chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2   

Ultraviews
#92341687Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:38 PM GMT

I'm just saying it's not a good investment for ROBLOX. Just drop the thread. Oh, and, reported for spam.
Silvu
#92343467Wednesday, March 20, 2013 9:56 PM GMT

@Test Again, it wouldn't take any time at all due to the OS X being done. There isn't a real investment.
VidaFrezz
#92358942Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:25 AM GMT

@Test "I'm just saying it's not a good investment for ROBLOX. Just drop the thread." Drop the thread? You do realize that you keep repeating the same thing over and over again,which thus proves that you're ignorant, And that you're the only person who disagrees with this idea right? So what authority do you have to "drop the thread"? Sure,even if I'll have to agree with you that minority of kids would recognize Linux, It doesn't prove that others wouldn't know how to use Linux, Therefore,it would be a much greater investment if people uses Linux to craft out a more detailed and good game that attracts more and more people to play Roblox. And also, I'm pretty sure majority of kids don't even know Lua either, thats why there is a term called "learn". That is just my argument in a presumable nutshell
VidaFrezz
#92359102Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:26 AM GMT

Oops I accidentally closed the post.Made it a habit :l But anyway,continuing from my last post.
Ultraviews
#92359216Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:27 AM GMT

I'm just saying drop it because there is no reason to keep arguing over it. Oh, and, reported for spam.
jayden2valdez4
#92359240Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:27 AM GMT

Maybe roblox should have a poll that would see how many people want it on LInux!
VidaFrezz
#92359628Thursday, March 21, 2013 12:31 AM GMT

"I'm just saying drop it because there is no reason to keep arguing over it." You just admitted you lost then, then this ARGUMENT is dropped. Not the thread. If you want to keep the argument up, do not reply to this post,reply to my previous one.
DerProgrammierer
#92370629Thursday, March 21, 2013 2:13 AM GMT

"I didn't say it's unpopular, I was saying the little kids on the ROBLOX will unlikely know about Linux seeing as it's an open-source developer tool and not a really a primary OS." Open-source developer tool, not an OS you say? So, with that logic, Windows and Apple are operating systems, because they aren't open-source. Makes sense. "I'm just saying it's not a good investment for ROBLOX. Just drop the thread." An investment is putting money into something, other than paying their already being paid programmers to do this task, where is there an investment? And even if they did have to put money into it, Linux operating systems are faster than BOTH Apple and Windows systems. They are higher on the market for servers. Linux OSes can virtually execute on any system, Windows only supports ARM, IA-32, x86-64 and Itanium platforms. Apple can only run on, x86-64, IA-32 and PowerPC. Linux, however, can run Alpha, ARM, AVR32, Blackfin, C6x, ETRAX CRIS, FR-V, H8/300, Hexagon, Itanium, M32R, m68k, Microblaze, MIPS, MN103, OpenRISC, PA-RISC, PowerPC, s390, S+core, SuperH, SPARC, TILE64, Unicore32, x86, Xtensa platforms. This means, if you want in your phone, no problem. Want it on any computer being made today? No problem. Roblox wants to teach users to program, why don't they provide a nice platform that also supports programming? Linux is greater for it than Windows and Apple, because there's less restrictions, you can customize your OS right down to programming the kernel level. Linux isn't only great for programming, but it's great for overall computer knowledge. You can learn computer security, how your computer truly runs, and many other topics. -A man chooses; a slave obeys.-
Ultraviews
#92420000Thursday, March 21, 2013 10:08 PM GMT

Look, I just don't want this thread to keep going it's useless and I never said it's not an OS. I said it's not really a primary one because you can't use a whole lot of programs on it. Oh, and, reported for spam.
VidaFrezz
#92471027Friday, March 22, 2013 2:11 PM GMT

"Look, I just don't want this thread to keep going it's useless" Then you ignore the thread. What's so hard about it? You're the only one who disagrees with the suggestion, Whose criticism has already been answered, And you want to "close" the thread just because you dislike it?
Ultraviews
#92491496Friday, March 22, 2013 8:21 PM GMT

^ You're saying stuff I never said. Oh, and, reported for spam.
VidaFrezz
#92516472Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:19 AM GMT

"You're saying stuff I never said." You mean the fact that you're trying to drop the thread? I have already quoted ALL of those lines and I quotation marked my "close", which means that you're trying to indirectly close the thread by constantly telling this thread to drop and even said that you wanted this thread to close because you think that its pointless? Now which "stuff" did you not say?
Draeton
#92516726Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:22 AM GMT

If a ROBLOX port for Linux/GNU isn't going to be developed then at least running through Wine should be looked into by the developers because so far all I've heard of is them repeating rumors, which turn out to be much more unstable than you might think...
Draeton
#92517018Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:25 AM GMT

Also, test you can't report legitimate, if not in your opinion unliked suggestions for spam. If they are comprehensive and don't violate the WNTS and ROBLOX's general rules for the forums/site, you just can't and then those you report receive moderation action for. If you don't like the idea, and you a pretty sure it will never be of any merit, you should just drop your criticism and walk out. Threads as I just described should be kept around for the sake of holding onto the discussion, so the points regarding these arguments aren't lost.
Draeton
#92517142Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:26 AM GMT

By 'drop your criticism' I mean 'drop IN'. That should be a suggestion, the ability to edit a post within five minutes WITH AN EDIT LOG.
Ultraviews
#92517269Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:28 AM GMT

It's my siggy, and you said that I disliked it, I just don't want this to keep going on. Oh, and, reported for spam.
Gameplayer1500
#92517289Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:28 AM GMT

1) I have a laptop with Linux 2) I posted this too! So 100% support!
Draeton
#92517638Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:32 AM GMT

The guys over in Scripting were saying very few people want to play ROBLOX who use Linux. I guess that is what I deserve for visiting a forum of people who CAN play ROBLOX.
Ultraviews
#92518084Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:36 AM GMT

So you guys have other opinions from very credible people, does my argument make any sense now? Oh, and, reported for spam.
Zukaro
#92519151Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:47 AM GMT

I'd love to have Roblox on Linux. "Also, Linux users are generally ahead of Windows & Mac users when it comes to computers." I'd have to agree with this. I use Linux, and because of that I know how to set up web servers, FTP servers, IRC servers, and a bunch more. I've taught myself a ton using Linux, and had I been using Windows I wouldn't have learned as much. I did learn quite a bit on Windows as well however, but due to the fact you use the Linux command line a lot for things I've learned a lot about how the system works, and I can apply that to pretty much every Linux distro (and even some of that stuff works on OS X due to OS X and Linux being Unix like systems).
Zukaro
#92519447Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:50 AM GMT

I actually know more than my computer teacher does; a lot more. He knows nothing of Linux or how to set up servers, so he wants me to pretty much teach the class how to do all that.
Draeton
#92519468Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:51 AM GMT

Lets face it. Proprietary operating systems are for casual computer users.
Zukaro
#92519601Saturday, March 23, 2013 12:52 AM GMT

"Lets face it. Proprietary operating systems are for casual computer users." Ubuntu 12.10 is pretty easy to use. I actually put it on my dad's computer and he seems to be fine on it. And my dad is one of those people who knows absolutely nothing whatsoever about computers. He knows less than a casual computer user knows about them.

chevron_leftchevron_leftchevron_left
    of     2