of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

rusty67600
#123152707Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:36 AM GMT

I don't know why I am writing this, because none of the admins actually read these, unless I were to insult them, or anyone else, then maybe they would. I'll believe an admin reads this, when I see them reply... Somewhat recently, Roblox decided to make our shirts and pants 300 tickets, then to 100 tickets, making it 10x harder for non-builder club members to buy shirts and pants. You may not find this annoying, but that's probably because you are a builder's club member. These prices are so outrageous, that I have not bought a single thing (shirts or pants) since they changed the prices, and I'm sure many of you have not either. These price floors are not only affecting Roblox as a whole, but they are affecting the groups within Roblox. Joining upon a group, a leader usually wants you to buy the group uniform, but with these prices so high, it's most of the time, a waste of money. This will create unorganized groups, and nothing will go over very well. I know if I was a leader, I would be frustrated very much. Even as a high rank in several groups, it makes me angry. To get 200 tickets as a non builder's club member, it takes 20 days (that is if you log on everyday). To get 200 tickets as a Classic Builder's Club member, it takes 2 days (with robux). Please think about that for a few seconds, 200 tickets can be a lot of money for a non builders club member. I hope you all agree with me on this thread, and to continue protesting against the price floors that Roblox has made. Thanks! ~RustehBusteh
LegendSoul12
#123152822Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:37 AM GMT

Agreed. Support. "So, how bout dem apples?"
EternalHowls
#123152975Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:39 AM GMT

I support. - Eternal
recounted
#123153019Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:39 AM GMT

support watch like a person post a WNTS loooolll
EternalHowls
#123153048Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:40 AM GMT

I totally agree with you. Support! - Eternal
Coagulate
#123154832Wednesday, January 15, 2014 12:59 AM GMT

Support. Roblox is to stupid to noticed that their new ideas are dumb, so it wont change.
Extuls
#123156489Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:19 AM GMT

"watch like a person post a WNTS loooolll" That someone will be me. @OP Whether or not you believe it, the part about undoing updates isn't just massive updates. That is an example given. This, in fact, does violate the rules of WNTS, which are sadly not enforced enough. But ignore that. It's gotten to the point where I don't care since those rules aren't enforced. ROBLOX is a game about creativity. You are here to be creative. Before I touch upon that topic more, I just wanna point out the irony at the start of your post. You are ignorant to how much the moderators do listen to us. Just about every update they do, we asked for. Is the price floor excluded from this? No. I remember a time when designers asked for this. See, before the price floor, big stores like Kestrel and Tiger had already sold their clothes at high prices. Why? Because they could. When the price floor was implemented, it was no surprise that users complained. In fact, I came to the S&I knowing it would be full of complaints. To be honest, my immediate reaction was to be upset at the price floor, since I would like to run a clan in the future, and I always pictured my members being in uniform. I decided that making a badge is good enough though. Most others don't seem to think so though. People who run clans take things too seriously. I agree that yes, having uniforms would be a lot better than having a badge. It makes sense. Clans are pretty much roleplay groups, where you roleplay as members of a military, and go to war with each other. It makes sense that a military would have more than just a badge. ROBLOX agrees too. If you would pay attention to the blog and their BLOXcasts, you would know this extra information. They are finding ways around getting your members in uniform without them costing so much, so just hold tight for now. I'm going to get back on my point from earlier though. As I said, big clothing retailers in ROBLOX sold their clothing at high prices, like Kestrel and Tiger. It was amazing how they could still sell at such high prices though. The reason they could is because they sell quality. Most designers on ROBLOX sell at low prices because what they are selling is not quality. It's cheap and affordable, so people buy those instead. ROBLOX was quite clear on their reasoning for the price floors. Were their reasons good? Of course. The fact that the price floor has promoted quality is arguable. Personally, I believe it has. With clothing costing more than it did before, users no longer have as much of a reason to settle for garbage when they can buy quality. Before I continue, once again, not all cheap clothes on ROBLOX were bad. Most were though. Another reason for the price floor was to encourage users to buy robux. I don't know if it did, and I also don't really care. ROBLOX is generous enough to give to those who are creative on ROBLOX through DevEx. Along with that, they allow NBC members to do so much that a free-to-play game normally wouldn't. Once again, it's all out of generosity. Finally, I'm sure it has helped with copying. Most people think it has made copying worse because it makes people wanna copy clothing more, which is where they make it clear that they don't understand. Sure, maybe more do copy, but with the price floor, less copies are sold. So in the end, the original creator makes more than they would before if they weren't someone who sold for the lowest price possible. To make it simple: It doesn't stop users from copying more, it stops more copies from being sold. Now, to move onto the point of view of a designer. ROBLOX did do this for the designers. They said they did, and they meant it. Whether you believe it or not doesn't matter. I know there are designers who design quality clothing and are upset about the price floor. But, not as many as you'd think. Most designers who I've seen complain about the price floor do not design quality clothing. I won't say any names, but most who I've seen complain about it downright suck at designing. They don't try as hard as they should, and they don't because they didn't have to before. To get far in designing now, you pretty well need to design quality clothing, or already be a famous designer. Therefore, in the end, it did promote quality. Last but not least, the community's point of view. A lot of NBC complain that they can't afford clothing that easily now. It's odd how they can't. It's only 100 tickets. You get 10 tickets a day for doing nothing. So, in ten days for just logging in, you get clothing. In real life, for doing nothing, you get nothing. To feel lucky. Along with that, you can sell gear through your game, I believe you can sell game passes, game access, and get place traffic tickets. Once again, as long as you're creative, you'll get more. So not only does this encourage designers to be more creative, but others too. The more creative you are on ROBLOX, the more you get. Just don't go off of only your login bonus, and keep trying hard for something on ROBLOX. You'll realize how much the price floor is like nothing. With that, I conclude this post. Hopefully you understand.
Extuls
#123156626Wednesday, January 15, 2014 1:21 AM GMT

"Support. Roblox is to stupid to noticed that their new ideas are dumb, so it wont change." Ever heard the saying "Don't do to others what you wouldn't like done to you."? Well too bad if you haven't. ROBLOX isn't dumb. Ever thought that maybe you're just too dumb to realize that users asked for the price floor, and that it isn't even a bad thing? If ROBLOX is dumb, leave. Would wanna play a game made by a bunch of idiots, would you?
Xerolayne
#123179661Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:21 AM GMT

The price floor has definitely generated the most back-and-forth discussion of the updates I've seen come along.As it stands, we're STILL very interested in any and all fresh input on the subject. The price floor was designed to accomplish a few very specific goals, and the ideal situation would be finding the perfect balance of achievement of those goals with minimal side effects. So speak on, by all means. I'd encourage you, though, to not start from the position of "get rid of this, I don't like it." Instead, I recommend focusing on finding the specific problems and interactions that you're concerned about and using those as jumping-off points for conversations.
SophieKatt
#123179858Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:30 AM GMT

No support, learn to adapt. This is WNTs as well, "CANCEL THE WHOLE THING. (IE, undo a massive update, remove huge features, etc.)". "This will create unorganized groups" Actually, get in a uniform script, not hard. "200 tickets can be a lot of money for a non builders club member. " And it's not for us? Just because we get robux doesn't mean we have a lot of tix, as well as not everyone trades in robux. "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people."
Excilium
#123180537Wednesday, January 15, 2014 7:59 AM GMT

@Sophie 200 tix is not a lot for a BC member, if you know how to press some buttons and convert.
BauKek
#123180598Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:02 AM GMT

No support, group leaders can get uniform scripts. Also, why would you care about virtual pixelated clothes?
deadravens
#123181481Wednesday, January 15, 2014 8:51 AM GMT

Hey look, it's a moderator!
rusty67600
#123231669Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:01 AM GMT

Never thought a moderator would actually read this, and yet reply. They are still not doing anything about it, not like I was expecting it anyway...
charlieandboomer
#123234233Thursday, January 16, 2014 2:24 AM GMT

Its a minimum of 100 tix and 25 or something robux. But what do I know, Im making some money.
Ronster55
#123238134Thursday, January 16, 2014 3:02 AM GMT

(TL;DR at bottom) First off, kudos and thank you to the moderator for posting. Here is what I am going to say and probably all I am going to say (unless I go off, rambling like a nuthead again, lol) We should be allowed to ask for updates to be undone so long as we propose a sane, developed, and sophisticated reason as to why to do so. Roblox should be interested in the feedback we propose to ideas implemented. I, personally, am against the price floor, so I might have a little bit of bias (I can't help it, I'm sorry lol). If a producer makes an unfavorable update - The best option, unless it is for the overall health of the game (which this update isn't), is to reverse it. So I personally believe the WNTS should be edited for this rule to be taken out of it. All of the benefits, as far as I have seen, have not been noticeable whatsoever. The cons outweigh the pros, sadly. Especially in group scenarios. Group leaders should not be troubled so much over this update. So TL;DR We should be allowed to speak out against reversing an update. The pros do NOT outweigh the con, it is vise versa.
Extuls
#123246723Thursday, January 16, 2014 4:39 AM GMT

"We should be allowed to ask for updates to be undone so long as we propose a sane, developed, and sophisticated reason as to why to do so. Roblox should be interested in the feedback we propose to ideas implemented. I, personally, am against the price floor, so I might have a little bit of bias (I can't help it, I'm sorry lol)." So, ROBLOX gives a game that anyone can play for free, and takes the time out to make an update. Now, with all the time they spent on the update, why should they undo it? Why should they undo all the work? S&I is misunderstood by a lot of people. See, we can make suggestions and ideas, but no matter how many people support something, ROBLOX doesn't have to do it. We're the users, they're the moderators. It's their choice in the end. "If a producer makes an unfavorable update - The best option, unless it is for the overall health of the game (which this update isn't), is to reverse it. So I personally believe the WNTS should be edited for this rule to be taken out of it." You say this update isn't for the overall health of the game, but then you don't even explain why. Meaningless words. "All of the benefits, as far as I have seen, have not been noticeable whatsoever. The cons outweigh the pros, sadly. Especially in group scenarios. Group leaders should not be troubled so much over this update." What are these cons and pros? Once again, you don't explain, which makes what you say meaningless. If you've been paying any attention, you'd know that they're working out something to solve the problem with group uniforms. Updates can't just be done overnight.
rusty67600
#123300504Friday, January 17, 2014 1:51 AM GMT

'So, ROBLOX gives a game that anyone can play for free, and takes the time out to make an update. Now, with all the time they spent on the update, why should they undo it? Why should they undo all the work?' >What work? All they did was change the minimum price from 5 tickets, to 300 tickets, to 100 tickets... I mean, it can't be that hard... 'You say this update isn't for the overall health of the game, but then you don't even explain why. Meaningless words.' >This update isn't for the overall health of the game? This update made thousands of people angry, I don't think it needs much explaining... 'What are these cons and pros? Once again, you don't explain, which makes what you say meaningless.' >Sure, there has been some few good updates here and there... But honestly, the price floors, and even the new way they names show up above the head, is annoying. Yet, not many complain about that. Roblox putting a minimum of 100 tickets for just 'a few pixels' is outrageous. I mean everything is just a 'few pixels' so why do they need to do it? ;) 'If you've been paying any attention, you'd know that they're working out something to solve the problem with group uniforms. Updates can't just be done overnight.' You're words are what you call 'meaningless.' I'd like to see a link, please... ~Rustehbusteh
AccessibleMrStealth
#123302888Friday, January 17, 2014 2:16 AM GMT

Must I say this on another price floor complaint thread? Anyways, you've got to look at your idea through the eyes of Roblox. They don't care if you have to wait 10 days to buy something. You may be upset, but you likely won't quit. That's exactly what Roblox is counting on. Many will be mad but few will quit because of the price floor. Those who do quit are largely NBC players because they are the most affected by it. Roblox can ignore NBC players because they don't bring in any revenue for Roblox. Ad revenue is insignificant. The few who quit because of the price floor are far outweighed by the influx in BC purchases. People will buy BC to compensate for more expensive clothing. Roblox makes the vast majority of their money from BC/robux purchases, so that IS significant. What Roblox is doing is actually pretty smart. The price floor isn't going anywhere. It's going to benefit Roblox. Sorry. How to get mods to actually reply to threads: http://www.roblox.com/Forum/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=123144285
Extuls
#123340781Friday, January 17, 2014 8:29 PM GMT

">What work? All they did was change the minimum price from 5 tickets, to 300 tickets, to 100 tickets... I mean, it can't be that hard..." But to make a system that goes through every single shirt, pants, and T-shirt, and make them set at a new price. If it's not hard, I'd like to know how you think it's done. Write up a script to do it or something. After all, it's so easy, right? It's one of the easiest things I'm sure they've done, but it's not as easy as you make it out to be. ">This update isn't for the overall health of the game? This update made thousands of people angry, I don't think it needs much explaining..." The people were angry because they're uncreative. They don't try hard enough. They're ignorant. They don't realize what they have already been given for free. ROBLOX doesn't need to make ROBLOX free. If they wanted to, they could make it for paid members only. They would make more money that way, but they don't do that. They want people to be able to enjoy it for free, but at the same time, have the money to run the game, and have money to put some food on the table. On top of that, it WAS for the good of the game. If you read my post I made earlier, it would counter what you just said. I don't even need to repeat myself. ">Sure, there has been some few good updates here and there... But honestly, the price floors, and even the new way they names show up above the head, is annoying. Yet, not many complain about that. Roblox putting a minimum of 100 tickets for just 'a few pixels' is outrageous. I mean everything is just a 'few pixels' so why do they need to do it? ;)" A few good updates here and there? Please - since you make it sound like most are bad - tell me all these bad updates they release. All these oh so terrible updates that ruin your ROBLOX experience. How is the new way of displaying games annoying? Explain. By switching to only the current popular games, it is EXACTLY how it was before. 100 tickets for a few pixels? Since you wanna put it in perspective of paying attention to the pixels, I will too. The pixels you get from the other pixels are more pixels than the pixels you gave. Therefore, by giving less pixels than you are receiving, you get more pixels than you had before. Sounds like a good deal to me. "You're words are what you call 'meaningless.' I'd like to see a link, please..." https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrdDcZCgkHE 0:05:17-0:06:14 Nope. My words aren't what I call meaningless. Since my words are educated and make sense. To top it off, they're not ignorant. Nice try, but you failed.
Jurok
#123340952Friday, January 17, 2014 8:32 PM GMT

I've responded to these threads so many times to the point where I know, no matter what I say, I'll be wrong. So I'll leave it at this, and no more: No support j-frame
goos_honk
#123341817Friday, January 17, 2014 8:44 PM GMT

Just get over it. It now takes 4 days to get a full outfit (Not including a hat). They lowered it to 2 robux 20 tix. The only war we won doing this was bring back BC games. We lost bring back user meshes. We lost get rid of liquid games. We lost get rid of paid access. What do you think will happen next? Yep, you guessed it! We loose get rid of price floor. There is no chance this will happen. Also 2 robux 20 tix is quite reasonable. 2 days to get a shirt? So what? I can live with that. Why cant you?
Extuls
#123342021Friday, January 17, 2014 8:47 PM GMT

@sneaky 100 TIX/10 R$ = Shirts/Pants 20 TIX/2 R$ = T-Shirts Also, the reason none of those 'wars' were won is because the arguments against them were so stupid there was no reason to day anything about it.
goos_honk
#123342273Friday, January 17, 2014 8:50 PM GMT

Its still reasonable. 20 days of BC is $5. Even poor families can afford that. You people should get over it and move on.
Extuls
#123343724Friday, January 17, 2014 9:11 PM GMT

"Its still reasonable. 20 days of BC is $5. Even poor families can afford that. You people should get over it and move on." 30 days is $5, I believe. I hope you're not telling me to get over it...

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right