of     6   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

xwk
#101814827Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:21 AM GMT

-Introduction- There is much room for improvement in current moderation on ROBLOX, but let's start with a couple minor details that make a big difference. In this post I will suggest a couple of my concerns and revisions towards ban notices, appeals, and termination of accounts. -Ban Notices- The format of ban notices are old, and outdated. They have been using automatic moderation notes, and they don't always do the trick. Recently, there was an update to the moderation notes, one that I feel was made under my influence on another account. This update, was a revision to the current pre-typed moderation notes, making a couple new ones, but mostly just substituting out periods with exclamation marks. I don't know exactly how moderators fill out ban notices, but I have an idea, frankly from being banned countless times. --hundreds, actually, giving me the best perspective Moderation note>Reason>Suspension Length Remove either moderation notes, or the "Reason". There only needs to be one. I'd suggest removing the reason category. Mostly, because from what I can tell, the default selection for the Reason is "Inappropriate", which doesn't always apply. I point this out, because many, many times, it is left on Inappropriate because the moderators are too lazy to change it to the correct category. --either that, or there isn't a correct category listed. Add many more pre-typed messages into the system to better explain to the individual user why their content was against the rules. You know, as moderators, which rules are often broken but don't have a pre-typed moderation note for it, but I'll list a few if you just want to copy and paste. Do not spam. Do not attempt to scam other users. Do not use misleading titles/thumbnails. Don't be rude to other users. Do not post offsite links. Do not personal attack users. Do not post inappropriate content. Do not ask for personal information. Specifically for reminders: Do not give out personal information. Do not give out your pw. --spell out in ban notice There is no way to receive free virtual currency on ROBLOX through spam. -Appeal System- The first thing I notice, when looking at the automatic message is the time length it says it may take for an appeal to be reviewed. Up to 72 hours, if memory serves. For 1 and 3 day suspensions, there really isn't much point to appealing with this system, because by then the suspension has already been fulfilled. Appeals should be categorized by the time the suspension ends, and the ones that end sooner should be reviewed sooner than the rest. Secondly, I notice that after a couple weeks, appeals are impossible. I do not agree with this, because I've personally been on vacations for over a month, ones in other countries where free wifi was not available. There should be no number of days, bans should be able to be reviewed no matter how long it's been. And lastly, the dreaded automatic messages for when you're account is not reactivated. It is OK the first 2 or so times, but after a while, a person will lose faith that there actually is an appeal team that checks each ban. If it is not too time consuming, some replies to appeals should be genuinely typed. Because users do want to know why, specifically, they aren't appealed. -Termination- I've been terminated/deleted a couple dozen times, and in that, I've found a flaw. Many times, users are deleted not based on how severe the act they committed was, but based on their current moderation history. I say, do away with that way of thinking. Reserve termination for serious offenders and not for repeat offenders. By serious offenses, I mean scamming and hacking, and maybe one or two other things. Spamming and inappropriate language should be seen as less serious, and not a reason for deletion. Instead, there should be new time spans added for suspensions, they are as follows: -1 Month -3 Month -6 Month -12 Month/1 Year This may be to your surprise, or it may not, but usually after users are deleted, even poisoned, they don't quit. They make a new account, and they continue playing for even 5 years more. For this reason, especially since users are young now, and deserve forgiveness as they mature, I believe these new time spans should nicely substitute in for deletion concerning less serious offenses. Therefore, accounts that have been terminated for 1+ years should be able to be appealed, and reactivated if it isn't a serious offense. --Which means, even if they deserved to be banned, their time frame is well served because it is over the duration for less serious offenses that I have suggested. Sincerely, A friend.
Ariaxs
#101815546Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:32 AM GMT

Well said my friend. Support.
iKaaat
#101816221Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:43 AM GMT

Wow. This is beautiful. Support.
JacobDeathshard
#101816295Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:45 AM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
spink00
#101816626Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:50 AM GMT

Support. aka once got banned for 7 days for spamming yet someone that destroyed 5 servers got the same amount
xwk
#101822281Wednesday, June 19, 2013 8:58 AM GMT

Bump.
xwk
#101847180Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:23 PM GMT

Bump.
GwenTheWelshGal
#101847886Wednesday, June 19, 2013 4:29 PM GMT

Support...
xwk
#101871204Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:53 PM GMT

Bump.
xwk
#101887453Wednesday, June 19, 2013 9:58 PM GMT

Bump.
xwk
#101935213Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:00 AM GMT

Bump.
rainbows
#101938003Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:33 AM GMT

support
rainbows
#101938745Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:44 AM GMT

i give yo idea 10/10
BrendonTheWizard
#101939006Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:48 AM GMT

Support. I got banned for a day for "invasion of privacy" when the message was "Hey, this is a great game, could you add VIP?" and I got banned for a week for "scamming" when I made a ROBLOX Fan Site using Wix.com (I think that's the site name) and posted a link to it on a comment section. The admin system has been pretty corrupt. I get banned for talking about internet memes, and sometimes for using the :3 emoticon.
TheHiddenHat
#101939059Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:49 AM GMT

Support.
TazMan12
#101939215Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:52 AM GMT

Support "If you want peace prepare for war"
BrendonTheWizard
#101939265Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:52 AM GMT

These are all genius statements and absolutely true. My friend got banned for a day when a game broke and he said "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO" What on EARTH is the point of giving a TWENTY FOUR HOUR ban for that?!?! Why do people get long-term bans not relative at ALL to what the offense was, but rather how many offenses there was even when none of them can even be CONSIDERED bad?
Grapix
#101939476Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:56 AM GMT

Ultimate support, I was Account Deleted because of spamming as I said, "Stop saying R.I.P Eric" a couple of times.
BrendonTheWizard
#101939564Thursday, June 20, 2013 5:57 AM GMT

@Grapix, I can see why though. Erik Cassel was the ROBLOX admin who contributed probably more than any other, he was a co-founder, and this year he died of stage four cancer.
xwk
#101939753Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:01 AM GMT

Colorful, I agree, but I would say that even though it was a sensitive topic, and it was spam, it is less serious than hacking the site or scamming people out their accounts. Therefore, not a good reason for deletion. --As referenced in the original post.
xwk
#101939850Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:03 AM GMT

Wouldn't you say it would be more fair he was banned for a month, rather than forever?
BrendonTheWizard
#101939869Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:03 AM GMT

Absolutely
Billoco
#101942459Thursday, June 20, 2013 6:53 AM GMT

If the Roblox admins ban anyone who posted on this thread or delete this said thread, they are turning into the, nah never mind. Anyway, support, I once got banned on an alt for "being rude to other people" when all I did was talk to this guy for cheating in a game.
xwk
#101944100Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:24 AM GMT

Bump.
nvivn
#101949044Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:23 AM GMT

got deleted once due to typos on shirt and i sometimes not put the r accidentally

of     6   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right