of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Superioran
#85712798Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:29 PM GMT

I recently was perusing a user's profile (I wasn't friends with them at that time), and I noticed how we both have some of the same friends. I thought to myself, "Wouldn't it be cool if ROBLOX had a "circle" concept that showed a list of common friends among two users?" And that's where my idea came along. There's other businesses that utilize the "common friend" concept, but I thought it would make ROBLOX revolutionary if it implemented it here as well. Here's what I am visualizing the layout/ concept to look like: On any given profile, right below the "Friends" box, there will be a button, and it will read "CommonFriend?" Essentially, "CommonFriend" is the name of this process. "CommonFriend" will scan both users' friend lists and identify ones that are common. (Basically, it is graphing a Venn Diagram, filling in all three slots, and tossing the differences aside.) The purpose of this would be mostly for a "comparison" or "compatibility" test. Any user could "CommonFriend" any other user, without being friends. This would allow for users to: (1) introduce a friend-of-a-friend to each other. (2) see if you have friends already friends with a (random) user. (3) get to know more users. Personally, I'd like to see this in action, as it would be an interesting tool. Also, if at any point a user finds that they do not want other users "CommonFriend"-ing them, the ability to turn off the process is simple! It will be located in "Account," with all the other "Privacy" tools. They can even set the tool to which groups are allowed to "CommonFriend": - All Users - Friends - Best Friends - No one - Turn off Any questions or comments? -Superioran
tahu157
#85713467Sunday, December 30, 2012 7:37 PM GMT

Support, very nice post btw.
Superioran
#85726637Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:20 PM GMT

@tahu157: Thank you! Please send the word out about this idea! -Superioran
boomer549
#85727094Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:25 PM GMT

So, kind of like Google+, only with friends of friends, though? Support.
Superioran
#85728305Sunday, December 30, 2012 10:38 PM GMT

@boomer549: Yes... In a way. Thanks for the support, I appreciate the help. :D -Superioran
Superioran
#85901509Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:34 PM GMT

Bump!
kurintehgamer
#85901835Tuesday, January 01, 2013 5:38 PM GMT

total support
Meldroid
#85904884Tuesday, January 01, 2013 6:12 PM GMT

I support, so mutual friends basically?
GeekEthan
#85905194Tuesday, January 01, 2013 6:15 PM GMT

Support.
Superioran
#85917728Tuesday, January 01, 2013 8:33 PM GMT

@melmilly: Yes. Mutual friends, I guess... -Superioran P.S. Thanks for the support everyone! The more people that know about this, the sooner it will be integrated! Keep telling your friends! :D Also, if you can, tell the admins/mods about this idea if you really want it in the website! P.P.S. Happy New Year everyone! While we are on the topic of "friends," if you all go visit my profile and add me as a friend, I will gladly accept ALL friend requests! Send me this code in the message so I know you are one of the readers: XC9RWQ1-21TYH-GF6784-PLA125689-MNBV3-4780
ChinchiilaMaster
#85917874Tuesday, January 01, 2013 8:35 PM GMT

Hard to see the point...
Trig0n0metric
#85918208Tuesday, January 01, 2013 8:38 PM GMT

Pretty nifty idea. Quite ingenious. One hundred percent support.
Superioran
#85940209Wednesday, January 02, 2013 12:15 AM GMT

@Chin... The point of this is to connect the ROBLOX users who are ALREADY friends to people they might know, just like other social media sites do. It would be useful, in my opinion. Again this is something you can opt-out of if you don't want people "CommonFriend"-ing you. Another use would be to introduce a mutual friend from an actual friend. There are multiple uses, and anyone could find a new use for themselves. -Superioran
Buzz32123
#85940424Wednesday, January 02, 2013 12:16 AM GMT

Nice idea! *Kisses forehead*
CreepyGirl
#85943500Wednesday, January 02, 2013 12:48 AM GMT

I don't see the point. "I don't want to be friends with you, but my friend is your friend so I want to be common friends- but not actual friends"? What? Why not just show how many mutual friends you have like it does on Facebook?
Superioran
#85964073Wednesday, January 02, 2013 4:32 AM GMT

@creepygirl: The point is to mimic, but not take the actual concept from Facebook. "CommonFriend" is a tool used to introduce people that a user might know to the user. I don't quite know how I can rephrase my idea so you can understand it. It is a "mutual friend" search tool, I guess. It is the user's choice to visit the potential "friends'" profiles and request a friendship or communicate. It's just an idea... if you don't like it then don't complain. Just say "No support" and walk away... don't criticize the post or it's poster. -Superioran
ozork
#85964309Wednesday, January 02, 2013 4:35 AM GMT

I actually haven't been able to point out any major flaws. Good job OP. 1202 PROGRAM ALARM EXECUTIVE OVERFLOW
Superioran
#85971295Wednesday, January 02, 2013 6:21 AM GMT

@Ozork: Are there any "minor" flaws? Thanks for the heads-up, by the way. While I'm here, can I ask if you support the idea? -Superioran
Bsrman99
#85971444Wednesday, January 02, 2013 6:23 AM GMT

Supported.
HelmOfFlashingBolt
#85971644Wednesday, January 02, 2013 6:26 AM GMT

So kinda like FB? More friends? SUPPORT!
CreepyGirl
#85971809Wednesday, January 02, 2013 6:29 AM GMT

"It's just an idea... if you don't like it then don't complain. Just say "No support" and walk away... don't criticize the post or it's poster." I never criticized you or the post, I said I didn't understand it. We're free to give you feedback on your idea, and just because I didn't give you support doesn't automatically mean I hate you and your idea. I don't see the point of being a "commonfriend" with someone instead of just friends. Yes, it would be nice seeing how many friends you have in common with another friend of yours, then going to their profile and checking them out, messaging them, etc. and that's about it. I think it's unnecessary to create an entire "commonfriends" system to scan friends list and find out if they're compatible when the user can just do it themselves. "This user has 42 mutual friends? I'm going to read their profile and look at their groups to see if I like them then I'm going to send them a friend request" Again, I just don't see the point in creating an entire new system rather than just showing how many mutual friends someone has in common.
Superioran
#86061970Thursday, January 03, 2013 4:20 AM GMT

@creepygirl: Ok... so here is the thing. Let me rephrase the idea for you. You know how on a user's profile page it says "see all" near the number of friends the user has? Well, my concept is to add a button that will screen through all of that user's friends, and try to introduce NEW friends to you, on that page. It will scan both your friends and their friends, and try to show you mutual friends. The process is similar to FB's "Mutual Friends" in that you can view their page, etc. It offers the option to see how "compatible" you are with the user, and if you want to be friends. I don't know how to simplify this any other way... hahaha -Superioran P.S. Thanks for all the support guys! I appreciate your kindness and helpful feedback!
Superioran
#86119551Thursday, January 03, 2013 11:08 PM GMT

Dear Forumers, This is an update that I will be regularly posting until this idea reaches the moderators... I would like you all to know... that... We, as a thread... have reached the audience of / have had three hundred and fifty-six viewers!!! :D Woohoo! Great work my fellow users! I thank you all for the hard work you all did in sending this message around. By reaching 300+ views, we have become a "popular" thread according to the system! -Superioran
Superioran
#86217685Friday, January 04, 2013 11:57 PM GMT

Bump u m pmuB Triple bump? Oh wait... now that's four. Well... you get the idea.... BUMP. That's it. That's all I wanted to say. (Whispers to self: SHOOT! I said it again! Make it five now...) Oops! Hahaha Hope you enjoyed this post. :D
matthewlight2
#86444618Monday, January 07, 2013 4:23 AM GMT

Good idea Super. Support.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right