of     1   

Nikilis
#127729306Monday, March 10, 2014 3:16 PM GMT

I literally don't see a point in consoles anymore. "But I like the controller" Almost every controller type can be plugged into your PC. You can play with your xbox controller and your friend can play with his PS3 controller on the same game, at the same time. "Consoles are cheaper" No, they're just easier to find low prices. In parts, my computer is around $300, but it can run better games than consoles. "You don't have consoles, you wouldn't know" I have two 360s, a PS3, Wii, and Wii U. They used to be good but I think with time, they've become pointless. If someone has any actual logical advantage to console other than "i like it better", I'd love to hear it.
Shovuc
#127729446Monday, March 10, 2014 3:19 PM GMT

Exclusives, being able to code to a specific set of hardware, less power output, and controllers. Yes, I understand you said controllers...but if those consoles were non-existent, a controller with the comfort of an X360 controller or a PS3 controller would be non-existent. I've never thought any sort of gaming platform was pointless. And speaking of price...show me a PC that costs 250$ like the PS3, features a Blu-ray drive, Bluetooth capability, and the ability to play such a huge library of games. You can't get much of a PC for 250$.
Nikilis
#127729576Monday, March 10, 2014 3:23 PM GMT

You can't get much of a pre-built PC**, build it yourself with parts (honestly it requires minimal technological knowledge. Google is your best friend). It's really easy to make a PC bluetooth capable. Also blu-ray is not needed, with PC you can pirate movies in blu-ray quality. Also exclusives.. The amount of PC exclusives really really really outweighs console ones, but yeah there are some decent exclusives, but it's not worth having a whole new console, especially xbox one or PS4.
fdfxd
#127729668Monday, March 10, 2014 3:25 PM GMT

I guess you are correct.
Shovuc
#127729852Monday, March 10, 2014 3:30 PM GMT

"build it yourself with parts (honestly it requires minimal technological knowledge. Google is your best friend). It's really easy to make a PC bluetooth capable." I was talking about DIY PCs as well. The cheapest PC build I've seen, and this is without the OS, is around 250$, but I can't imagine it plays games at any sort of decent quality. "Also blu-ray is not needed, with PC you can pirate movies in blu-ray quality." Yes...but you are going to need quite a large HDD if you are an avid film fan. Most movies on Blu-ray are shipped on 50 GB dual-layer discs, so even if you have a 1 TB hard drive, your space will diminish pretty quickly. "Also exclusives.. The amount of PC exclusives really really really outweighs console ones" Quality > Quantity. Not saying PC exclusives are bad, as some of my favorite games of all time are PC exclusive, like Grim Fandango, BUT quantity isn't much of an argument.
Tomahawkss
#127730238Monday, March 10, 2014 3:39 PM GMT

Exclusives, convenience, motion controls (I admit most of these are cheesy but they're fun), easier local multiplayer ability. I like my consoles and PC.
Nikilis
#127730246Monday, March 10, 2014 3:39 PM GMT

Quantity is an argument because there are more chances that the exclusives would be good. For example (made up numbers) if you had 50% of 100 good exclusive games on xbox, thats 50, but if you had 10% good exclusives on PC, that's 100 good ones. Buying the hard drive needed to store the movies would eventually be more cost-efficient than buying all those movies. Also you can delete ones that you've watched or didn't like. Also, you're saying $250, but xbox one costs $500 so that doubles your budget for a PC.
Shovuc
#127730372Monday, March 10, 2014 3:42 PM GMT

"Buying the hard drive needed to store the movies would eventually be more cost-efficient than buying all those movies. Also you can delete ones that you've watched or didn't like." You really shouldn't pirate those anyway. But yeah, I guess buying a HDD would be a bit cheaper than buying all those movies. "Also, you're saying $250, but xbox one costs $500 so that doubles your budget for a PC." I've been talking about the PS3, not the X1.
Tomahawkss
#127730471Monday, March 10, 2014 3:44 PM GMT

Speaking of exclusives, you can't play DK, Mario, Pikmin, HALO, GTA, or any other exclusives on a PC. Both have advantages/disadvantages.
Shovuc
#127730680Monday, March 10, 2014 3:49 PM GMT

With PC your coding is much more abstracted compared to coding on a platform with fixed hardware. That's why a game like TLOU would be impossible to run on a PC with the same specs as the Playstation 3, because then the programmers at Naughty Dog would have to abstract their code in order so that it could run on more than one PC hardware configuration, due to PC not being a fixed hardware platform.
Jacob2366
#127731282Monday, March 10, 2014 4:00 PM GMT

It's easier. Honestly, if you are gonna start gaming I recommend starting on a console.
imtehslendermandog
#127732346Monday, March 10, 2014 4:20 PM GMT

[ Content Deleted ]
SkyscratchZX
#127732527Monday, March 10, 2014 4:23 PM GMT

honestly, gaming wouldn't be different if everyone were to use pcs instead of consoles from the beginning of video game time (except for the nes saving gaming part)
FunkyFireMonkey73
#127732636Monday, March 10, 2014 4:25 PM GMT

(pre-written, i post this on all console war forums) Why PC is better 1. more than games, videos, cheats, command console, websearch, etc 2. cheaper http://www.roblox.com/PC-is-Cheaper-item?id=148314647 3. problems can be fixed, if your console breaks, nothing to do. 4. mods 5. community (no 6 year old complaining in the COD voicechat) 6. customization 7. precise controls 8. unique, cooler (not everyone has a mega powerful pc, therefore, bragging rights, I know you fanboys love those) 9. no paying for online gaming (ps4 now has a fee also) 10. exclusive/early access 11. average price of pc games=40 console average=60 (check out Steam and Origin) 12. waaaay more games than console (not big games, but the small indie ones, such as starbound)
Tomahawkss
#127735922Monday, March 10, 2014 5:27 PM GMT

"3. problems can be fixed, if your console breaks, nothing to do." Because you totally can't look up how to fix it and order the parts to do so/send it to be refurbed /sarcasm "5. community (no 6 year old complaining in the COD voicechat)" Because there are totally no 6 year olds playing COD on the PC /sarcasm

of     1