of     1   

Nibri
#122610771Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:12 AM GMT

(And BEFORE you say it's scriptable, DO REALIZE A CLEVER EXPLOITER CAN FIND THE CODE FOR IT AND REMOVE IT.) This is an idea I have that I think will stop exploits dead in their tracks. So basically, when uploading a place containing a script (be it Local or not), before uploading, a message comes up saying that one or more scripts have been detected. From there, the uploader can choose to make certain scripts have a hard-coded security measure. If done so, Studio will automatically create a few lines of code inside the script which cannot be edited directly from Studio. (It wouldn't pop up at all) The effect can be edited by the creator via the Develop page, but by default will be a simple error message saying there is a pirated script inside, then a game crash. Every time a player enters, the security check will be performed. If it fails, the script will cause the game to crash. This security check MUST be done to allow the creator of the place to receive the Tix he/she gets from player visits. ...So, what do you think? Could it work?
Vitaniku
#122610798Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:14 AM GMT

101% scriptable.
deadravens
#122611023Wednesday, January 08, 2014 10:35 AM GMT

Yea, it could work...
DataStore
#122614793Wednesday, January 08, 2014 1:39 PM GMT

Scriptable. Also, server-side code isn't replicated to the client anymore, only client-side last I checked, therefore "pirating scripts" isn't an issue.

of     1