of     1   

Vexedly
#113229844Tuesday, September 17, 2013 2:21 AM GMT

Some preformed player model that scripters can program to move around from place to place, and even use as computer-controlled opponents. .:| Out with the new, in with the old! |:.
Recruitsoldier
#113230199Tuesday, September 17, 2013 2:25 AM GMT

Script them - that's what this game's about.
Vexedly
#113231210Tuesday, September 17, 2013 2:37 AM GMT

No, you don't understand. I moving NPC would be next to impossible to script for an average player. I'm talking with all of a Robloxian's physics and moving capabilities. .:| Out with the new, in with the old! |:.
Recruitsoldier
#113231771Tuesday, September 17, 2013 2:42 AM GMT

Trust me, I understand that. But ROBLOX's way of things isn't to produce everything for the players. That's how most games work, and ROBLOX is trying a different approach. Their ideal would be for us to make the game. It sounds rather corny, I'll admit - but that's how it is. Scripting among players has gone uphill since the beginning for certain. Games like Apocalypse Rising have really shown what something with a strong programming ability is capable of doing. And, I do believe Apocalypse's zombies would count as NPCs. Not particularly intelligent as of yet, but certainly making a ton of progress in that direction. Perhaps some sort of compromise could be made: ROBLOX could maybe create a very basic NPC for everyone to work with, but the NPC's actual intelligence would have to be limited to the scripter's ability alone. However, I would certainly not agree to complex models of intelligent AIs, premade for anyone who wants to make a game involving CPUs. Have you tried sncplay42's AI games? Those NPCs are already beginning to resemble what appears to be human-like thinking.
Vexedly
#113232317Tuesday, September 17, 2013 2:48 AM GMT

Whoa, that's pretty cool. .:| Out with the new, in with the old! |:.
ragemagick
#113235179Tuesday, September 17, 2013 3:30 AM GMT

@Recruitsoldier I agree with everything you just said. I only made this post to commend your logic. Nice work. Kudos to you.

of     1