of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

progatician
#126152524Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:22 AM GMT

~Written to ease the difficulty of having to reply to messages asking why I am a brony. Perhaps I cannot speak for everyone on this, as it is all a matter of preference; however, I am going to explain why I as an individual like the show, and why I'm sure many others do, as well. One word to sum of all of the below? Quality. My Little Pony has a quality that you do not see in many cartoons nowadays, and I think this is the verisimilitude of what really what draws people to it (Besides the initial bandwagon effect among "hipsters"). The ponies of MLP:FiM act with a sense of realism and maturity in their personalities and decisions. They have feelings, desires, strengths and flaws that you can identify and even relate to. It is through this depth of character that people have the ability to find them entertaining to watch. (I personally don't emotionally "relate" to any of the characters, but seeing that someone with a more emotive mind could, is worth taking into note.) Not only are the characters well-developed, but so are the plots that each episode centers around. They are formed with realism taken into account -- unlike the majority of "kids' shows", which habitually end up with a "happy ending" where everyone wins in some way or form -- and thoroughly expressed throughout the period, which makes it feel like the show you are watching is worth watching. The reality imbedded into it makes it all the more able to relate to for some people, and provides decent "food for thought" when recognizing the central morals taught in it. Besides the depth-of-character developed and displayed in the cast, the show has a good sense of quality that is displayed in the animation and music, as well. Any animation "techy" that knows what Flash animation is, knows that it's hard to get as good as a look as the animationists of My Little Pony get out of it. The animators take time to give the show a good look that matches the quality of the story (This is not to say the animation is perfect. There are some screw-ups here and there; however, the animation in MLP is considerably better than the crap that passes of as animation today, especially considering that it is Flash). As for the music, they have a considerable conductor named Daniel Ingram, who often produces remix-worthy songs that, again, give you the sense of quality that Hasbro has put into this show of theirs. Hasbro didn't, by any means, have to put this much effort into their show. All they had to do to raise sales in their toy market was put a low-quality program out, to catch the little kids' attention, that would simply pass off as a glorified commercial. Instead, what Hasbro did in G4, was put a show of high caliber out to the public with a higher level of entertainment, that would result in a fandom of a large scale. In conclusion, yes, it is a "kids'" show, and it may seem wrong that people of older age would like to watch a "kids'" show, but that no longer applies when the characters and situations are portrayed by the creators and story writing as being more mature and developed than what normally constitutes as "for kids".
progatician
#126152587Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:23 AM GMT

Now flood me with disapproving comments, fools!
progatician
#126152851Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:25 AM GMT

Or, preferably, approving comments.
Slime2345
#126152914Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:26 AM GMT

I've seen too much of this crap today.
progatician
#126153240Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:30 AM GMT

Yes, but mine is the most literate and descriptive.
Slime2345
#126153451Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:32 AM GMT

Yeah. I've seen too much of that.
Slime2345
#126153749Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:35 AM GMT

Not your approval though, I mean like fights about MLP and bronies. TOO MUCH FREAKING CRAP IN MTVB ABOUT IT, NOT EVEN FRBREZE OR AIR WICK CAN MAKE THE ODOR DISAPPEAR!
Eibok
#126155272Wednesday, February 19, 2014 3:51 AM GMT

i learned something today
abt79
#126159466Wednesday, February 19, 2014 4:45 AM GMT

Why did the hipster burn his tongue? He ate his food...BEFORE IT WAS COOL...LOL #badjokes
progatician
#126237876Thursday, February 20, 2014 2:58 AM GMT

@1234: I think that was a compliment? @abt: Pfft
OpticalFlare
#126238889Thursday, February 20, 2014 3:08 AM GMT

.-. why
progatician
#126507019Sunday, February 23, 2014 1:47 AM GMT

Why what?
mageofpower
Top 100 Poster
#126524382Sunday, February 23, 2014 4:37 AM GMT

Somebody, brony or not please describe how the characters of MLP are well developed and if possible describe each characters personality.
Vencorr
#126528007Sunday, February 23, 2014 5:22 AM GMT

I'm not reading this crap!!! SUMERIZE IT IN ONE WORD!!!
Thepopon8r
#126536330Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:28 AM GMT

*Cough* PUTTING YOUR HOOF DOWN *Cough*
AznIsBack
#126537455Sunday, February 23, 2014 7:52 AM GMT

BECAUSE THEY ARE BRONIES PERSON.
Construx
#126551824Sunday, February 23, 2014 2:40 PM GMT

It's a show about animated toy ponies. That's all I will ever say about it.
Vencorr
#126569747Sunday, February 23, 2014 6:07 PM GMT

^^^ I know you're going to say something else!
robeagle
#126583511Sunday, February 23, 2014 8:27 PM GMT

Well It's an alright show he's got a point but I dont class my self as a 'strong' watcher.
progatician
#126862040Thursday, February 27, 2014 3:07 PM GMT

@Olama: I have done that, actually. @mage: Here goes stream of thought writing! -Rainbow Dash: Is a pegasus, equestria's best flyer, and possibly best weather manipulator, gets cocky a lot (has an ego), "element" is loyalty, sometimes struggles with self-centeredness and other times you wouldn't even know it, likes physical activities to show that she's physically developed (contests, more or less), a bit lazy and likes to sleep, huge fan of a flying-group named the Wonderbolts, job is weather patrol, a bit mischievous at times, she loves reading despite not wanting to look egg-headed, "cutymark" is a multi-colored lightning bolt, that signifies her love for speed and flying. -Twilight Sparkle: A pseudo-intellect who is often falsely portrayed as a logical alicorn (is an alicorn), undeserving of her wings, is the "element" of magic, time and time again refers to her emotions to make decisions, likes to act mature despite her blatant inability to do so almost whenever she needs to mostly, has a control issue over her surroundings her friends and situations pertinent to her, is a pseudo-scientist, most likely has a minute case of DID, overuses declarative sentences, "cutymark" is a sparkle... thingy (creative right?) that signifies her love for magic. -Fluttershy: Is a pegasus, is usually timid and quiet but she will always stand up for her friends, has a passion for animals and usually spends her time in the forest with them but she's scared of adult dragons, came from Cloudsdale a city up on the clouds above Equestria, is the "element" of kindness, wasn't as good in flying as the others and was bullied and was called names like Klutzershy (but Rainbow Dash stood up for her), fell to the earth by accident one day and found she liked everything it had to offer (especially the animals), "cutymark" is a group of butterflies that signify her love for animals. -Rarity: Is a unicorn, works as both a designer and a seamstress at her own shop named the Carousel Boutique, likes the spotlight (usually [_usually_] to sport her new dresses), is the "element" of generosity, likes to help her friends when they are in need of some physical cleaning up, has dreams to one day become a big clothing designer, enjoys Canterlot life, hates being uncleanly, (unlike twilight) she uses her magical abilities to aid her in her "special gifting". -Applejack: Is an earth-pony, enjoys country life, is the "element" of honesty, works on an apple farm with her family, is humble (unless it comes to a competition), likes to work the apple farm as much as it is her responsibility to do so, dislikes city life and the formality of it, "cutymark" is a group of three apples, that signifies her love of apples and working on the farm. -Pinkie Pie: Is an earth-pony, very bubbly and flamboyant, enjoys throwing parties and making people happier, is the "element" of laughter, "cutymark" is a group of balloons to signify her love for parties. Whew!
NowDoTheGummyShake
#127889855Wednesday, March 12, 2014 5:04 PM GMT

It's "Cutiemark", not "Cutymark". Before you go off insulting the ludicrous sound of "Cutiemarks", or "Ponyville", remember this: The show was forced to use these, as they were from earlier generations. Gg, Abby.
progatician
#127914684Wednesday, March 12, 2014 10:17 PM GMT

Thank you for pointing out that typo.
phoniex
#127934882Thursday, March 13, 2014 1:52 AM GMT

I don't very much care for cartoon horses
Brickmaster134
#127939798Thursday, March 13, 2014 2:48 AM GMT

it has the perfect blend of action and comedy as well
DangGorilla
#128085782Saturday, March 15, 2014 1:30 AM GMT

Me and my friends are bronies, but I think that I should stop because I have no way to watch S4! I only got to Pinkie Pride on YouTube, but I wasn't exactly supposed to be on YouTube, and we don't get Hub, sooo... yeah.

of     2   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right