MaliciousWraith101
#85359204Wednesday, December 26, 2012 11:53 PM GMT

Well then...Now u know u dont like it.
ironman0001
#85366267Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:20 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
meldo
#85367097Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:29 AM GMT

"I just recently spent about $600 on a new machine... I thought it was supposed to be better than console gaming, but really IMO it isn't. People say controls are better, I disagree. Being hunched over the mouse and the keyboard hurts my back. I can't say I have found any exclusive that really "Wow'd" me, and building a pc took 5 hours of my life that i'm never going to get back. You also have to upgrade a pc more than a console. The only thing better than console that a gaming pc has is the fact that it has better graphics, but I can't say it is really worth it with all the cons I just mentioned." 1. Controls are a technical fact. They are subjective from person to person, but seeing as mice have higher accuracy than controllers it is a fact they are superior for games that take place in a First/Third person environment. Then there's strategy games and the like that are absolutely horrid on the console. 2. If you're hunching over, that's your own body and/or chair. My chair has a leaning feature and arm rests and is very comfortable than a couch, in my own opinion. 3. Did it really take you 5 hours? First time builds are normally anywhere between 30 minutes and 2 hours... 5 hours is just insanely long. 4. No, you don't have to upgrade more than a console. This logic is extremely flawed. The consoles use mid-grade hardware from 2006. Why would you need to upgrade more often if they can still play games? You don't. You simply play at slightly lower settings than max, reclining gradually over the years. Consoles play at upscaled 720p and low-to-medium settings with no AA/AF. A mid-grade PC from 2006 can play modern games at those settings iirc. 5.There's a ton of (factual) pros compared to consoles gaming.
ironman0001
#85367490Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:33 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
ironman0001
#85367571Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:34 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
meldo
#85368058Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:39 AM GMT

"@meldo Actually, Upgrades are needed The latest games do require newer graphics cards" no they do not the only exception to this would be if you want to run it at max on 3 1080p monitors even then you'd probably get a 7950, which will last a good 3-4 years at max, and a good 2-4 after that on high this is a complete fallacy, as if it were true consoles would need to be updated just as often, if not more often, than people claim pcs need to be "@meldo And a mouse being better isn't a fact It has to do with what a person is used to" >technical fact mice have higher accuracy than controllers this is a technical fact, as it has to do with the actual hardware of the products whether one prefers kbm or controllers is opinion please, learn to read
meldo
#85368274Thursday, December 27, 2012 1:42 AM GMT

wait did i say technical fact i meant technological fact sorry terribly tired at the moment and no idea why
faker247
#85373272Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:39 AM GMT

OP: I SIT HUNCHED AND IT HURT MY BACK BECAUSE I USING KEYBOARD. I HAVE A PC EXCLUSIVE AT IT ISNT THE BEST THING I HAVE EVER PLAYED WHY DID IT TAKE SO LONG TO BUILD A COMPUTER IM NOW GOING TO HAVE TO UPGRADE BECAUSE A NEW GRAFIX CARD CAME OUT 2 MINUTES AGO
MaliciousWraith101
#85373919Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:48 AM GMT

Well in my case I get better accuracy with a mouse...I do NOT have to upgrade(unless I want to run new games on max which I dont)... If u dont like pc gaming I say gl and good riddance.
Imperiatus
#85375739Thursday, December 27, 2012 3:11 AM GMT

>The latest games do require newer graphics cards pretty late here but this is completely false, my current GPU is a solid 2+ yrs old and it can play The Witcher 2 on high, consoles require it to be played on low. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) Arcen Council. t༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ށ
TheRealCommander
#85396651Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:22 AM GMT

@iron I upgraded my PC from 2006 last year because it couldnt run BF3, this gives it a 5 year lifespan until upgrade, the upgrade cost me 400 euros, price of a console at launch, a console has lifespan of what? 5-10 years? We are not talking of a major price difference here. Also note that the PC could propably run strategy games and other not so intensive games until 2015 or so, instead of going by generations PCs get better in incremental steps.

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2