount of currency in circulation, decreasing their value and driving up prices. I propose a solution to this problem: **a money sink**. As stated in the above quote, a money sink is an process by which currency is removed from the game to reduce or outright prevent inflation. There are money sinks in the game: all non-limited items that are bought remove currency from the game, as do the marketplace fees placed on items sold by players. Gear that expires also removes currency, and can do this repeatedly. However, this is visibly not enough, as in the past 2 years prices have steadily increased on various items. I do not have a proposed money sink, but I think this would help solve the inflation issue. If you have any questions, comments, or constructive criticism, please post them.
Snoopy549
#74002491Monday, July 30, 2012 4:32 AM GMT

... I've read the whole post. You've confused me. -SNOOPY, THE FLYING ACE-
salem9
#74024144Monday, July 30, 2012 1:04 PM GMT

Bump.
Crazc
#74024672Monday, July 30, 2012 1:17 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
coldblood2342
#74024869Monday, July 30, 2012 1:21 PM GMT

i understand completely. Roblox is attempting to do this without doing anything to drastic, hence the 30% market fee. sadly, the only 100% sure fire way of doing this is resetting the currency system throughout roblox, and we all know that there would be nothing but "MAH MONEYS IZ G0N3!!!!!!" for months. i guess another money sink would be charging robux for more actions. now that that's out there, everyone throw in your 2 (or 3) sense.
coldblood2342
#74025025Monday, July 30, 2012 1:24 PM GMT

and for people who don't understand, he's suggesting that roblox remove money from circulation, therefore decreasing inflation, and hes asking you guys for recommendations on how.
Riku567
#74025763Monday, July 30, 2012 1:40 PM GMT

Well. The reason gear being sold costs so much is that there is a very large chunk of money that is used to actually "pay" for selling the gear. This makes it near impossible to make a decent profit without adding a couple of extra numbers on the end. The TC could probabaly benifit from just decreasing the robux/tickets ration from 1/10 to 1/5. The money sink seems like a good idea, but people will get really mad that their money is getting stolen, with how much robux is worth and how little tickets are worth. I feel like increasing the value of the ticket would assist the economy to a great amount. "Duel weilding cerulean vengeance and faux firebrand, anyone?"
salem9
#74026037Monday, July 30, 2012 1:45 PM GMT

But increasing the value of the ticket would be an artificial increase, since the economy is player driven. I understand that the original prices of limiteds are higher than they used to be, and that's why items are being resold for much higher. I don't propose that certain actions cost more robux or start to cost robux. I think ROBLOX should add a feature or two that costs robux/tickets and can be repeatedly used. This feature would also provide some benefit to the buyer, so that people will want to use it.
salem9
#74074152Monday, July 30, 2012 11:25 PM GMT

Bump.
griffin7474
#74088130Tuesday, July 31, 2012 2:06 AM GMT

I would like a system like this. It would add a whole new aspect to Roblox.
salem9
#74099432Tuesday, July 31, 2012 4:29 AM GMT

Bump. A rent option for non-limited items would be a good money sink. For a certain percentage of a hat's original price, you could have a hat for a certain number of weeks.
salem9
#74102029Tuesday, July 31, 2012 5:08 AM GMT

I just read on the Blog about a crafting system. We can have material traders: *Common Traders* and *Rare Traders*:  - Common traders will sell 'stacks' of less expensive, easier to acquire items. You can sell to them and buy from them, although buying from them is more than selling to them by some robux.  - Rare traders function the same way, but sell materials one at a time. The materials from these 'traders' will be more expensive and rarer, and thus are in higher demand. This is another example of a money sink that would work. I will create another post about only this idea so the devs might create this if the crafting system ever happens.
salem9
#74146258Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:22 PM GMT

bump
LaCoffeeMan
#74146437Tuesday, July 31, 2012 7:24 PM GMT

Support,
salem9
#74567444Sunday, August 05, 2012 12:44 AM GMT

Bump. The Lord of the Federation is similar to a money sink, but it isn't able to be used over and over, unless people keep buying it.
dasfunny
#74567511Sunday, August 05, 2012 12:45 AM GMT

TLDR NEeds lemonade
salem9
#74569506Sunday, August 05, 2012 1:06 AM GMT

Bump.
Virtualdarks
#74570458Sunday, August 05, 2012 1:15 AM GMT

Well, if you don't have a proposed money sink, we can't really support you since we don't know the possible methods of applying this to ROBLOX's virtual economy. We could support the idea OF a money sink and make ROBLOX think of one, but that's not a very reliable base since they started the problem in the first place. That's assuming I didn't read the last paragraph wrong. -Virtualdarks
salem9
#75710355Thursday, August 16, 2012 1:52 AM GMT

Renting places for an amount of robux per month. Renting non-limited items for a certain amount times the number of days. Leaving the fees at 30% and not going back with them, and adding a robux feature to trading with the 30% fee on those robux. All of those would help. --The gnome zaps a hexagonal wand! The death ray hits you! Do you want your possessions identified? [ynq] (n) y--
brett1337
#75880043Friday, August 17, 2012 11:01 PM GMT

What about renting certain limited and limited U gear for a at two thirds the original price times how many weeks you wish to rent it. example so and so rents ROBLOX Classic Brigand's Sword for a month. 66x4=264 so and so pays 264 robux to rent it for a month This thread IS 100% original. Just like all the other old, recycled content on roblox

of     1