of     1   

SkywalkerDude
#87490218Monday, January 21, 2013 6:51 PM GMT

Everyone is familiar with the ROBLOX badge system - you pay 100 R$ to make a badge in your place that people can get by fulfilling an action. My idea is to allow users to wear badges that they earn on their character, to show off their skills. To implement this, very little re-engineering would be needed. Each badge, when worn, would be distinguished on the character by a black or gold border, and could be toggled on either the left or right side of the character. When a badge is created, the creator can set the "Wearable" property to be True or False - if false, that badge cannot be worn. If a player does not have any user-made badges that they want to wear, they can also wear ROBLOX badges - badges such as Bricksmith, Bloxxer, Veteran, and Ambassador. These would display on the character the same way as user-made badges would. Now here's the fun part - players can also wear GAME PASSES in the same way they could wear badges. Game Passes would be distinguished differently from badges - if badges had a silver border, for example, Game Passes would have a gold border. It is important to note that wearing these badges and passes would be completely subjective, as with any other accessory for the ROBLOXian.
4InForeign
#87490399Monday, January 21, 2013 6:53 PM GMT

Support with badges, because there's really no point in them. But game passes have a use, (unless it's a scam or a tip pass.)
anderson1233
#87490768Monday, January 21, 2013 6:58 PM GMT

I bet you people could care less if you have 5 kills on SFOTH
anderson1233
#87490821Monday, January 21, 2013 6:59 PM GMT

We dont need to wear our badges. Just look on their profile!
SkywalkerDude
#87491043Monday, January 21, 2013 7:02 PM GMT

Sure, you could care less if you got 5 kills on SFOTH. That is why badge-wearing is completely subjective. Suppose, however, that you get 50 kills on SFOTH, or suppose you Pwned Shedletsky With A Normal Sword. Now THAT is something to tell the world. Since the system would be completely optional, chances are that only the extremely skilled would even bother to wear a badge, since they actually had a badge that displayed their extreme skill. Also, it would motivate some (not all!) players to fight harder and acquire more KOs in order to obtain a badge worthy of wearing.
pokekid1112
#87491106Monday, January 21, 2013 7:03 PM GMT

"Just look on their profile!" -I personally, have 145 pages of badges. I'm sure many people have more then that. Why not, support.
gigabic
#87491251Monday, January 21, 2013 7:05 PM GMT

No support. You can make a tshirt with a badge on it.
blakejm
#87499224Monday, January 21, 2013 8:41 PM GMT

Copied my idea. Be original.
Ractax
#87499590Monday, January 21, 2013 8:45 PM GMT

Support
SkywalkerDude
#87518086Tuesday, January 22, 2013 12:04 AM GMT

@blake - Sorry. When I get an idea, my first impulse is to post on S&I before I lose it. If I stop to check the pages of forums, I could easily lose my train of thought. So, sorry. BTW, people COULD make a tshirt with a badge on it. However, if someone LOOKS like they're wearing a badge, the person looking at the profile can just check their inventory. If they have a "fake badge" t-shirt, then you'll know they are a fraud.

of     1