of     1   

Reinitialized
#86712420Friday, January 11, 2013 9:05 PM GMT

First off - I would like to state that I know this could lead to security problems. But methods can be developed to prevent this problems with some time. I understand ROBLOX is a massive website and doesn't exactly have the ability to allow Game Data to be saved to their servers from Online Game Play. Here's what I think - ROBLOX should give us the ability to provide our own servers that can have that Data Saved onto. This way, ROBLOX doesn't use it's own resources, and we have an ability to save data that's only accessible on one game. Wouldn't this be awesome? Yea, yea. We would have to provide our own servers. BUT! We would have the ability to save game data so users can come back and play again without losing everything! I am not saying this can be applied anytime soon because of major security risks that could be involved. But what would you think of this being a capability? This way, ROBLOX wins for not using their resources, and we win so we can truly save Data for future return to a game! Tell me what you think! Scottkid
PenguinPWNR
#86712648Friday, January 11, 2013 9:09 PM GMT

I don't see the problem with having the ability to save data _to_ a 3rd party server, it just seems too unrealistic to pull data _from_ an potentially untrustworthy 3rd party server. Data/hosting is getting cheaper, so hopefully ROBLOX will embrace more of it. Amazon AWS anyone?
Reinitialized
#86719098Friday, January 11, 2013 10:31 PM GMT

Yes, I do understand that. But that will be discussed later. Just tell me what you think!
Reinitialized
#86738667Saturday, January 12, 2013 2:08 AM GMT

Bumpy McBumpy Bump!

of     1