of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

ThaCruelLlama
#78675500Sunday, September 23, 2012 1:41 AM GMT

(Private IRSP thread.) (This is going to be based off solely on the game 'Overlord'.) "Master! You've finally awoken!" You lay in a stone coffin and a bearded, old grinning faced gremlin stared over at you. He was wearing ratty robes with a little fishing-rod like stick that bent over with a lantern on it. He backed away to you sitting upright in the coffin, blinking ever-so slightly. "We must prepare you! It's been too long, the world must know of you again!" he stepped back, allowing you to get out of the coffin and glance around. Where you were is awfully dusty with cobwebs and cracks all over the place. After a couple hours you are fully suited in iron armor with a large sword in hand. You stand about 7'9, much taller then the average human. You have immense strength and quite a few magical abilities. After you are done getting suited you walk up a curvy staircase which leads to your tower's central room. Inside was a nearly destroyed throne, a large hole in the wall, and various other staircases going up and down the castle. At the very end of the hall you notice a pool of water with various images of supposed places in it. One or two gremlins run up to you rather quickly, bowing to you and cackling in pride and joy knowing that their ruler has returned. "Master, what would you like to know?" the old gremlin stares up at you, his small white beard shining off of his lantern.
gavinfirefox
#78676545Sunday, September 23, 2012 1:56 AM GMT

wat r my magics "What has happened since I was last gone?"
ThaCruelLlama
#78677286Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:05 AM GMT

(Currently just the ability to hurl a giant fireball.) "Tad bits of human civilization have been springing up though Halfings are currently harassing them, Sire. They are so pitiful, somehow allowing the Halflings, half the human's height, pillage their villages and capture quite a few slaves." The bearded gremlin said the last part rather dreamily, looking up into the air but quickly shaking his head, "The Halflings are awful vile little creatures, filling themselves with sludge until their bellies pop and living in little hills and mounds. The humans' current only defense against them are stone walls and gates... by the way, Master, my name is Gnarl, I am your head adviser and right hand gremlin."
gavinfirefox
#78677457Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:07 AM GMT

"Good to know Gnarl. Let's say we 'disembowel' the said Halflings, what would happen?"
ThaCruelLlama
#78677784Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:11 AM GMT

"The humans would adore you and shower you with heroic songs, praises, and little kisses." He chuckled rather loudly after saying that. "It would surely show others who is in charge which is what would be needed since currently races are questioning your existence since you've been gone for so long."
gavinfirefox
#78677945Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:14 AM GMT

"Well, that would mean the perfect time to strike. But we have to do it just right. Invoke fear, yet admiration. So what do I have for soldiers Gnarl?"
ThaCruelLlama
#78678401Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:20 AM GMT

"Only Browns, sadly. The other three sub-races have gotten lost throughout the years. Browns are basically the most basic and.. headstrong force of the army. Only ten browns are currently available.. the way to 'make' more minions are to kill a mortal and obtain the life force, transferring it to the gremlin hive where it produces minions to your disposal. There is also two things that you need to bring to attention, Sire. The Tower Heart and Iron Smelter have gotten lost throughout the years, that's the reason of your ever-so slightly obsolete, but still certainly fashionable, armor, and the low grade of the tower. Both of these will have to be found soon... my bets are that the Halflings have one of the two."
gavinfirefox
#78678583Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:22 AM GMT

"Well then. Let's terrorize some halflings." I gripped my sword and said "Prepare the troop, I'll be leading the charge."
ThaCruelLlama
#78679458Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:32 AM GMT

"Great, Sire!" Gnarl said rather enthusiastically. He staggered over to a pool of water on the end of the hall where images of unclear places were showing. "Mellow Hills, a hazy rolling hill area, is where they are mainly located. It has the only available Summoning Spire that we currently know of. There will be summoners there where you can summon only five gremlins at the moment, Sire." (Basically what you do is walk up to the pool, raise your hand in a upper clenched look, then raise it where you will be teleported to the Spire.)
gavinfirefox
#78679723Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:36 AM GMT

I walked up to the pool, nodded to Gnarl and raised my hand, clenching it. I raised it where I had to go.
ThaCruelLlama
#78680056Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:39 AM GMT

After a quick flash of light you find yourself standing on a circular stone with the face of a gremlin crafted on it. The Spire had three columns behind it, linked together and practically in ruins. When you step forward a arched-up crevice shoots out of the ground, a glowing brown coming out of it with the number '10' glittering in brown dust. (You can summon the minions exactly the same way you can teleport.)
gavinfirefox
#78680575Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:44 AM GMT

I remember Gnarl saying 5. So I repeated the process, and waited for my minions to arrive.
ThaCruelLlama
#78681144Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:50 AM GMT

Five minions shot out with various "Woo hoos!" and "For the Overlord!" as they are jumping out. They all crowd around you, looking up at you. You notice they have practically nothing, all wearing a loincloth and wielding wooden clubs. If two or three gremlins were to be stacked on each other it would probably be equivalent to your sword which you are holding with only one hand. Some equipment would be nice.. Just as you are thinking of this you hear some "Baa"'s in the background, glancing behind you to see some semi-chubby sheep lazily chewing on grass and prancing around. Where they are is a small slope from where you are. Suddenly one of your minions shout excitingly, "Sheepies!". They all seem to be bursting with joy, quite eager to go to the sheep and bash their skulls in.
mancangug
#78681278Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:51 AM GMT

suddenly a rhino with maetballs at smart gurp
gavinfirefox
#78681450Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:53 AM GMT

Let them go. Sheeps were mortal life. I think they'd count.
ThaCruelLlama
#78682098Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:00 AM GMT

On the order to let them go they all sprint with rather large speed, jumping onto the backs of sheep and hitting them on the back of their head until they were dead. As soon as one died the carcass would quickly disappear, a brown glowing orb replacing it. After five minutes the entire field was cleared of sheep, the minions making to trips and handing over six life force. Stepping down the slope you see a nearly destroyed wall and in the distance a 'stick' of land erected out of a rather large lake, the land having mildly mountainous terrain but something stood out. You notice a few boxes and even one chest. Looking down behind the wall you see one barrel that was tipped over and a small chest. Brown Life Force: 11 Minions: B: 5/5
gavinfirefox
#78682334Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:02 AM GMT

Check to see what is in them.
ThaCruelLlama
#78683652Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:16 AM GMT

Two minions run down behind the wall, bashing open the barrel and finding a pitchfork and small dagger. Two gremlins throw down their clubs, one picking up the dagger and one picking up the pitchfork, holding it with two hands. Another simply hits the chest with the wooden club, it opening to the finding of twenty pieces of gold which he grabs and hands to you. After that the five minions run to the edge of the cliff, walking shakily down a narrow tree trunk that went to the block of rocky land. You hear some smashing and "Oooo"'s and after fifteen seconds you see one gremlin got a sharpened small staff and another with a rusty short sword. The other comes with fifty gold pieces, handing it to you with the dismissing of the quiet words "Dada". Brown Life Force: 11 Minions: B: 5/5 Grem. 1: Dagger, Loincloth Grem. 2: Pitchfork, Loincloth Grem. 3: Sharpened Short Staff, Loincloth Grem. 4: Rusty Short Sword, Loincloth Grem. 5: Wooden Club, Loincloth 70 pieces of gold
gavinfirefox
#78684236Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:22 AM GMT

I nodded my thanks to the gremlin and led them towards where the Halflings would be.
ThaCruelLlama
#78686005Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:42 AM GMT

You walk back up the slope and continue a small pathway until a fork appeared in the road. To the right it seems to keep going until it reaches some sort of wheat field and to the left you notice that a distance away there was a stone wall peeking slightly above a hill. Brown Life Force: 11 Minions: B: 5/5 Grem. 1: Dagger, Loincloth Grem. 2: Pitchfork, Loincloth Grem. 3: Sharpened Short Staff, Loincloth Grem. 4: Rusty Short Sword, Loincloth Grem. 5: Wooden Club, Loincloth 70 pieces of gold Life: |--|--|--|--| Magic: |--|--|-
gavinfirefox
#78708591Sunday, September 23, 2012 2:02 PM GMT

Would that be the humans land? Or the Halflings?
ThaCruelLlama
#78712779Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:04 PM GMT

Only way to find out is by scouting. Brown Life Force: 11 Minions: B: 5/5 Grem. 1: Dagger, Loincloth Grem. 2: Pitchfork, Loincloth Grem. 3: Sharpened Short Staff, Loincloth Grem. 4: Rusty Short Sword, Loincloth Grem. 5: Wooden Club, Loincloth 70 pieces of gold Life: |--|--|--|--| Magic: |--|--|-
gavinfirefox
#78713103Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:09 PM GMT

I headed off, making sure my gremlins were close behind.
ThaCruelLlama
#78714491Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:27 PM GMT

They all clustered behind you, following your every step. Once you walk down the dirt road and turn the hill you see quite the scene. The huge stone wall was indeed apart of a human town, there being a moat in front of it with a drawbridge. Nested on the walls are various humans, staring down at the ground beyond the moat. Bringing your attention, err, downward you see a group of seven halflings jeering at the humans, shouting insults and rude hand gestures. None seem to notice your appearance.
gavinfirefox
#78715470Sunday, September 23, 2012 3:41 PM GMT

I signaled for my gremlins to attack when I gave the signal. I shot a fireball at the halflings, I knew I could easily have just charged in, but this would raise the intimidation factor. The fireball was the signal. I drew my sword and strode towards them, my gremlins hopefully running in around me.

of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right