of     1   

Eguanazor
#122738322Friday, January 10, 2014 1:47 AM GMT

biscuit hammer vagabond akumetsu freesia holyland fujimura-kun mates iris zero mob psycho 100 i am a hero akame ga kill (but there are rumors of it getting an anime soon) ai kora koe no katachi tokyo ghoul torikago no tsugai spirit circle onani master kurosawa until death do us part lasboss x hero hell's kitchen drifters dragons rioting
GleamingGauntlet
#122740284Friday, January 10, 2014 2:08 AM GMT

I've actually been wanting to pick up some manga lately; any recommendations?
Eguanazor
#122745431Friday, January 10, 2014 3:03 AM GMT

@gleaming for completed series: akumetsu (vigilante and a ton of clones of himself executing politicians. like death note but with less mindgames and more action) the lucifer and biscuit hammer (can't really explain it) freesia (hard to explain. lots of moral and ethical questioning, philosophy, and pretty depressing stuff through the eyes of an extremely mentally unstable guy/assassin) holyland (boy that gets bullied looks for a place to belong in the streets through fighting. basically a coming of age story mainly about street fighting and martial arts) onani master kurosawa (coming of age story with a really really strange plot element. can't say it on roblox) for ongoing series: vagabond (mostly follows a young and hotblooded samurai as he progresses through his life, maturing and climbing up the steps to becoming the strongest samurai. an award-winner) drifters (basically about a bunch of different historical figures that were sent to some different magical dimension. there are different factions of them and stuff. pretty sure it's by the guy who did hellsing, so you can probably guess what kind of series it is. oh, and the main antagonist is jesus) tokyo ghoul (there exist being called "ghouls" which are basically humans with superhuman physical capabilities, some strange combat organ thing that i can't describe at all, and have to eat human flesh. because of their tendency to murder people and eat them, there are "ghoul hunters" who, well, hunt the ghouls. the main character is a human that gets in an accident and has a ghoul's organ placed into him, and he becomes half ghoul) koe no katachi (deaf girl transfers to a primary school. the kids there start to bully her, but mostly by one boy. girl transfers, teacher eventually calls them out on it, and they all blame the boy. he gets into big trouble and starts getting bullied. years later he finds the girl and tries to make it up to her. i gave a terrible synopsis, but it is award-winning) iris zero (the very large majority of the population each has some unique ability in their eye. stuff like being able to see if people are lying, being able to see the probability of things, or even being able to see when somebody will die. the main character does not have an ability, and because of this is outcast by everybody. it's almost exactly like hyouka but with eye powers. if you don't know what hyouka is, i don't really know how to explain) i am a hero (zombies. protagonist that obviously has some form of mental illness. all i can really say about it) akame ga kill (the empire is corrupt. there is a resistance acting against it, and a group of their most powerful assassins form "night raid." the empire has a small group of soldiers that are basically anti-night raid. mostly about the two groups clashing. a lot of the characters die, the series is known for it's extremely high number of death flags. as the story is told from the alternating perspective of both groups, there isn't really a "bad guy" since each group is likeable) steins;gate heijikyokusen no epigraph and steins;gate eigou kaiki no pandora (follows the story of a world line where okabe does not reattempt the time travel mission to save kurisu after he accidentally killed her the first time. it's a trilogy, epigraph has been completed but pandora is still ongoing) onepunch man (read it. no explanation or synopsis can do it justice. it is one of the greatest manga i have ever read. there is the original version that has, well, "lackluster" art. there is also the redrawn version, which is basically the exact same series but drawn by an extremely good artist. the redrawn version so far has covered about a third of the original)
Eguanazor
#122745790Friday, January 10, 2014 3:07 AM GMT

of the ones i listed, i believe the only ones that are published in america are vagabond and drifters. the steins;gate epigraph trilogy will probably be eventually published in america but basically everything i listed would have to be read online
GleamingGauntlet
#122748027Friday, January 10, 2014 3:35 AM GMT

thanks man I'll probably go for Akumetsu, Freesia and eventually Onepunch Man.
PandoraAdventurer
#126997873Saturday, March 01, 2014 5:58 AM GMT

You forgot Yotsubato and Pokemon Adventures.

of     1