of     1   

A_path
#120083419Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:05 AM GMT

Chapter 1 “Get ready soldiers!” Shouted the commander, “We’re entering enemy territory, get your parachutes ready!” The five soldiers and their commander got ready. The war had already begun, and they are already losing. The opposing team had captured two of the three bases, and the five soldiers and the commander, otherwise known by their codename, Troop 13, were entering one of the bases; South-east of their base. The red light blinked, and an alarm rang. “Ready soldiers? One by one, we jump off!” Said the commander. One soldier asked another one. “Hey, you scared?” “Yeah. Why can’t one be scared when they are entering a war, leaving their families behind?” Replied the other soldier. The soldier took notice that his comrade was shaking. “Hey, what’s your name?” Asked the soldier. “Harry Whitetone, codename Panther13.” Replied the soldier. “I’m Eddie Time, codename Leopard13.” Replied Eddie. Harry looked over to his other comrade, he was breathing heavily. “Don’t worry, it’s going to be alright.” Said Harry. “Huh?” Asked the soldier, taking notice of Harry. “Oh, uh… Yeah… I know, yet, I’m scared.” “I’m scared too… What’s your name?” “Nick Martins, codename Hawk13.” “Alright, see you at the battlefield.” Nick then took notice of the other two. “Hey, you two, ya’ scared?” The two looked at Nick. “Yes, we are.” “What’s your names?” “We’re twins. Mine’s Brad, he’s Tom. Codenames Python13 and Lion13 respectively.” The soldiers, having known themselves, felt a little relieved that they were all on the same boat. Suddenly, the back door of the plane began to open. Sunlight entered the plane, the soldier’s hearts started racing and thumping hard. “Ready guys? Let’s go!” Thundered the commander, “Let’s move, move, move! Go, go, go!” The five soldiers stood up, they all said good luck to each other. The two twins were the first to jump off the plane; the two just stood at the edge of the plane. “Jump you fools, jump! We have no time!” Commanded the commander. The two took a deep breath, and held each other’s hands, and jumped out. The next one was Nick, he too, took a deep breath, and made a jump for it. “See ya’ downstairs!” He screamed as he leapt. After Nick was Harry. “Oh gosh…” He said to himself. “God please be with me!” And with that, he too, jumped out of the plane. After Harry was Eddie and the commander. Eddie took some time taking deep breaths, he looked at the sun which just rose, and then took a look down. “Is it going to take you a year to jump or no? JUMP NOW!” Thundered the commander. “Oh sure.” Said Eddie. He took a deep, deep breath. And he leapt, followed by the bossy commander. “Woohoo!” Screamed Eddie, doing back-flips in mid-air. End of Chapter 1 Just a confirmation: This is not the novel I wrote for NaNo. The novel which I wrote was much crappier.
timpookie
#120083539Thursday, December 12, 2013 10:13 AM GMT

Nice work, Apath! This is the last day before the Bannanachair goes extinct!
swiftattak7
#120085133Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:56 AM GMT

Nice story, Apath, a little unrealistic but I enjoyed it.
Kisila
#120085175Thursday, December 12, 2013 11:58 AM GMT

yay a fellow wrimo
A_path
#120087523Thursday, December 12, 2013 1:55 PM GMT

Oyus. Here's Chapter 2... Already... Chapter 2 One by one, the soldiers safely landed under the cover of some trees and hills. They were thankfully not spotted. “Right!” Said the commander, “Get your weapons ready, get your walkie-talkie ready. We are going into battle!” “Yay…” Said a sarcastic Nick. “This is no child’s play, fool!” The soldiers got their weapons ready, all six of them were prepared. “Panther13, go check that hill over there, check for enemies and give us a clue of where the enemy base would be.” Said the commander. “Roger that.” Harry tightened his helmet, he walked towards the hill, and climbed it. He got to the pinnacle, and took out his binoculars. He examined the battlefield, there were enemies on the other side of the hill, and the base was a few kilometers from Harry. Though there were a lot of enemy jets above. He ran back to the party, and informed the news. “The base is just a few kilometers South from here, there are a few enemy jets and a few enemies on the other side of this hill.” “Alright, let’s go around the hill then.” Commanded the commander. The troop ran around the hill, knowing that they don’t have much time left. The war would end on that day, and on this rate, they’d lose. They somehow found a way around, and successfully avoided the enemies. “Good work team.” Said the commander via walkie-talkie. The troop then kept running towards the base, but then another problem arose. There were five other enemies a few yards away. However the enemies didn’t took notice. “Halt!” Said the commander, “Quick! Lie down!” The troop obeyed, and lied down on the ground. They had some cover behind some bushes. “Hawk13, get your sniper.” Whispered the commander. “Roger.” Nick took his sniper, and aimed at the enemies. “Be careful, they should have no thoughts that we are here.” Whispered the commander. Nick taking the advice from the commander, and remembering what he had learned at camp, took a look at the scope, and aimed at his enemies. “Steady… Steady…” He said to himself. His heart pounded, he was terrified. He aimed, and he pulled the trigger. Bam! Headshot on one of the enemies. “Nice!” Said Eddie. “Don’t distract him!” Ordered the commander. He aimed again, and pulled the trigger. Bam! Not a headshot, but still a kill. “Two down, three to go.” Said the commander. He aimed again, and took notice that the other three had some doubts that an enemy was in the whereabouts. “I have a bad feeling about this…” He said to his comrades. He tried to keep his head clear, and again aimed. He pulled the trigger, but sadly he missed. “Uh oh.” He said. He took a look through the scope, and noticed one enemy sliding down the hill where the enemies were on. “Incoming…” he whispered. Nick tried again… Bam! Right at the heart… But that also triggered the other two to come down the hill. “Crap! I need to reload!” He said. “Hold on, I’ll shoot some.” Said Brad. Brad took out his MP40, and aimed at the targets. He shot a few rounds, and took out one enemy, and wounding the other, giving enough time for Nick to reload. “I’ll take it from here.” He said. He aimed at the target, and shot right at the head, and dead. “Well done troop!” Congratulated the commander, “Let’s continue!” The troop continued to run towards the base. End of Chapter 2.
swiftattak7
#120088258Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:33 PM GMT

Nice, I have a slight feeling that this was inspired by a video game or a movie. Call of duty maybe?
A_path
#120088393Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:40 PM GMT

How'd you know? But not Call of duty... It's all the FPS games I play on ROBLOX.
swiftattak7
#120088429Thursday, December 12, 2013 2:42 PM GMT

Well the settings we're a bit unrealistic but believable and the sniper scene reminded me a lot of a level in Call Of Duty Black Ops. And the part where you said the enemies were coming down the hill, yeah that reminded me of back when I used to play games, base wars.
A_path
#120158579Friday, December 13, 2013 10:34 AM GMT

Chapter 3 It was almost afternoon, they still had a lot of ground to cover. They ran up the hill where the enemies were at. “Panther13, get your binoculars.” Said the commander. Harry took out his binoculars, he examined the battlefield. The base was just right around the corner, but there were a lot of enemies guarding it. On the other side of the base he could see the ongoing battle, continuously seeing the deaths of their soldiers. He felt very sad. “The base is right around the corner, but lots and lots of enemies.” Said Harry. “Hmm… Okay… It’s time to split up, Panther13 and Leopard13 go around the right side of the base, me and Python13 will go to the left side of the base. Lion13, you will go head on, and Hawk13, go over that hill, and snipe out our enemies, so it’s easier for us. Be careful not to die, you are valuable to our team.” Said the commander. “Roger that!” Everyone said. The troop then hi-fived each-other, and went out to the battlefield. *** “Oh gosh,” Said Nick in a worried voice. His comrades had already went out onto the battlefield, and soon, he took his position. He took out his sniper, and had some cover under some trees and bushes. “I’m in position.” Said Nick to the walkie-talkie. “Then get to work, over.” Said Eddie. “Roger, beginning to snipe enemies.” He steadily aimed, and looked through the scope. He could see Harry and Eddie going around the right side, and Tom slicing through the middle; but he couldn’t see the commander and Brad. Then he saw some enemies shooting from the barricades of the base. “Steady… Steady…” He said to himself. He pulled the trigger, he missed. “Damn!” He said, “C’mon I can do this…” He aimed again, he pulled the trigger. He successfully killed him. “Python 13 here, Where’s that sniper assistance! I’m getting hit, I have no cover!” “Roger.” He saw Tom getting hit, he then later saw the enemies he had to take out. There were three people shooting him. “I took out four, surely I can take out three…” He aimed, he shot. He got one down. “I’m still getting hit!” “I’m doing my work!” He aimed, he shot. He missed. “C’mon man! I’m going to die!” “I’M TRYING!” He aimed, he shot. He took another one out. But the other saw him die, and later saw Nick in the distance. “Sh!t, he saw me.” “I got him.” Tom had already taken out the other. “Phew.” Nick took some deep breaths. “Commander13 here, we’re nearly there, can you see us, Hawk13? Nick took a look through the scope, “Yes, I can see you clearly. There’s a bunch of enemies to your two o’clock.” “Roger that.” *** Eddie and Harry were also closing the gap to the base. “Hawk13, Leopard13 here, we’re nearing too, you got some work to do.” “Dangit.” Eddie then saw one of the enemies, he took advantage of his first kill. “I’m going to take that guy.” He dove into the air, and took out his M4A1, he shot a few bullets while doing acrobats in the air. One of the bullets got through as a clean headshot. He then landed, and saw another one coming for him. Unluckily he had to reload. “Harry! Get your gun out!” “I can’t, I’m too scared!” “THEN WHY DID YOU BECOME A SOLDIER!” “I DON’T KNOW!” “Hawk13 we need your help, we’re getting- OWCH, SHOT!” The two retreated back for a bit, Eddie was badly wounded. “Agh! HAWK!” Just then, a sniper bullet came out of no-where, and shot it right at the chest. “Got him.” “Thank god, damnit.” Eddie crouched down onto the ground. He rolled up his pants, and saw blood dripping down, he then saw bullet shots through his vest. “Agh, god!” He cried. End of chapter 3.
swiftattak7
#120160026Friday, December 13, 2013 12:03 PM GMT

Lel Harry. Nice story, definitely worth the read.
A_path
#120167598Friday, December 13, 2013 4:32 PM GMT

Is this too boring for you guys? There's no one else other than swift who is commenting. :S
A_path
#120223800Saturday, December 14, 2013 5:08 AM GMT

Huh... I think so... Chapter 4 coming soon.
AznIsBack
#120233091Saturday, December 14, 2013 8:48 AM GMT

Nope It's Excellent Can't wait for part 4

of     1