of     1   

coldbloodedkiller9
#125207873Saturday, February 08, 2014 11:43 PM GMT

This is a short story I randomly decided to write. Enjoy, I guess. ===================== I looked around the city park I'd sat in so many times before. It was gray. Empty. Desolate. Completely devoid of all life other than the maggots rummaging through the flesh of the dead. I shuddered and leaned into the bench I was sitting on. I should be moving. I shouldn't stay in one spot so long. It's a risk, I thought to myself. I didn't care though. I was done caring. Over the last two weeks I'd done things I never thought I would have to. I lied, I stole, I cheated, I killed. If there is a God, there is no way he can forgive me for what I've done to survive... There were screams off in the distance. Probably another group getting overrun by those... Things. Some call them zombies, but they're not zombies. They're intelligent. They don't eat people either. They fight for territory. I don't know why they view us as a threat. Not like they could tell me, all they know how to do is kill and gurgle incoherently. In the time it took for me to think this the screams I heard sounded as if they were getting closer. I grabbed my backpack and stood, looking around. The screams sounded as if they were coming from the east, so I jogged west until I found a building. "Bad plan" I mumbled to myself. I'd seen many a person get cornered in buildings. Like I said, these things were intelligent. The screams sounded as if they were just down the block now, and I felt a sense of urgency. I knew I wouldn't have time to set up any kind of defensive position, or run several blocks away. I knew I had to hide. I ran to one of the many abandoned cars riddled along the road, and noticed one of them had its trunk open. I glanced around, saw I had no choice, and hopped in. I pulled the trunk down so there was a gap just large enough for me to peek out and watched. I saw what was left of the group running. There were four of them, a tall black haired man with a heavy build, a boy no more than 15, and two more that were to far away for me to see well. Then I saw the infected running behind them, in that same well organized perfectly straight line I'd seen so many times. They looked normal, aside from their ragged cloths, but the way they moved different. Almost as if they were a single organism. I wondered in an emotionally numb state how long they would last. I knew they wouldn't last, but still. They ran out of my sight just as one of the two that were further away got fell. In a display of raw efficiency, one of the infected in the line grabbed him and dragged him back into the crowd of infected behind the initial line. Within seconds another infected had taken his place and the line continued. I sat in that trunk for approximately two hours. I didn't feel anything for those people. I didn't feel anything at all. What have I become... === Meh. SSBhbSB0aGUgYW50aWNocmlzdCwgYXBwYXJlbnRseS4=
coldbloodedkiller9
#125215407Sunday, February 09, 2014 12:58 AM GMT

bump
coldbloodedkiller9
#125425450Tuesday, February 11, 2014 7:02 AM GMT

Meh.
stonegate20
#125429616Tuesday, February 11, 2014 11:53 AM GMT

Cool

of     1