of     1   

MrGiraffe1
#74645597Sunday, August 05, 2012 7:58 PM GMT

Who do you think makes the best and most intriguing characters? I feel like in the RP forum good characters are overlooked as a big accomplishment, usually that is saved for creating threads and skills in general. Although, a thread can only be a great one with characters that make it interesting. I ask this because I recently came across a webcomic with a character I really like. He's a cynical hobo magician with invisible limbs whose main power is creating candy. That's awesome. So I started wondering about the other characters I love, when I went on RP I decided to go fishing for some exciting characters from my previous threads. It was then I discovered that...I don't really have a favourite creator! The Op's characters usually get a lot of attention so a lot of other ones are left in the dust to never develop or fall flat on execution. Makes me sad. :( SO RP TELL ME
zacaris
#74645703Sunday, August 05, 2012 7:59 PM GMT

Everyone has the potential to be a great roleplayer, so it usually varies on what you enjoy and what they enjoy. And that was me roleplaying as someone who cares. Have a crappy night, stab someone in the neck for me. ~dons neck armor~
AbCatchem
#74646021Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:03 PM GMT

A sadistic kleptomaniac with personality disorder would meet my standards.
SodaPopWERTY
#74646085Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:04 PM GMT

"Nah." I pull out a shotgun and meat-shot him in the face.
MarkJarkson
#74646139Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:04 PM GMT

A mentally insane soldier would be my favorite.
MrGiraffe1
#74646197Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:05 PM GMT

...:U alright, nevermind then
Kerion
#74646329Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:06 PM GMT

Well, it's an umber of things. If a character is so close to what someone in the setting would be like that they actually fit into the setting extremely well. This adds some Someone who is out of the ordinary but still fits is good. Someone who is both ordinary and extraordinary at the same time can be amazing (ex. The Night Guard who gets caught up in a desperate attempt to save the world) Someone who is actually meaningful enough that they get mentioned in other RPs in the setting in which they aren't directly involved (ie. they become a fixture of the setting. I've had only a handful that have done this.) Detail always helps. A fascinating character. Character development over time. There are a number of other factors for me but these are some of the major ones.
MrGiraffe1
#74646419Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:07 PM GMT

guys it doesn't say what i just wanted to know who :(
Kerion
#74646643Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:10 PM GMT

I forget the name of my most recent favorite (I've always been terrible with remembering names), But he was a somewhat nervous night watchman who was really jumpy because of recent events. He fit almost all of my above mentioned categories. Podraptor made that one. I'd also have to answer Sigurdcrozov but I don't know if he's on much anymore.
Icecold246
#74646950Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:13 PM GMT

I think JPFan makes good chars.
jetthehawk
#74648930Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:35 PM GMT

If there's someone who can accurately describe their character's personality, and then stick to those traits throughout the roleplay, that is one damn good roleplayer.
boomer549
#74650417Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:50 PM GMT

Hmm, my favorite... Well, I have several, depending on themes Fantasy: A magician, with the power of the Storms themselves Modern Civillian Military (Or, Zombies): A quick, nimble, character who has a couple of light weapons with him. Occasionally will carry a sniper rifle, if rules allow and of course, terrain. Military(Wartime): Uniform, sometimes a cap, carries a HMG or Sniper. Appearance may vary somewhat. I have quite a few others, as well. Personality remains same for the most part. A little bit shy and serious, but a very nice person once you get to know him. The bio will ALWAYS be different.
podraptor
#74651012Sunday, August 05, 2012 8:56 PM GMT

My favorite was an Average Joe who raised sheep and was a goods peddler.
Dadudi4
#74651649Sunday, August 05, 2012 9:01 PM GMT

i think i make good characters becus im a fan of myself
Recesity
#74652859Sunday, August 05, 2012 9:13 PM GMT

I prefer assassins, but no matter what character I make they must slowly go insane over the course of the roleplay. Types of insanity are different, sometimes like Batman and sometimes like The Joker.

of     1