of     1   

LittleL0L
#108040652Friday, August 02, 2013 12:38 PM GMT

I've seen many popular games that have been around Roblox for days and even months in the Games page by some famous builders witch is actually good and some of them were really fun! But I've also notice other games that weren't "Official" witch what you guys might know what I truly mean by that: Copying games! Yes I know, I've seen many games that were copied from other creators just like jaredvaldez4, he's been coping games from other people since he was on Roblox (he's already IP banned for account selling) Now, let's get through my idea and I'll show you how this actually works: 1: Name Category: Some of you guys might be simply thinking "copying" witch is not what you guys really want to be added, what I want the category to be named is: Copyright Infringement. Some of you might ask: What is Copyright infringement? Well, Copyright infringement is described as using work under copyright, infringing the copyright holder's exclusive rights, such as the right to reproduce, distribute, display or perform the copyrighted work, or to make derivative works, without permission from the copyright holder, which is typically a publisher or other business representing or assigned by the work's creator. It always depends on what type of work is, for example if you're distributing a free, public, non-profit game compressed into a torrent file and by uploading it somewhere else, it's not a big deal about Copyright Infringement BUT if you do distribute a game/software that's sells with a price (known as for-profit) and by uploading this for FREE, this can be a very big deal about Copyright Infringementation witch can be illegal! The best thing to prevent Copyright Infringement is to ask permission first, or even by creating by your own! 2: How it works: I'm going to take me as a example if I find one of my games copied, so I'm at the Games page and I notice that one of my games that have been copied! What I'm going to do is: Report Abuse>Select a category>Copyright Infringement And now what I can actually do is paste a link of my original game in the comment box and explain more about the problem, once that finished I simply send this report. Simple right? :D 3: More information about this new category: First of all, this new category can only be working on Places (otherwise known as games) and of course not models/decals, those kind of items are completely FREE! So yeah guys that's all for my idea! Let me know what you guys think about this idea below! I will appreciate it if you guys support this thread :D Thanks for reading! :D -LittleL0L
horsesteppin
#108040889Friday, August 02, 2013 12:43 PM GMT

I disagree, unless someone is exploiting and "Stealing" a place, if one who owns the place decides to make there game uncopylocked, everyone has the right to take it and make it to be there own place, I'd think of it like this: If the place is copylocked, and stolen thats like the place having a copyright and someone breaking that rule and taking it, While if the place is uncopylocked, there is no copyright on it, anyone can feel free to take it and make it your own game.
BrendonTheWizard
#108041541Friday, August 02, 2013 12:56 PM GMT

Why isn't there a category for "Spam" That should be added.
BrendonTheWizard
#108041628Friday, August 02, 2013 12:57 PM GMT

I support, but Copyright Infringement wouldn't be considerable unless the original game is NOT uncopylocked, or if a user hijacked their account just to make it uncopylocked.
Treticle
#108042268Friday, August 02, 2013 1:07 PM GMT

Support, but to ColorfulBrendon's ideals :L Uncopylocked places should just not have the option altogether, because by uncopylocking your place, you remove proper ownership of anything you created within it.
LittleL0L
#108042368Friday, August 02, 2013 1:09 PM GMT

Well guys if a game is uncopylocked, it's the creator's problem, so it can't be reported as copyright.
LittleL0L
#112602920Monday, September 09, 2013 9:58 PM GMT

That's embarrassing, this is just so quiet D:
LittleL0L
#112972952Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:36 PM GMT

Anyone? No? Ok.
brightstorm603
#112975216Saturday, September 14, 2013 3:59 PM GMT

No support. Here's why: You don't legally own your ROBLOX game. Taking places and building off them is apart of what ROBLOX is.
LittleL0L
#113030258Sunday, September 15, 2013 12:48 AM GMT

Yeah but if you spend 4 months working on a survival game and someone else stoles it, you simply let that in public? It's very important for those who have those kinds of problem.
Danieltck
#113044916Sunday, September 15, 2013 3:10 AM GMT

bump
LittleL0L
#113359204Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:42 AM GMT

Meh, still quiet ._.
civilizationfreak
#113360116Thursday, September 19, 2013 12:50 AM GMT

sorry no support see the problem is that it'd be kinda murky for determining who "made it first" it should be reportable to make games with misleading thumbnails and titles, though
EpicAmerican
#113363740Thursday, September 19, 2013 1:25 AM GMT

no just no are you seriously that stupid
Cav33
#113370476Thursday, September 19, 2013 2:36 AM GMT

Hmm...I was looking into the Terms and Conditions of Roblox and this is what I found: "ROBLOX respects the intellectual property rights of others and we ask our users to do the same. ROBLOX complies with all applicable provisions of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. If you believe your copyrighted material and/or any of your other intellectual property has been copied on our Site, please notify ROBLOX’s copyright agent..." So that means as long as you copyright your Roblox creations then it will be illegal for other users to copy, even if it is uncopylocked (as there is such thing as a copyrighted tool for studio).
TheShaun
#113384050Thursday, September 19, 2013 10:10 AM GMT

The idea wouldn't work due to the easy ways around it. The "who made it first" thing someone mentioned would not be an issue. The first to show possession(ie uploading it to Roblox) would be considered the owner of the work, regardless of whether another person made it. Cause there is no proof who actually did the work. One way around it is the game thief can claim that the owner originally gave them permission to copy the game and is now saying that they didn't because they are no longer friends with the accused thief. And it is completely possible that a "troll" could give someone permission to copy their game just so they can call them a thief and get them banned for fun. Some might say that written proof is needed to verify that permission was given to copy the game but 95% of Roblox users are kids too young to understand the law on how permissions for copyrighted materials work. We can't expect young children to be fully aware of the complex variables of laws. Their mind isn't developed enough to properly process such information. The other way is the game thief can change enough details so that it no longer matches copyright infringement guidelines. Basically the same way people make "spoofs" of copyrighted material. I am sure all of you have seen at least one "spoof" movie(ie "Scary Movie", "Meet the Spartans", "Hot Shots", "Austin Powers").
LittleL0L
#113473822Friday, September 20, 2013 8:29 PM GMT

@EpicAmerican So I guess you're a fan of jaredvaldez4? Deal with it.
LittleL0L
#113473958Friday, September 20, 2013 8:31 PM GMT

@TheShaun I understand that this idea could become a bigger problem for the owners, but if the place is uncopy-locked, it's the owner's problem witch means you can claim your own as well.
TheShaun
#113506803Saturday, September 21, 2013 2:14 AM GMT

Yeah but this is about owners that don't want their game copied and never uncopylock it.
LittleL0L
#113655444Sunday, September 22, 2013 1:11 PM GMT

It's like YouTube: Once you upload a video, it's now part of YouTube but if someone else downloads it and uploads it back on their YouTube channel, the owner can take it down as well.
LittleL0L
#116567291Sunday, October 27, 2013 4:06 PM GMT

Bump.

of     1