of     1   

DarkLance
#866948Friday, May 02, 2008 3:46 PM GMT

Hi, Okay, so I just started playing a day or so ago. I've already gotten pretty familiar with the basic idea of ROBLOX and have gotten used to using some of the very basic tools. But, I'm having a few problems... So if someone could just answer a few of my questions that'd be great. Also, I'm totally accepting the fact that, right now at least, I'm a noob. XD But hey, everyone starts out kinda noobish so... Whatever. Anyway, here's what I've been wanting to ask: 1. How do you make blocks clear? 2. How exactly do you get working cars and planes? (Or any other vehical) 3. How do you give objects names or properties that cause it to effect you or something in the map? And last but not least, 4. How do you get rid of the build, copy, etc. tools that start in my place? Or is that even possible? Sorry if these are simple things, but I'm just not sure how you make complicated games and what-not, so any other advice would be awesome. =D Thanks, -DarkLance
TheJoker21
Top 100 Poster
#868836Friday, May 02, 2008 9:32 PM GMT

Answer 2 question 4. U can either reset ure place to an empty baseplate(go to configure this place and at the bottom it will say reset place and click on it and click the map u want).
o7734
Top 100 Poster
#869180Friday, May 02, 2008 10:10 PM GMT

First, you really need to get familiar with ROBLOX Studio. Start (on windows, anyway) -> All Programs -> ROBLOX -> ROBLOX Studio. Then, you need to have both Explorer and Properties open. View -> Properties, View -> Explorer. These things are VERY important for a good place. 1. Highlight the brick and look in Properties for 'Transparent' then change that number. 1 is completely see-through, 0 is completely opaque. 1.5 is in the middle, 1.3 is most windows, etc. 2. Try looking in Free Models (Insert -> Free Models) and type car or something. 3. Naming happens in Explorer, just rename it like a document on a computer. Unless you mean the text appearing above something, then PM me and I'll help you with that. The effects would be something VERY complicated called scripting. Hard stuff. 4. The tools and stuff, just look in the Explorer for a StarterPack folder. Other: Be original- don't just copy someone else's idea, like Telamon's swordfight on the heights places. Just do something special to it. Also, message me with any other questions- I'll be happy to help.

of     1