JulienDethurens
#77285698Sunday, September 02, 2012 6:24 PM GMT

"The only one that had a specific author is XML Optimization, which was suggested by Seranok." Not really. Even that was suggested countless times before. I myself suggested it over one year ago, after realizing that place files actually save all of these (after looking in a place file in notepad).
watevs44
#77286575Sunday, September 02, 2012 6:35 PM GMT

"I did not steal your idea," BUT, my fair feathered friend, you did admit that some of the ideas presented here by you were not your own. My point still stands. -- "believe it or not." I chose not. -- "I came up with that idea independently before you posted that thread. I never read that thread, and I'm sure the idea of marking archived messages as read automatically has been thought up independently by numerous other people besides us. All the ideas on the list I either thought up myself, or have been suggested so many times that to give credit to a single person for the idea would be ludicrous. I thought I stated this clearly in the original post." How convenient... -- "You weren't the first person to come up with the idea anyways, so don't expect credit for it. http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=62045165 http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=59479560 http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=46677284" I'll have you know, I am DeadX. And this idea has been in existance under my creation since early 2011. And seeing my latest version of the idea was on the front page both a day after and before this thread was made. I'll extract credit whether ya like it or not. -- "The only one that had a specific author is XML Optimization, which was suggested by Seranok. I was going to give credit to MillerSoRock for the Thumbnail Version History idea, until I searched it up and found that a lot of other people suggested it as well." Proving my point. Thanks. !Dream Crusher Strikes Again:3
slade1506
#77287225Sunday, September 02, 2012 6:45 PM GMT

Icepwns
#77287757Sunday, September 02, 2012 6:52 PM GMT

I am going to bump this :3
Merely
#77290046Sunday, September 02, 2012 7:22 PM GMT

>I'll extract credit whether ya like it or not. http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=46677284 Kingkiller1000 came up with that idea more than 5 months before you did. It seems a bit selfish to demand credit for an idea that numerous other people came up with before, since, and after you did. I did not read your thread the other day. Congratulations for coming up with the same idea that dozens of other people that have come up with, but you're not getting any special recognition for it. Neither am I. This is a common idea, get over your selfishness. And as JulienDethurens pointed out, even the XML Optimization idea has been thought up by multiple people.
watevs44
#77291608Sunday, September 02, 2012 7:43 PM GMT

"http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=46677284 Kingkiller1000 came up with that idea more than 5 months before you did. It seems a bit selfish to demand credit for an idea that numerous other people came up with before, since, and after you did." The one you listed is a mere remake. I've done the idea a plethora of times over. One of its former names was "Possible flaw in your update". So nice assumption. -- "I did not read your thread the other day. Congratulations for coming up with the same idea that dozens of other people that have come up with, but you're not getting any special recognition for it. Neither am I. This is a common idea, get over your selfishness." Dozens? That's a sweeping assumption to make, no?. Moreover, I don't see any reason for to be getting all hot and bothered. -- "And as JulienDethurens pointed out, even the XML Optimization idea has been thought up by multiple people." Yet, the fact of the matter is. You adopted the idea from someone and put it in your own thread. That calls for some form of honourable mention from the person you took it from. Regardless if he's the alleged original-idea-hatcher or not. !Dream Crusher Strikes Again:3
JUSTINATER9
#77293367Sunday, September 02, 2012 8:02 PM GMT

Genius! I agree with everything. I ate the reply button
Merely
#77305560Sunday, September 02, 2012 10:24 PM GMT

>"That calls for some form of honourable mention from the person you took it from. " The person I got the XML Optimization idea from was my brother who didn't want credit. The person who I got the marking-archived-messages-as-read idea from was MYSELF. I didn't read any threads about it. So obviously I am not going to give credit to some random guy like you who thinks he's the only person who came up with it and deserves all the credit for it.
Merely
#77307382Sunday, September 02, 2012 10:46 PM GMT

I can see why you are making the assumption that I saw your thread and copied your idea, but I assure you that I did not. I came up with the suggestion independently several months ago on my own, I distinctly remember having a phantom message in my inbox and thinking "ROBLOX should make archived messages read". I don't see why it's such a big deal. You didn't even post the idea originally, this guy did: http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=45865322 And he posted it 4 months before you. You must have seen his post and copied his idea (If I apply your logic :) Regardless, many different people have come up with that idea on their own, so don't claim ownership of it. You weren't the first and you won't be the last.
MasterChiefAlpha
#77310016Sunday, September 02, 2012 11:20 PM GMT

I really appreciate the initiative you took in putting this list together, Merely.
Merely
#77311017Sunday, September 02, 2012 11:32 PM GMT

Thanks MCA, but I'd like to hear input more than praise. You probably have a better idea than I about which of these ideas are impractical or unnecessary. I want to refine this and add a few more ideas before I send it to the office.
3sorey
#77312590Sunday, September 02, 2012 11:49 PM GMT

Oh Merely I have A Idea, How bout with the trading you can trade money like type in a amount of money SO summing it up it will stop a bit of scamming and It will allow players to trade robux with hats.
Merely
#77312649Sunday, September 02, 2012 11:50 PM GMT

@3sorey I haven't actually seen it, but rumor is that the ability to add robux to a trade was in testing on sitetest3.roblox.com for a few days. I don't know if that's true or not.
3sorey
#77313001Sunday, September 02, 2012 11:53 PM GMT

Thats cool.
AwesomeJaedon10
#77313420Sunday, September 02, 2012 11:58 PM GMT

@Merely, what do you mean your his brother "At the moment"?
MasterChiefAlpha
#77315518Monday, September 03, 2012 12:22 AM GMT

Well, I think most of these are quite practical, small-scale suggestions, which as you noted was one of your objectives when you put the list together. I can't speak personally on how viable some of these are, especially the ones that would probably require more than a small tweak to the site markup language (additional search functions, standalone friends page, game volume dials, etc), because that's outside the realm of my technical expertise and ultimately up to the devs. But having a roundup of popular suggestions like this is very useful for us for relaying player ideas higher up and giving the devs something concrete to look at in discuss. The only real concrit I might offer is that in future versions of this list, maybe include subpoints that explain in further detail some of the ideas, or rather the implementation of them. I know a lot of S&Iers are budding web developers and programmers in their own rights so they might have some specific technical rationale or idea they'd like to see mentioned. :) So long as you keep a clear organizational format like this, I think it'll still be very readable.
Zxuul
#77318223Monday, September 03, 2012 12:56 AM GMT

YO
batmangum
#77329161Monday, September 03, 2012 2:58 AM GMT

This is actually a great idea. Nice job Merely!
seanisawesome14
#77346097Monday, September 03, 2012 7:34 AM GMT

The who can follow me is already updated and all you can do is press the map the sever must be full so they cant follow you but there need's to be a better way. I would like there to be a delte button that would be helpfull from all the spam...
watevs44
#77350760Monday, September 03, 2012 10:44 AM GMT

"The person I got the XML Optimization idea from was my brother who didn't want credit. The person who I got the marking-archived-messages-as-read idea from was MYSELF." The convenience of the matter is stifling. -- "I didn't read any threads about it. So obviously I am not going to give credit to some random guy like you who thinks he's the only person who came up with it and deserves all the credit for it." How erroneous. -- "I can see why you are making the assumption that I saw your thread and copied your idea, but I assure you......" You need to understand that I do not believe you -- "I don't see why it's such a big deal. You didn't even post the idea originally, this guy did: http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=45865322" Again, the idea has been remade multiple times. Nice to see you ignored that part. -- "And he posted it 4 months before you. You must have seen his post and copied his idea (If I apply your logic :)" See the above. -- "Regardless, many different people have come up with that idea on their own, so don't claim ownership of it. You weren't the first and you won't be the last." You're a fortune teller now! Please, tell to me my future :3 !Dream Crusher Strikes Again:3
Dav1s13
#77363599Monday, September 03, 2012 3:31 PM GMT

Pretty good ideas
Merely
#77364000Monday, September 03, 2012 3:36 PM GMT

I'm done talking with you. Your whole argument is hinging on the unprovable idea that I copied your thread.
watevs44
#77364365Monday, September 03, 2012 3:40 PM GMT

"I'm done talking with you. Your whole argument is hinging on the unprovable idea that I copied your thread." I would say "How erroneous" again because it's true but I'll give you something different since you've already heard that response: I enjoy how you selectively choose what parts of my arguments you see. It's funny how I can give you nice long paragraphs and you'll only acknowledge a sentence. So listen, buddy, just because you choose to ignore other very valid arguments, doesn't mean they're not there. :] Thanks for the forfeit btw. Victories are always delicious !Dream Crusher Strikes Again:3
MuresMalum
#77364499Monday, September 03, 2012 3:41 PM GMT

When in doubt, I think I'd support the one with two thousand more posts. Sorry watevs. ~Life is like a box of chocolates. It melts in direct sunlight.~
Merely
#77365217Monday, September 03, 2012 3:49 PM GMT

watevs, I don't quote people's entire posts and pick at little parts of different sentences. I used to enjoy doing that to irritate people, but then I realized that it's better to decipher what the user is actually trying to say, and counter that. It's not as fun as picking apart the person's post, but it's a better way of communicating. Basically you want credit for a certain idea because you posted it just a few days before this thread and you think I saw your thread and copied the idea from you. You have already stated that you won't believe me when I say I didn't see your post, and I thought of the idea myself independently, so there is no point in further posting on your part. You are welcome to critique or comment on the ideas in this thread.