of     1   

tamoti
#102871925Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:45 PM GMT

NPC's are supposed to be scriptable but yet I've never seen a good NPC, only in the TMNT game made by roblox self I've seen good NPC's to fight against. So I suggest Roblox makes a number of NPC's (with custom mesh appearance) that are most likely to occur (birds, fish, dogs and cats) that could be very usefull in RPG, adventure and town and city games. And spiders, zombies, dinosaurs, aliens that could be very usefull in horror!, medieval, adventure and sci-fi games. Roblox could add to the NPC collection from time to time (some of the characters are free and some more advanced can cost money). The NPC's don't only have a special mesh appearance but also a number of possible animations, different animations depending on the character offcourse. Also the already existing NPC's (skeletons, knights,... ) get more (or better) animations. Scripting will still be necessary, but it gets easier. Also basic movement/attack scripts could be available. I'm tired of horror/action games that are actually pretty good until you see the "monster" you need to fight, who doesn't look scary or good and just kinda floats towards you falling through the floor even before they reach you (if they move at all). TL;TD -> Some custom NPC's (peaceful and harmfull) made by Roblox (available for free or at cost) with mesh appearance and good (fluid) animation.
Varaxos
#102872655Wednesday, June 26, 2013 12:57 PM GMT

No support. SCRIPT YOUR OWN.
tamoti
#102873408Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:09 PM GMT

@ Zerito : I dare you to name one good looking scripted NPC (not made by Roblox) with realistic/good animations and movement. Instead of creating numerous different useless hat meshes, I would like to see some more models created by Roblox that could get sold and might actually benefit the roblox gameplay. Starting with NPC's.
Varaxos
#102874043Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:19 PM GMT

Go to Dungeon Delvers. Look at the blacksmith pounding with his hammer on the anvil. You tell me that's not realistic?
tamoti
#102875849Wednesday, June 26, 2013 1:43 PM GMT

Dungeon Delvers uses skeleton meshes and other character meshes, what to do when you want a fluid moving giant spider as NPC or bear, bird, dinosaur, shark,... . Also would you be able to create a blacksmith like in Dungeon Delvers? The realistic blacksmith is only possible because of the meshes and animations provided by Roblox, now my suggestion is that they extend those meshes and animation possibilities with some animals and monsters. Available for a wider audience and not just the script wizards who have awesome games that unfortunately never seem to appear on the first page for some reason.
Varaxos
#102877327Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:01 PM GMT

Well if you want it to be to a "wider audience" -- people have already made animation tools.
tamoti
#102878606Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:16 PM GMT

It's not just about the animations on already existing Robloxian 2.0 like characters. that's the least important part of my suggestion. I especially mean more MOVEABLE character meshes (static meshes like sharks and squids already exist, but animations on static items are impossible) with different build and movement than Robloxians -> animals and monsters. As an EXTRA Roblox can provide some basic animations on the new characters. (Like they did on the existing Robloxian 2.0 like characters)
sassle12
#102882558Wednesday, June 26, 2013 2:58 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
jaceyjace
#102883429Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:08 PM GMT

Support. Newbie builders could have a NPC set. @sassle12 Jump in deep before you respond.
sassle12
#102883690Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:11 PM GMT

^Sure thing, should be easier for me than you.
ChocolateKnight
#102883989Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:14 PM GMT

I hate when people lazily reply "umg just skreept ur own u noob". It makes people think that they can do it.
popularfire
#102888781Wednesday, June 26, 2013 3:59 PM GMT

Yeah, TMNT characters are also meshes... that move.
tamoti
#102890475Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:14 PM GMT

Indeed, meshes with animations that can move and are created by Roblox. Users can make animations but not meshes. The MTNT characters looked kind of advanced (different than the Robloxian 2.0 type, they where taller if I remember correctly). They can move because all of their limbs are separate and have a possibility to animate. While the existing squid and shark meshes are completely static, and you might be able to let them move from position a to position b, but not to open and close the jaws (for example). I don't think this would only be good for newbie creators, I think it would benefit advanced scripters too, who might want something like a scary/realistic eight legged monster in their game. Something that today would be nearly impossible to do, even for an advanced builder/scripter.
mpo9
#102891955Wednesday, June 26, 2013 4:27 PM GMT

The bot at SCAI Bot Brickbattle are good.
tamoti
#102896396Wednesday, June 26, 2013 5:05 PM GMT

I should have called this thread "Animal and monster NPC's" Oh well ... bumpty bump.

of     1