of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

rocksrolling749
#86554141Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:00 AM GMT

ROBLOX's main goal- Building to be easier. I will show you the flaws in building and how to fix it. To start this off, building was the easiest when I first joined, then it just got harder and harder, and now, all we can build without Studio is this. http://www.roblox.com/Stamped-House-Now-with-a-roof-place?id=71683676 Recently, in the Blog, you were describing how users were creating such wonderful items in 2012. I have to admit, those are amazing things, especially the rocket-ship. Users can't make that stuff without Studio. Even in Studio, its harder to build things than ever before. This is one reason why I don't build anymore. We can't even use givers anymore. - There's this rumor going around. "ROBLOX is going to remove ROBLOX Studio 1.0 sometime in January." If that is true, you shouldn't delete all your old stuff. Some people like 1.0 over 2.0 (I am one of these people.). Building with tools I prefer over Stamper and Studio just crashes my computer. I don't like my computer crashing. Don't tweak anything about scripting unless it is constantly complained about and discussed in S&I and other areas. Adding GroupRanks into the LUA script was one necessary thing to be added, and it helped a lot of people. Removing features in a script is just wrong. Unless it sparks exploiters and hackers, it should not be removed. HERE ARE SOME SUGGESTIONS FOR BUILDING THAT CAN MAKE PEOPLE HAPPY 1. You need to make an option so that you can choose "Advanced" or "Basic" building tools. Basic tools is just the stamper set. Advanced tools are tools that can significantly change a user's place in a small amount of time. "Music is the only subject where the answers are right in front of you. You just have to play it." 1. "Advanced Clone tool" - It allows you to copy anything. You get a 0.75 second delay before you can copy another piece. The tool has unlimited range. 2. "Advanced Delete tool" - It allows you to delete anything with a 0.25 second delay. The tool's range it 250 studs. 3. "Advanced Resize tool" - It allows you to resize any brick up to 2048 studs max. Has the option to resize through bricks or not. Range of tool is 400 studs. No delay. 4. "Advanced Insert tool" - NOT THE CLASSIC INSERT TOOL- This insert tool allows you to search through your models and insert bricks created by ROBLOX. Has a range of 500 studs. Has a 5 second delay. 5. "Advanced Transport tool" - It allows you to move any brick. You can change this to move models too by an option at the top. Has unlimited range. No delay. 6. "Other Advanced tools" - This brings up a bar of a few other tools known as: "Advanced C-Frame" - Brings up the chart with the X, Y, and Z of the brick. You can change this as much as you want. "Undo/Redo" - Allows you to undo or redo the last placement of a brick. Has a 1 second delay. "Save" - Saves the game, but you don't have to leave. Has a 3 minute delay. "Help" - Brings up a banner explaining all the building tools on the screen and what they do in a slide show. Studio needs some improvements, too. Some improvements can be -Studio should be automatically accessed when you go to "Build" and then click "Edit" on one of your places. -You should be able to set locks on a script. This means if someone tries to hack into a script, they have to enter a passcode first. You can do this to bricks, too. -You should present a slide show explaining all of Studio when a player first logs in on Studio. Thanks for reading. I really hope some of these suggestions are considered and added into the game. It took me exactly 34 minutes to write this.
AquaX
#86554740Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:07 AM GMT

I support this I just came back from quitting and I noticed all this new stuff. And all the old stuff was so much easier in my opinion.
mariofan19
#86554969Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:09 AM GMT

Sounds interesting, i support. I think it would help users like me, who want to build something, then just give up because its too complicated. (Or it might just be me, lol) I don't have time to learn about LUA, i just want to make something.
rocksrolling749
#86555264Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:13 AM GMT

I put my siggy, in the middle of the suggestion i failed. "Music is the only subject where the answers are right in front of you. You just have to play it."
malcolm98123
#86555526Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:16 AM GMT

So, correct. Support.
HonduranPride
#86555709Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:18 AM GMT

Support
superfrogman98
#86555974Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:21 AM GMT

support
kevin756
#86557545Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:39 AM GMT

Are these suggestions for Studio? Or is it just for when you click the build button on the browser?
rocksrolling749
#86557685Wednesday, January 09, 2013 1:40 AM GMT

The tools are a replacement of the stamper set if you choose Advanced. The last 3 things are for Studio. "Music is the only subject where the answers are right in front of you. You just have to play it."
rocksrolling749
#86561929Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:27 AM GMT

I might just repost this except make it more organized. It looks confusing. "Music is the only subject where the answers are right in front of you. You just have to play it."
lexham
#86563251Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:42 AM GMT

Like a better build mode? Well, the stamper is good, and the original build tools are good, so something between is great?
helloq
#86563634Wednesday, January 09, 2013 2:47 AM GMT

Wow, those are some good ideas, however you could make a plugin for every tool on there in less time than it would have taken to write the entire post so I shall refer you to the wiki to learn how to make them. Also, lua is one of the easiest languages to learn so don't say it is hard.
Toshi4539
#86567553Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:37 AM GMT

on the issue of 'locking' scripts, how would that work? and in a way that practically inhibits hacking? while not inhibiting creators? when a hacker has successfully gained the kind of access to a server to modify the place, there is little that can be done to stop them. Fortunately due to the nature of Roblox being a game, there is relatively little they can accomplish compared to 'professional' hacks against other systems, and any changes they make to a place will be deleted when that place's Instance is shut down. Currently the source code of scripts cannot be directly changed via scripting, so hackers would just replace the creator's scripts with their own if required, assuming that the level of access they had was equal to that of a creator working in Studio. If they're access is lower, like say, being able to bypass the restrictions Roblox has placed on Lua, then there is nothing at this point that can be done. Basically, hackers need to be stopped at the castle's walls, cause once they're in, they have the keys to the kingdom...
Bobberkins
#86568529Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:52 AM GMT

Sure. Roblox really dropped the ball with the stamper tool. When they found out that users wanted an easier way to build, they gave us minecraft. We wanted an easier way to build the classic way. Not 4x4 blocks. Bobberkins, Forum Enthusiast
LegitimateMeow
#86569062Wednesday, January 09, 2013 3:59 AM GMT

support.
rocksrolling749
#86590583Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:46 PM GMT

@Helloq- I want a building system that everyone can use. @Tosh- It would work kind of like the Apple products does it. When you try to go into a script, or even workspace, you have to enter a certain code. So if I wanted to build in Workspace, I have the option of setting a passcode before I go into workspace so that no one can exploit or hack the place. Otherwise, bump. "Music is the only subject where the answers are right in front of you. You just have to play it."
nerd_man
#86590602Wednesday, January 09, 2013 7:47 PM GMT

support
Xzerizon
#86591658Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:08 PM GMT

I support. Just a single tool suggestion. Translate: Basically, a move-on-axis thing that changes the CFrame of the part. Allows merging with other parts (I recommend keeping the Transport tool separate from this concept) for precise placing in 3D space. Ғľ○ωε⌐'ζ бâŋε ▬ Xζε⌐¡ζ○╖
kitten12345
#86591759Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:10 PM GMT

I support this.
Reece709
#86594014Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:47 PM GMT

Building with studio is not 'difficult'. You just have to learn what each tool does and how you can use it. When I first opened studio, back in 08. I was like "i am goin to b noob 4ever" Now, I understand it all. Building isn't difficult. Just use your imagination, and build something great! In my opinion, the stamper tool is useless. All you can do is create large structures from preset blocks. If studio crashes your computer, that's another matter entirely. But, building is not difficult.
RobloxCitizen9
#86594274Wednesday, January 09, 2013 8:51 PM GMT

Support!!!!! The new tools[And more] are soooo.......TERRIBLE, remember the umm i forgot it.....Its something that lets you insert your models?D: ITS FORGOTTEN!!!!!!!! ^ l l Blue prints. Copy a brick and resize your dreams!
rocksrolling749
#86594968Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:02 PM GMT

Reece, its difficult for me to build. It wasn't difficult back in 2011 or even early 2012. I stopped building because all these updates they're making are making Studio more complicated. I know what every tool does. Just about everything, at least. Its hard to build when your computer crashes every time you want to use easier tools, such as CFrame, or a delete tool that doesn't delete models, and a model grab tool that actually moves smoothly. "Music is the only subject where the answers are right in front of you. You just have to play it."
david89091
#86598847Wednesday, January 09, 2013 9:58 PM GMT

I just use toolbox to insert classic tool givers since the new ones are next to useless
rocksrolling749
#86611482Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:27 AM GMT

bump "Music is the only subject where the answers are right in front of you. You just have to play it."
RubiksCubix
#86613154Thursday, January 10, 2013 12:47 AM GMT

Yes! Support!

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right