of     1   

FaceYourDeathPercy
#133808914Sunday, May 11, 2014 2:34 PM GMT

The original idea of a SB was amazing where outstanding scriptwriters could test scripts and not have to go into studio and make it so that it works on them only rather than just having the LocalPlayer text. After the character limit was introduced more scripts where getting cut off. To my attention this was probably done to prevent exploitation. why not just make certain text illegal so it wont be entered in the game, this would be better for scriptwriters and would hinder the exploiters who try to ruin the amazing games created by builders. So please take this into consideration and make the character limit at least 100K.
DataStore
#133809458Sunday, May 11, 2014 2:41 PM GMT

No support. The primary objective of the chat bar is to allow users to communicate to other users. It's not there to be used as a way to run scripts, that's the whole reason studio exists, aswell as the various test modes. Anything you could do in a "script builder" you can do in your own place, even without putting in something to make it work for you alone. Your idea also wouldn't work. Making certain phrases "illegal" could easily be circumvented, simply by using loadstring on a reversed string, after reversing it back. You would also block legitimate scripters, or scripting discussion.
AlphaPrism
#133809531Sunday, May 11, 2014 2:43 PM GMT

@Face You can already do this with a Program called ScriptBot.
FaceYourDeathPercy
#133813195Sunday, May 11, 2014 3:27 PM GMT

I say this because everyone is not an amzing scripter and the chat bar allowed scripts to be tested in games with other players to see how that games community reacted and there feed back rather than having fifteen updated to get one script to work the players can continue while a scripter tweaks there script and can test it without interrupting players. Yes i understand that the chatbars sole purpose is for communication but it ruins things for many other players that enjoy scripting and work hard on it. Thank You.

of     1