of     8   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Robloxopolis
#8050Monday, November 20, 2006 10:40 PM GMT

Hail Robloxians! I am embarking on a great project, and I'm inviting everyone to help me! I am building the capital city of Robloxia! Building this city will be a great experiment. Here is how it will work. I have created a layout of roads to get us started. Anyone who wants to help signs up for a role, depending on their building skills and how much time they want to spend on this project. These are the roles: 1. Urban Decorators (adds details to the map that are smaller than 32 x 32) 2. Builders (32 x 32 baseplate) 3. Big Builders (64 x 64 baseplate) Urban Decorators will add details to the map. These are small things like adding lamp posts, trees, landscaping, benches, ect. Builders will build a building for the city that fits on a 32 x 32 baseplate. There are no other restrictions, you can build whatever you think the city needs. Big Builders will build a large building for the city that fits on a 64 x 64 baseplate. --- Here's how it will work. All the dark green land in Robloxopolis has not been claimed yet. If you want to help build something for Robloxia, you post a land claim to this thread to let other people know that a section of land has been taken and that you are building there. You copy the Robloxopolis map and add your building. Then you publish YOUR BUILDING (not your entire place) as a MODEL to Roblox and post to this thread to say that your building is done. Everyone can then go to your place and inspect the building. If everyone is satisfied that your building looks good, then I will insert you model into Robloxopolis. Once your model has passed review and is inserted, you "own" that building and can submit updates to me at any time. I think this will be an interesting collaborative building experiment. To help you guys out, I have published 32 x 32 and 64 x 64 stud baseplates on my page. I have also published the road plates I used to make Robloxopolis. Robloxopolis will be "open source". Anyone is welcomed to copy anything and everything out of it at any time. If you don't like how Robloxopolis is turning out, use the models in it to make your own city! --- Here are some ideas for things that Robloxopolis could use: Residential High-rise apartments Walkup apartments Historic houses Modern houses Townhouses Row houses Thatched cottage Tudor house Trailer park Log cabin Farmhouse Mansion Palace Park Playground Govt/Institutional Church Cathedral Mosque Temple School Town hall City hall Library Courthouse University Hospital Fire station Police station Monastery Abbey Prison Seniors care home Recreation / Entertainment Floating restaurant Fishing pier Pleasure pier Carnival rides Carnival booths Bandstand Swimming pool Gym Ice rink Golf course Gondola/cable car Beach Museum Art gallery Sports fields (baseball, soccer, football, tennis, etc) Sports stadium Showjumping arena Planetarium Campground Drive-in movie theater Marina Botanical garden Race track Ski hill Skateboard park Preserved historic ship Playground Commercial Greenhouse/nursery Garden center "Main St" style heritage building facades Corner store High-rise offices Motel Hotel Pub/saloon Pool hall Pawn shop Diner Café Cinema Theater Concert hall Small stores Shopping mall Bus station Post office Supermarket Gas station Warehouse Lumberyard Bank Ferry terminal Theme park TV studio Movie set Radio station Parking lot Airport Airfield Market Restaurant Industrial Coal/gravel tipple Water mill Grain elevator Docks Boat-builder Cannery Fish processing plant Factory Power station Electrical substation Gold mine Coal mine Cement plant Brewery Oil loading dock Oil refinery Oil storage tanks Chemical plant Grain terminal (for ships) Ore terminal (for ships) Windmill Steel mill Scrapyard Harbor Civil Engineering Train tunnel portals Retaining walls Swing bridge Trestle Road bridge Lift bridge Covered bridge Suspension bridge Building under construction Canal Canal locks Lighthouse Viaduct Misc details Bus stops Trees Fences Billboards Streetlamps Traffic lights Phone boxes Mailboxes Fire hydrants Garbage bins Newspaper boxes Vending machines Ticket machines News stand Fountain Statue Memorial Hot dog stand Street vendors Community parade Wedding
Robloxopolis
#8051Monday, November 20, 2006 10:41 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Robloxopolis
#8052Monday, November 20, 2006 10:42 PM GMT

I claim the middle 64 x 64 area where the Roblox Sign is currently. I plan on creating either a tall tower or government-looking building there (Robloxopolis Town Hall?)
bob900016
#8053Monday, November 20, 2006 10:46 PM GMT

nice can i help?
Robloxopolis
#8055Monday, November 20, 2006 10:48 PM GMT

Sure! Everyone can help. What would you like to build? As the first participant, the door is wide open for you - Robloxopolis needs everything!
jackrackam
Top 100 Poster
#8056Monday, November 20, 2006 10:50 PM GMT

I would be glad to help. Just look at my place or the Pirate Army headquarters. I build everything I use my self, even the trees. My towers would be nice, or the embacy building. Also, using weapons may make it laggy.
bob900016
#8065Monday, November 20, 2006 10:52 PM GMT

can i make a factory or buisnes for people to work in?
jet li
Top 100 Poster
#8067Monday, November 20, 2006 10:53 PM GMT

can i be a police officer
jet li
Top 100 Poster
#8069Monday, November 20, 2006 10:55 PM GMT

there could be an HQ for the police. And maybe an office building with an elevator.
Robloxopolis
#8070Monday, November 20, 2006 10:55 PM GMT

Bob: that sounds like a great idea! Jet Li: sure you can! maybe someone will be nice and offer to build you a police station and/or a jail to guard. How about it somebody? And if there are going to be cops, there should probably be a bank to protect, don't you think so? Who wants to own/build the bank?
jet li
Top 100 Poster
#8071Monday, November 20, 2006 10:57 PM GMT

Thanks alot! And a jail house would be perfect.
bob900016
#8072Monday, November 20, 2006 10:58 PM GMT

i will and ill make a vault with gold bricks in it! i just want to know how do u make models that u make public?
Pirate Army
Top 100 Poster
#8074Monday, November 20, 2006 11:00 PM GMT

I'll make the police office, just tell me what size, colors, and rooms in it.
Pirate Army
Top 100 Poster
#8075Monday, November 20, 2006 11:01 PM GMT

p.s. I'm jackrackam
jet li
Top 100 Poster
#8077Monday, November 20, 2006 11:13 PM GMT

It could be blue and yellow with an office and some holding sells. It should have lots of room and it could have a waiting room with a coffee machine. It could also have a t.v. and just basic stuff you would find in the police HQ.
bob900016
#8078Monday, November 20, 2006 11:14 PM GMT

dont forget the donuts
Robloxopolis
#8080Monday, November 20, 2006 11:26 PM GMT

It will be sweet when there are cars in this game and everyone can drive around Robloxopolis. We could even have street races!
Robloxopolis
#8081Monday, November 20, 2006 11:28 PM GMT

PS - I love the idea of having gold bars. I bet you could make good ones by setting the reflectance of a brick to .6 or so. Of course we will need a vault to keep all that gold in, don't you think?
bob900014
#8082Monday, November 20, 2006 11:30 PM GMT

how do u make them shine and how do u submit ur models? P.S im bob900016
SuperBallMaster
#8091Tuesday, November 21, 2006 12:32 AM GMT

Hi am gladly put in a high apartments building i want a 64-64 size map for it please. O and can i put in the Draco inc on a other 64-64 map?
poker_man29
#8100Tuesday, November 21, 2006 1:26 AM GMT

Robloxopolis, Great idea I'm sure this will become a cool place. =D. Poker
jackrackam
Top 100 Poster
#8130Tuesday, November 21, 2006 4:05 AM GMT

How do we add our models?
Robloxopolis
#8138Tuesday, November 21, 2006 6:18 AM GMT

So once you have finished your model, publish it to your place and tell us about it on this thread. Everyone will look at it to make sure it is high enough quality to put into Robloxopolis. Then I will insert it into Robloxopolis. After your model has gotten in, if you want to make changes, you can msg me directly and I will put in the new version for you. It would be cool if everyone could insert their own stuff like a wiki, but this was the best method I could come up with given the present constraints of the game.
Robloxopolis
#8139Tuesday, November 21, 2006 6:20 AM GMT

Draco - your towers are cool. Why don't you pick the one you would most like to have added, and we'll give other people a chance at a 64 x 64 spot since there aren't that many in the map and I would like this to be a community effort. If after a week or so there are spots left, a 2nd large submission from you would be welcome. Sound fair?
Beast
#8146Tuesday, November 21, 2006 1:22 PM GMT

Cool Idea i have at the moment a old looking boat(something like a pirate boat) that u could use in the water!

of     8   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right