of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

Demetreous
#105782632Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:02 PM GMT

My apologies for the grammatically-incorrect title... Here we go... --- *Introduction* So, to explain the relevance of the following suggestions...I need to give you a Real Life Scenario. Ah, I know the perfect one! I'm sure you've probably attended a basketball/football/some other sporting event or a concert in your life. Well, you know how they sell merchandise EXCLUSIVE to that event that only the people there are able to purchase? Well, I believe ROBLOX should try to replicate the idea of items that are EXCLUSIVE to your game. --- *Suggestion* ROBLOX should add a new option to the drop down menu on your game page (you know, the one that has the "Configure," "Advertise," "Create Badge," and "Create Game Pass" options...). This option will be "Create Game Item." From here, the player will be directed to a page full of suboptions. These are "Create Shirt," "Create Pants," and "Add Model." The options for creating a shirt or pants are self-explanatory, you download a template + edit it + upload it and wait for it to be approved... However, let me go more in depth on the "Add Model" suboption. When you select this option, you will be guided to a drop-down menu of all your available models to add. How do you make one your models able to be added? I'll get to that in a moment. But once you select a model to be added, you simply select save, and it is added to your Game Items. Once an item is added to this, it will appear under a section on the games page, titled "Merchandise." *Going back to models...* When publishing a newly created model to ROBLOX, you will have a checkbox titled "Game Item." Clicking this will disable your ability to add it to the public domain, and it will NOT be visible in your inventory. The item can be visible ONLY from the page of the game you add it to. *Continuing* Now, as aforementioned, any items added to your Game Items will be visible ONLY on the page of the game you have added them to. From their page, the user who created them has the ability to go to their configuration settings and select to option to sell them for free/for a price. Why so much hassle for just ending up at the same set of options as we always have when selling an item, you may ask? Well... the only people able to purchase/take these items are those who have already played the game they are attached to. How will this work? Well, ROBLOX already demonstrated their ability to detect if a user has played a game or not, via the "Thumbs Up/Down" feature that will prevent you from being able to rate if you have not played the game... If you have NOT played the game, the Buy/Take button will be greyed out, and a "You Must First Play the Game Before You Can Buy Its Merchandise" message will be displayed. These items can also be purchased in-game, using the recently created Marketplace Service that we all know and love, getting the link for the item from the game's page of course. Considering this can detect if you have enough Robux/tix, if you already have the item, or if it is off sale... I would think it would also carry on the "You Must First Play the Game Before You Can Buy Its Merchandise" message, if you haven't played the game. --- *Sub-Suggestion* A feature that automatically adds a free Game Item to the visiting user's inventory. It wouldn't work for items that charge. But for things such as models, they could be an automatically added souvenir. If this is added, an option will be given to a user to enable/disable automatic Game Item-receiving by default. --- *Uses!* Well, if you combine this with the Paid Access Feature (Making Game Items for a game one has to pay in order to play), these items begin to gain some value. Perhaps in the future, upon the deletion of the game/removal of the Paid Access on the game, the shirts/pants could become limited. Of course, that is only an idea and not exactly a suggestion I am making at this item. But the point is, merchandise would be a great motivation to play certain Paid Access games, along with the notoriety of the game itself of course. These could also be used for non Paid Access games. Perhaps as a memento for visiting a person's game (talking about the Sub-Suggestion here). --- *Example* Jack has a football team-oriented group (one that has gained a HUGE ROBLOXian following). He releases a gigantic, quality football stadium. This game is Paid Access. George pays the price, and enters the game. He purchases his favorite team's jersey as a souvenir of the game that was going on. His friend compliments him on this jersey, and envies him for being able to afford the price for playing that game. --- Questions/Comments/Concerns are of course welcome! ~Demetreous
Demetreous
#105782833Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:04 PM GMT

Oh, I just thought of a second example. Perhaps ROBLOX uses this feature to create an in-game RGC/BLOXcon. ~Demetreous
grantox
#105783544Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:11 PM GMT

Selling models will lead to people copying it and selling it for free.
Demetreous
#105785458Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:28 PM GMT

@Grant You need to explain further... In order for someone to copy a model, they'd have to exploit it from inside the game. If it is a good game made for people who are a bit richer in terms of ROBLOXian currency (and priced rather high to play), I highly doubt that is going to occur. Now, unless you are referring to someone who owns the model, goes into studio, copies the model, and adds it to their personal inventory to do whatever they wish with it... In that case, possibly... However, think of it like real life merchandise. You know when something is a genuine, official item as opposed to when it is a knockoff. In this sense, you'd be referring to someone producing a knockoff. The actual item that this has been copied from will show what game it belongs to, and the knockoff will not as it is not the actual item anymore. Selling models was not the suggestion/among the suggestions. The point is that people can only "Take" the model, but only if they have played the game. ~Demetreous
TypicalType
#105785642Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:30 PM GMT

I guess.
Demetreous
#105787583Wednesday, July 17, 2013 5:48 PM GMT

Thank you, featty! c:
Demetreous
#105790339Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:14 PM GMT

Bump.
Amethyst301
#105792931Wednesday, July 17, 2013 6:36 PM GMT

Well, it seems like this would be a good idea....I'm not familiar enough with the way the games work to give any feedback other than this though... Hehe.
Demetreous
#105797133Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:07 PM GMT

Well, thanks anyway, Ame. c:
blocco
#105797290Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:08 PM GMT

You can program this kind of stuff yourself, bro.
Demetreous
#105797688Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:11 PM GMT

@Blocco Not exactly... Did you actually read what the suggestion was, or just reply after reading the title? It involves adding an option to the ROBLOX game page options, which I cannot do... So, no. I cannot program this kind of stuff, myself..."bro." ~Demetreous
Demetreous
#105799411Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:25 PM GMT

Bump.
Lukekneenew
#105803222Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:53 PM GMT

I read some of it, and I support.
Demetreous
#105803465Wednesday, July 17, 2013 7:55 PM GMT

Thank you for the honesty, and thank you Luke. c:
Jackudy3
#105804611Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:04 PM GMT

I like this very much. It is well explained and is clearly not all about personal gain. #Support. Keep posting, you are making the forums a better place! ~ Bigger. Better. More absorbent. ~
Demetreous
#105804811Wednesday, July 17, 2013 8:05 PM GMT

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, Jack! c: I just want to make the most of ROBLOX's features.
Demetreous
#105818663Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:46 PM GMT

The Bump.
kerrets
#105818966Wednesday, July 17, 2013 9:48 PM GMT

Well, isn't this what the game pass is for? Honestly, I didn't read it. ~Lefty13/Backfiring, add 3.8k to my post count.
Demetreous
#105825058Wednesday, July 17, 2013 10:31 PM GMT

Erm...
Maplea
#105828843Wednesday, July 17, 2013 11:01 PM GMT

Support. Sounds like a cool idea.
padam11
#105830155Wednesday, July 17, 2013 11:11 PM GMT

I didn't get this idea sorry! what is the tl;dr version?
Novince15
#105871217Thursday, July 18, 2013 4:47 AM GMT

I like it.
Demetreous
#105947317Thursday, July 18, 2013 8:32 PM GMT

Bump
Demetreous
#105962065Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:31 PM GMT

Evening bump!
Naess
#105962626Thursday, July 18, 2013 10:36 PM GMT

I bump your bump? ~I r teh lol~