of     6   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

ShakeNBake224
#104766361Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:29 PM GMT

Hello, my name is Shake. Okay, let' get going. Now, I wanna talk about how ROBLOX isn't for children and the reasons that come with it. ROBLOX, in my opinion isn't entirely made for children. As examples, there are... Games with Guns, Obbys that include "Who Murdered...", Obbys that include a death scene with blood and a corpse, violence, innapropiate games that are forged with innapropiate models, blah. And yet, ROBLOX doesn't really do anything about it. They just worry about the small things. Like the graphics, site theme, and whitelist. When they should be worrying about the big things such as.... The Community, The Games, S & I (I think we're being lied to about the "We're listening!"), and Spam. Okay, aside from that. I shall state the reasons. Reason I - ROBLOX allows games with guns Guns are typically innapropiate for children's eyeballs. ROBLOX allows games with guns and for children to play. For some reason, I can't really explain why guns are bad for kids, but here is my best explaination. Explaination : Guns are used to kill others, to harm others. Which leads to violence, which parents don't want their children to be involved in. Reason II - Some obbys.... Some obbys include the word "murder." Which again, is violence. Bloody violence, which again parents don't want for their children to be involved in. Some even put corpses with blood, some put the picture of the victim as a representation for the game. Such as Spongebob, which is the protagonist of a G-Rated show. Reason III - Innapropiate Exploits Exploiters still lurk in ROBLOX, and sometimes they exploit pictures, scripts, or models. That is 18+. Obvious that I would put that reason here. Reason IV - Melee Combat There are models existing that simulate the violent use of blades and fists. Emphasizing violence. Okay, I'm ending it off here. Due to running out of reasons. Ermahgerd. Bai.
Moosicitzy
#104767400Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:37 PM GMT

You did list some solid reasons. But, hey, the parents should be moderating what the kids do online.
RyanAnthonyMullen
#104767801Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:40 PM GMT

I think there should be a section for childrens games, that way our siblings aren't viewing disgusting stuff like that. leave that to us bro. ~themoreyouknow~
ShakeNBake224
#104768112Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:43 PM GMT

What about kids lying about their age?
ShakeNBake224
#104768288Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:44 PM GMT

Music, I have no words to say right now.... I'll be back.
marblemaster
#104768480Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:46 PM GMT

So you think Video games cause violence?
R3geBiscuit
#104768870Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:49 PM GMT

To be honest, the internet isn't for kids. In my view, kids should be at least 10 or so before even being introduced to the internet as freely as many children are today. However, Roblox is somewhat more kid-orientated than most of the content you come across these days anyhow.
Tappier
#104769081Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:51 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
Espithel
#104769562Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:56 PM GMT

R3ge: the goverment demands you're 13 before you can socialize on the internet. So yeah... Also, ever noticed your name is actually rege and not rage? Should have tried r4ge. :/ @OP: All your points are not roblox's fault; they're the fault of people who use roblox. ¬_¬ I believe that roblox is moving away from the child-based roblox and into teenage audiences, so it doesn't really matter anyway.
ShakeNBake224
#104769575Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:56 PM GMT

Marble, this isn't a video-game. It's a site where people play other people's games... Well, technically. I'm not saying that, some games are educational. And Tappier, I'm not a hippy. I'm just concerned about the future of children. Also, what is a hippy... I never had the interest to read the defenition.
Espithel
#104769818Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:58 PM GMT

A hippy- A hipster. Someone who doesn't want to be mainstream and wants to be unique and different. I'm kinda hipster. >:3 Although, if you're concerned for the future of children on roblox, don't be. Because this is thier future: Byebye.
marblemaster
#104769898Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:58 PM GMT

First off, no kid is going to go out and buy a gun because "I saw it on roblox!" and secondly, I, along with thousands of other users shouldn't have to lose our favorite ROBLOX games because "they're not appropriate for the children!!!!" Thirdly, ROBLOX is a game engine, true, but when you look at it from a more subjective standpoint, it's a video game.
Espithel
#104770011Tuesday, July 09, 2013 4:59 PM GMT

:O "when you look at it from a more subjective standpoint, it's a video game." That's piqued my interest, marble. Do please tell me what this subjective standpoint is.
marblemaster
#104770124Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:00 PM GMT

The standpoint where the name of the game is to build your dreamworld, ROBLOX is a sandbox game, much like Minecraft
shadowkingplayer
#104770319Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:02 PM GMT

Oh my god. This guy is one of those people that think video games are the reason we have violence. Because we had peace and harmony before video games right? The only things in here should be your II and III reason along with the community.
ROBLOXt9
#104770497Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:04 PM GMT

They made the catalog guns 13+ ok, guys? That means that they don't want anybody younger than 13 being able to "buy a gun" from the catalog. This makes absolutely no sense because you can "buy" guns in Base wars, the most popular game on ROBLOX. I agree with everything you said, shake. Obstacle courses with murder scenes, replications of games like CoD, stuff like that isn't for kids. ~The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
ROBLOXt9
#104770551Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:04 PM GMT

@Shadow, we're not saying that, we're annoyed at ROBLOX because ROBLOX keeps saying that this is a kid- friendly site when it really isn't. ~The inner machinations of my mind are an enigma
marblemaster
#104770645Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:05 PM GMT

@robloxt Kid friendly areas in this site exist Therefore it is kid friendly
Espithel
#104770862Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:07 PM GMT

:/ @Robloxt: When was the last time it said it was child-friendly? It's getting less and less frequent. PLUS it's lost its trustE badge (apparantly) PLUSPLUS it's making more teenage vibes. PLUSPLUSPLUS it's moving towards very complex building mechanics. (There's this blogpost I saw very early 2013 where they said they were making roblox a professional game engine.) They're moving away from children. They're going towards teenagers. It's visible.
Teslarossa
#104771214Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:11 PM GMT

And what about constant kids posting flameful posts on my threads? They say this: "no" "get out" "noob" I now realised that these quotes mimic the examples in the worldwide forum rules thread, which would violate their account. The problem is, what do I say in the report abuse text box to avoid myself getting banned for "false report"? I'm not being a moron here. I'm just hopelessly confused.
RubiksCubix
#104771326Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:12 PM GMT

There is a board game, called 'Clue', involving a murder mystery. Young kids often play it. I read the 'Hardy Boys' and my sister read 'Nancy Drew' in sixth grade. These were both murder mysteries. Boys, will always play way. Children in general--but ESPECIALLY boys. It is a natural part of male psychology.
Espithel
#104771843Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:16 PM GMT

@Eox: You don't. Saying "No, get out, noob", etcetera, is considered a minor insult by roblox. You can't get banned for minor insults. You need a far stronger insult to be banned for it. Each forum has unique rules, as well. You're supposed to suck it up really. If you want to go ahead, though: Try mean behaviour.
RubiksCubix
#104771898Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:16 PM GMT

*war
magicalandre13
#104772419Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:20 PM GMT

I agree.
Teslarossa
#104772434Tuesday, July 09, 2013 5:20 PM GMT

Bad behaviour? No way.

of     6   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right