of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Espithel
#78607660Saturday, September 22, 2012 10:25 AM GMT

Frozengaia's thread rater: Prepare to be murdered with logic. 5/5 in reading, 10/1 in rage potential. TL;DR Be at the bottom. This is a trading and a crafting idea. Hello there, and welcome to HOTS 9.3 and PICS 2.0. HOTS you may have heard of; it's my very epic and very successful and very popular trading system. PICS… not so much. Basically, PICS and HOTS are partners. HOTS (Haggle Offering Trading System) is a trading system that's been around june 2009. PICS (Pack is crafting system, That's been around for a month. And also, I would like to point out this: As of now, some people have been saying "UMGZ, A TS HAZ BEEN MAED NUB." Now, the idea isn't to make a trading system. The idea is to make HOTS, with if's over 20,000 views (not exaggerating) across all the previous eight versions, with ideas that make other trading systems envious, with at least over two months of planning PER VERSION, the trading system of roblox. But, I guess that's a nice intro. I guess I should immediately start explaining this idea. So, let's do that. Gosh, even the INTRO is bigger than most ideas... That's scary. ----- Section 1: How do I enter HOTS? Well, there are two ways. The first one is by the catalog. Next to trade currency, buy real ROBLOX items, that stuff, will be "Trade items!" which will open you into a screen something like this: http://www.roblox.com/HOTS-9-0-base-item?id=87869186 Now, if a decal hasn't loaded, come back tomorrow and try again. I also apologize for the poor quality for all the decals. They were done in paint, and I'm not an artist. I should say, I'm HOTS an artist! :3 The picture is a white space with four tabs. The second way we will get to later. It's via party chat. Now, you may notice there are four little buttons, or tabs. Press these tabs to open a box relating to that tab, or closing that tab. ---- Section 2: The tabs. The four tabs govern all four areas of HOTS. The one in the top-left, when clicked, will open something like this: http://www.roblox.com/HOTS-9-0-chat-item?id=87869200 Now, if a decal hasn't loaded, come back tomorrow and try again. I also apologize for the poor quality for all the decals. They were done in paint, and I'm not an artist. I should say, I'm HOTS an artist! :3 The top left one is the CHAT tab, which allows you to chat for trades or have a nice chatroom. The report abuse will allow you to report the last 100 chats, keeping spam and flames out. The one in the bottom-right is an EXIT button. I need say no more, except: http://www.roblox.com/HOTS-9-0-exit-item?id=87869224 Now, if a decal hasn't loaded, come back tomorrow and try again. I also apologize for the poor quality for all the decals. They were done in paint, and I'm not an artist. I should say, I'm HOTS an artist! :3- I have to stop making that pun. The one in the bottom-middle is SYSTEM, the most important of them all. System allows you to fine tune your trades, in many ways. ---- Section 3: System http://www.roblox.com/HOTS-9-0-system-item?id=87869245 Now, if a decal hasn't loaded, come back tomorrow and try again. I also apologize for the poor quality for all the decals. They were done in paint, and I'm not an artist. I should say, I'm HOTS an artist! :3 System allows you to fine tune your trades and searches. UMG, A SEARCH BAR!? H4X... In trade. I'm keeping the actual trading 'til last, because it can be... well... difficult in explanation. Oh, btw: the system tab and the exit tab overlap every other tab. Trade and chat don't overlap. So, system allows you to fine tune your trade searches in these ways: BC only [tickbox] TBC only [tickbox] OBC only [tickbox] Certain item [strip to put item in] Certain item allows you to search for a certain item being traded. Specific item [Strip to put item in] Same as certain item, except in certain item, you might get a match with that item and another item. With specific item, matches are that item. And ONLY that item. It sort of is pointless, but oh well. You are also allowed to make trade via system. You can make Public trades, You can make Private trades, And you can make auctions. We'll get back to them. Also, in system, is a nice button that gives a nice word wall of help... Maybe this very HOTS thread... Okay, maybe not, as the suggestion is continued after acceptance. Now for something controversial: If you are NBC, you cannot search BC only, TBC only, or OBC only trades. If you are TBC, you cannot search OBC only trades. Common sense. ---- Section 4: creating trades. There are three ways to create a trade: Public. Private. And auction. Public: A trade anyone can join. http://www.roblox.com/HOTS-9-0-trade-creation-public-item?id=87869491 Now, if a decal hasn't loaded, come back tomorrow and try again. I also apologize for the poor quality for all the decals. They were done in paint, and I'm not an artist. I should say, I'm HOTS an artist! :3 So, your stuff appears at the bottom, with an add to trade. I didn't make a decal for this, but also system can appear in here to edit your trade like who can join, tix convert tolerance, and how many people can join. [max 12, min 2] Also, there is the most magical thing called the tix convert price. This magical wonder stops scams at its tracks. And abuse. Basically, the tix convert price tells you how much the total sum of your items [up to sixteen items] is, in tix. And, THIS IS MAGICAL FOR SO MANY REASONS. Because, if whoever you're trading with's tix convert rate is out of the tolerance, YOU CAN'T TRADE. So, if you're trying to get a really expensive limited, You better make sure all your items are up to snuff! Heheheh. The tolerance, btw, is how much above or below in tix you are allowed before the tix convert rate stops you from trading, and you will be able to pick between three numbers. 100 is low, 250 is normal and standard, and 500 is high. Now, I am a little iffy about these numbers, so please tell me what you think are suitable numbers. Also, there will be a tab to a mini-catalog to make a "want-list" so people can accurately get what you want. Private: Private is relatively the same as public, but you have to physically invite people into the trade, When you search for private trades (You can) only ones that you have been requested to will show. Also, with private trades, you can turn people in your party chat into a private trade. The host of the chat is the host of the trade. Auction: Auction allows you to put up to four items and "sell" them. Here's how they work: http://www.roblox.com/HOTS-9-0-trade-creation-auction-item?id=87869345 Now, if a decal hasn't loaded, come back tomorrow and try again. I also apologize for the poor quality for all the decals. They were done in paint, and I'm not an artist. I should say, I'm HOTS an artist! :3 Basically, there is no tix convert rate. All auctions start at 95% of all the items combined, converted to tix. In system, you can change how long the auction goes for (default = 24 hours) and how much people bid per auction (default = 5 tix per bid, min of 1 tix, max of 20.) Also, you can change the BC only. If you don't have more tix than the current price, you cannot add some bid to the price. The person who auctioned the item gets all the tix from the auction. And the last bidder gets the item. Now, you do not lose tix by bidding. But, you will lose your tix if you're the last one who made a bid. Your bid only increases the price of the item. Also, you cannot bid twice in a row; you can bid twice on an item, just not consecutively. Or an OBCer would be cruel. Off-sale items? They start at 300 tix. Off-sale limited's? The original price. Now, here's something heavy. If an item is limited, off-sale, BC only, TBC only or OBC only, you cannot join said trade if you're NBC. Sorry. It's to prevent scam and abuse. ---- Section 5: THE TRADE TAB, WHAT YOU'VE ALL BE WAITING FOR! ;D (Possibly.) http://www.roblox.com/HOTS-9-0-trade-item?id=87869323 Now, if a decal hasn't loaded, come back tomorrow and try again. I also apologize for the poor quality for all the decals. They were done in paint, and I'm not an artist. I should say, I'm HOTS an artist! :3 Basically, here you search and join trades. Literally. Well, not literally. What's not or is literal about it? It's not like using a limb hack to hack limbs than scream, "HACKED!" (literally.)" So there are three buttons near the tab. These filter which of the three trades you want. You also get to see the trades, who's in them, the people, and the items offered (mouse over) You can then inspect a trade (Have a look at it, all the stuff) or join it, if you can and not blocked like a poor NBCer. I really do wish I could lift those restrictions, but I can't, as most of the better S&Iers are against it and I actually take into account opinions that are logical. So sorry. So, joining it. Easy. Just click with an are you sure. Then decide what you're going to add, checking the host's items and wants. The tix convert is shown. Now, what's so special about HOTS? We've seen the O. And the TS. What about the H? Haggle. You can request to change the item on show, and people's stuff. So if you're not satisfied, then change it. http://www.roblox.com/HOTS-9-0-trade-room-offer-to-host-item?id=87869515 Now, if a decal hasn't loaded, come back tomorrow and try again. I also apologize for the poor quality for all the decals. They were done in paint, and I'm not an artist. I should say, I'm HOTS an artist! :3 This is a basic thing. Ignore the equivalent exchange; for that was took out. Basically, what everyone is trading, what everyone's tix convert is and what everyone's trading is shown. I didn't show it, but the host and users can use System to do this. The host can also do extra stuff in system, like accept a trade, lock the trade, unlock, exile someone, prevent accidental exilement. Also, adding this in the end, you can trade with other people other than the host. The way of doing this is the same as the host. --- So, crafting. The next major thing for roblox. This massive section of this still rather massive thread will grant criticism, suggestions and reiterations to this idea. And dispel any idiotic assumption. Well, it's more just "DO THIS DEVS DO THAT DEVS" now, but oh well. Consider this some inspiration. So, devs, read this and see some flaws to improve, and suggestions to add. Readers, give support and criticize this constructively whilst also suggesting some extra stuff, so I can better improve my rather unique insights. So, let's start with the dispelling. First thing most people think of when they see crafting: "THIS IS COPYING MINECRAFT." I will dispel this now. Crafting has been seen in so many games. In fact, simply BUYING something can be considered crafting; turning money into an item. So, if this copies minecraft, it will also copy quite a few more games. Let's have 10 off the top of my head. If crafting copies minecraft, it also copies: Clash of the Dragons, a browser TCG, with the nexus to make items. Lost odyssey, an amazing RPG on the Xbox that allows you to craft items into powerful rings. Sequence, a steam/indie game that is a unique blend of RPG, action and stepmania. It allows you to craft weapons and armour. Arcuz, a flash game that allows you to craft potions. Doodle god, a flash game that focuses on combining two things to make something anew. Doodle devil, the sequel to doodle god. Warriors orochi, a beat them up from Koei that fuses weapons together and creates special abilities by crafting. Sky rim, with forges. EVERYONE knows what skyrim is. .-. WoW, which has crafting stuff. And also, Okamiden has crafting. Thanks, Chuggaconroy. See? so, ALL THOSE GAMES copy minecraft, apparently. Especially doodle god and sequence, THAT CANNOT BE BEATEN WITHOUT CRAFTING. So no. It does not copy minecraft. And all those games are different. Doodle god is a pure crafting game. WoW is multiplayer. Sequence is musical. Warriors orochi is a beat 'em up. Lost odyssey is a turn based RPG. CoTD is a TGC. So, crafting is a genre-crossing thing, that isn't tied down to one game, or one genre. And besides, Warriors orochi was made before minecraft. Probably, so was WoW, Lost odyssey, doodle-god, Arcuz AND final fantasy seven. So, it's not copying. It's too common to be considered original. In that logic, you could also say that Virtua tennis, top-spin or just tennis games in general copy pong. It doesn't, but that's the logic behind "These two have the same stuff, so the one who had said stuff after the other is copying the other. But, I will say: Telamon, BE MORE DERAILING OF IDIOTIC CRITISISM IN YOUR SNEAK PEEKS! >:U Please? It saves me and others so. Much. Time. Anyway, rant over. So, crafting in general. I would like to say two things from the get-go. 1) DROP THE IDEA OF CRACKING THINGS TO GET ITEMS. There's too many hats and gear to program what they give when they crack. 2) As an alternative: I'm going to fuse CoTD's nexus with its boosters. So, instead, how about buying "packs" of items? So, maybe there could be three kinds of pack: Basic, Advanced, and Rare. Basic packs will give you mundane items, like string and paper. Advanced packs will give you uncommon items, like gold and steel. Rare packs will give you very rare items, like... Quantum circuitry and platinum. Now, a basic pack can still give you gold, and a rare pack, can still give you string. It just changes the chance. So, every crafting item will have three rarities: basic, advanced, and rare. So, let's have a look at a basic pack. As a quick brainstorm, it will give five random crafting items for 200 tix. Just a quick brainstorm, nothing more. Your criticism will refine this. Three of those items are guaranteed to be basic crafting items. Two of those items have a 75% chance to be basic, but a 25% chance to be advanced. An advanced pack could be 600 tix. Three will definitely be advanced. Two have a 75% chance of being advanced, a 20% chance of being common, and a 5% chance of being rare. A rare pack could be 1800 tix. Three will definitely be rare. Two have a 5% chance of being common, a 10% chance of being advanced, and an 85% chance of being rare. So yes, a rare is obviously more worth it than an advanced, and an advanced is more worth it than a common. Also, there could be three sizes of each pack: normal (5), Jumbo (10) and mega (15.) A jumbo basic pack may grant for 300 tix: six basic guaranteed, one advanced guaranteed, three with a 75% chance of being basic, 25% chance of being advanced. A mega basic pack may grant for 400 tix: 10 basic guaranteed, two advanced guaranteed, three with a 65% chance of being basic, a 35% chance of being advanced. A jumbo advanced pack may grant for 900 tix: six advanced guaranteed, a common guaranteed, and three with a 50% chance of being advanced, 25% to be common or rare. A mega advanced pack may grant for 1200 tix: 10 advanced, five with a 60% chance of being common, 40% being rare. A jumbo rare pack may grant for 2700 tix: six rare, two common, two advanced. A mega rare pack may grant for 3600 tix: 12 rare, two advanced, one with a 33% chance of being anything. That wildcard at the end gave me another idea: Mystery packs. for 1000 (basic), 1500(jumbo), and then 2000(mega). Each one gives the respective number of items, each one being an equal chance of all three. (33%) Now, each item individually, does not interact with each other: You can have five of the same item, five individual ones. It's unlikely, but possible. Unfortunately, I must state that Mega packs are BC only. Not taking it away. Can't take it away. Also, you can trade packs of items with HOTS. Why not items, TNTxERIC asks? Because of the micromanagement, lack of use and the fact I'm thinking of two advances for a rare jumbo. So, now getting the stuff is done, how about making it? First off, just to disclaim the minecraft copy theory more, let's not make a three-by-three square. Because morons who don't have logic or a sense of thought will think you're copying minecraft even more, which you're not. Be amorphous: Add a line of six squares, then whatever is in there can make an item, regardless of order: THE CATCH! For three robux. This is a very important part. This thing, stops: Alt abuse in HOTS, Scamming, Overuse, Etc. Whilst also keeping a marginal theme of a BC only trait, something the devs have enjoyed, seemingly. Like HOTS, I'm going to aim to make a crafting system that is available to all, but at the same time, appeaseable to the devs by making some of it seemingly premium (*Cough*, mega rare.) Don't ask me to take it away; I won't. I can't. So, let's make a basic item! So, for this example item, you will need: Wood, 3 string. The wood goes in one box, and every piece of string goes in other boxes. It doesn't matter which order. This will make: a whip. Basic item. Doesn't deal too much damage, but has a good range to it. So, that's a nice basic item. Good for beginners. Be noted, that with PICS, not every trade turns into an item you can use in a game. For example, Coal, a basic item, and iron, a basic item, give steel, an advanced item. And string, a basic item, and steel, an advanced item, gives steel wire, an advanced item. Also, in-game tools you can craft have "three levels"; for example: The whip, has an "upgrade": the barbed whip. To make this flail, you need: 2 barbs, 3 steel wire, and 1 steel. ---OR--- 1 flail, 2 barbs. 1 steel wire. The barbed whip deals more damage, AND has a chance to deal damage over time. But you may notice, because you had the flail, it was massively cheaper. In fact, if you have that flail, you could actually get everything you need to make level two from a normal basic pack. Barbs btw, are basic. So, what about level three? Either: One platinum, Three Mythril strips, Two duplication clay. ---OR--- 1 Barbed whip. 1 Mythril strip, Two duplication clay. ---OR--- 1 whip, 2 Mythril strips, Two duplication clay. Now, this adds some complexity and interesting value to my crafting system. Mythril strips are rare, platinum is rare, and duplication clay is rare. But, what's amazing is Mythril strips are impossible to get via boosters. Sorcery? No. Like I said, items can be turned into things that can be made into items. Meet a said item: the crafting knife. This neat knife is made by: 1 razor, 1 iron. A razor is an advanced item. It's not a tool, but it's epic. It's what is called a "crafting" tool. Crafting tools are tools used in crafting (not in game) that do special stuff. Example: Steel + Crafting knife = Steel wire. No string needed. Crafting items have a durability: For example, the crafting knife can be used 50 times before you need a new one. Now, Crafting knife + diamond = Strong crafting knife, which can cut more stuff (diamonds are rare) So, Strong crafting knife and Mythril (rare) = Mythril strips. Now, duplication clay is even weirder. Because well, cutting things is sort of plausible, but duplication clay? It does exactly what it says on the tin. Duplication clay + ANY item = two of that item. Why two? Because you lose one in the process of making it. So, if it was one, it would be redundant. So, onto the rare whip. This bad guy deals more damage, chance of DoT, AND has three whips, capable of dealing quite a good chunk of damage. AND has improved range. Worth it indeed. Also, nenen has posted In some ideas for this, and I will just copy and paste what should be added. "3. Leftover Scrap, Or Burned items. (etc) Sometimes Maybe there should be Leftover Scrap. for example You want to make a tiny piece of paper (to make a warning sign on your dangerous gear), you take a Huge pile of Sawdust, or Pieces of Wood. you put it in water, then a compressor(another crafting tool). and get. A Small piece of paper, But Wait! did you not need a TINY piece? yup, so you take some scissors.(yet another) and Cut some paper away. now you have a tiny piece. but what happens to the rest? you get Scrap. which has its own uses a Tiny Piece of Paper scrap.... 4. Error you cannot make this item without.. Error you cannot make this item without a Better type of Tool. 5. You can buy Simple Tools, in the Crafting shop. (Maybe even the Occasional Advanced) (One of the Buttons on the Blue Line) 6. Are you SURE you want to craft these Items??? Click Yes Or No or Cancel. 7. Poor quality tools have a smaller life span then any Better Quality Tool." --- So, that's a nice basic example on crafting and trading. How I believe it should be done. Supports? Cheers. No supports without a valid reason? Thanks for the support. Logical constructive criticism? Preferred more than a support.
tonykaree13
#78608825Saturday, September 22, 2012 11:20 AM GMT

It's supposed to be a trade system. Not a super-complicated-epic-trade-tix-thingy-made-by-a-frozen-dude. "Dreams don't always come true, but when they do, chase them"
jetfire227
#78608853Saturday, September 22, 2012 11:22 AM GMT

TL;DR but the title reminds me of tf2
backupaccount09
#78609528Saturday, September 22, 2012 11:43 AM GMT

I'm not usually a lazy ready, but, tl;dr. A bit too long, no one will read, maybe try rewording parts or removing them. This sentence is incorrect.
MoneyBoxMonkey
#78609977Saturday, September 22, 2012 11:55 AM GMT

Oooooh! Cool dictionary!
watevs44
#78611739Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:33 PM GMT

They don't think it is like it be, but it do. Support. !Dream Crusher Strikes Again:3
buzzshockey
#78612933Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:56 PM GMT

Frozen seriously learn to make your posts smaller but support.
Espithel
#78706787Sunday, September 23, 2012 1:29 PM GMT

-It's not complicated. Well, maybe for simpletons, but not for casual use anyway; the only complexity in HOTS and PICS is the explaination stage. I like to explain my posts in as much detail as possible, so I don't get an "elaborate" or an overdose of easily avoidable questions. It makes my ideas far more superior than others who suggest the same thing. I'm happy my responses and my ideas actually are longer, as it proves that I actually put time and thought into my ideas, and thus allows myself to give as much of my idea to other people. And if that means that you have to take the day off to read it, then so be it. There's your responce. My threads are not getting shorter. But my thank you for the support mr... well, basically everyone.
Espithel
#78962189Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:20 PM GMT

My threads are not going to get ignored, either. Bumpalumpas on toast.
leech111
#78962295Thursday, September 27, 2012 4:24 PM GMT

I'm so sorry. but. tl;dr I did read a little, support I guess? :-/
Espithel
#79827961Wednesday, October 10, 2012 2:36 PM GMT

My thank you mr. Leech, and bump. Anyway, who else wants to get murdered in logic?
JakieMcCool
#79829266Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:20 PM GMT

I can't even find the TL;DR
JakieMcCool
#79829299Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:21 PM GMT

Daaam, why you always make your threads so long!?
Espithel
#79829540Wednesday, October 10, 2012 3:31 PM GMT

Why do you always make your threads so short? It's better if it's longer. You can pack more infomation into it.
Espithel
#80497134Saturday, October 20, 2012 11:47 PM GMT

And bump. Yay.
Espithel
#80680925Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:35 PM GMT

YAY, I GET TO SPAM THIS WITH MORE BAWMPS. WOULD YOU PEOPLE JUST POST FOR ONCE. .-.
watevs44
#80681322Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:41 PM GMT

I'll just support this again :) !Kiwi Overlord:3
BrockRocksYourSocks
#80681990Tuesday, October 23, 2012 7:52 PM GMT

'll be supporting this. Again.
Espithel
#80726273Wednesday, October 24, 2012 1:43 PM GMT

My thank you mr. watevs and mr. brock. Bump...
Espithel
#80945866Saturday, October 27, 2012 8:34 PM GMT

And bump again.
Espithel
#81317417Friday, November 02, 2012 2:26 PM GMT

Seriously...? Well. I think this is proof nearly everyone is illiterate.
SpeedySeat
#81317645Friday, November 02, 2012 2:33 PM GMT

It's a kids game. Learn to summarize. When even I have a problem with reading this whole post, you know you've made it too long. Think of it as a word wall of sorts. Though I didn't read it, my stance on this topic remains undecided.
Espithel
#81317724Friday, November 02, 2012 2:36 PM GMT

Me, learn to summerize? No. You, learn to read. -Okay, that sounds agressive. :/. Meh, I'll just have to be ignorant. :/. My thank you for the support mr. Speedy. Bawmp.
watevs44
#81317729Friday, November 02, 2012 2:36 PM GMT

Speedy, Just because your ideas lack detail and epic quality, doesn't mean it's the right way of going about things. Moreover, if you're in this forum, you should have a decent attention span and literacy level. Stop being lazy. !Kiwi Overlord:3
SpeedySeat
#81317879Friday, November 02, 2012 2:41 PM GMT

My ideas don't matter when it comes to these posts. If I spend six hours reading 1 topic that I don't agree to or won't agree to until the end, I will feel like I've wasted my time, and I will hold a grudge against posts like this. That's not the kind of thing that I want to develop. Learn to shorten your ideas. OP, Make your post 1/10 the length with more detail in each paragraph, and I'll read. Sorry for having an opinion.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right