of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right

TheCurrencyExchange
#135653877Sunday, June 01, 2014 12:38 AM GMT

When the DevEx was released, I feel there was a flaw. Buying OBC is required to cash out in the first place. For people who already had the membership, this wasn't any problem at all. But for people thinking about buying the membership to use the DevEx, this presented a problem. If you're going to tell your parents you need to buy a membership that costs $20 to cash out $10,000, it sounds like a scam. They won't allow you to buy the membership because they don't want you to get "scammed". Since you can't get the money there, it becomes completely impossible to use the DevEx until you're old enough to do the payment yourself. I have an idea to get around this and equip NBC developers with the tools provided by BC. Allow anybody to convert their Robux to BC at the DevEx rates (500 R$ a dollar.) This isn't the first time I've posted something like this, and there's been common points against which I've answered (and the challenger abandoned the thread afterward.) Here are my answers to some of the points. 1. "This will strip ROBLOX of paying developers." Developers don't really pay ROBLOX in money, they provide the games which people pay into. Saying that is like saying employees are bad, although they do cost money their work is vital to running a company. 2. "WNTS: Free BC" The DevEx already in essence gives out free BC because users get more than the BC cost balancing it out. 3. "You can't pay the bills with Robux." If ROBLOX is willing to give real money for Robux which can be spent on ROBLOX Products, then why wouldn't they let you jump over the real money stage and invest right back into ROBLOX products? Thanks for reading, please post your opinions.
butchito
#135655228Sunday, June 01, 2014 12:56 AM GMT

Yes, I agree. 3rdblox, I too think that using DevEx is a scam. I have OBC but I never will use DevEx. Giving a person a Dominus is just a reason to using that kind of stuff.
butchito
#135655326Sunday, June 01, 2014 12:57 AM GMT

What if people don't have money to afford OBC.
TheCurrencyExchange
#135665396Sunday, June 01, 2014 2:58 AM GMT

Bump.
TestNanotch
#135665735Sunday, June 01, 2014 3:01 AM GMT

Support, not only people who payed ROBLOX should get BC, but also those who made games that people actually like, with that, It can encourage better game makers.
TheCurrencyExchange
#135672838Sunday, June 01, 2014 4:20 AM GMT

Bump.
filiptibell
#135691830Sunday, June 01, 2014 12:02 PM GMT

Makes total sense to me. Support. ~The herp lerped a derp~
XenonLi
#135691958Sunday, June 01, 2014 12:05 PM GMT

support
DataStore
#135695575Sunday, June 01, 2014 1:28 PM GMT

No, I really don't agree with allowing everyone to buy BC with Robux. ROBLOX limited DevEx to those who had OBC to act as both an incentive, and a limitation on the amount of money they gave out. By ROBLOX offering money to OBC players they incentivised lower subscription types to upgrade to higher tiers. Whilst they won't all necessarily ever cash out, the majority buy it for the "what-if" scenario. Which, I would assume, makes up for some part of the money that they lose by doing DevEx. You also shouldn't be using ROBLOX's DevEx feature unless you're eighteen. A limit imposed due by PayPal. So, the way I see it, you wouldn't be asking your parents for BC if you were eighteen - you'd buy it yourself. But back to the idea. I disagree with it. 1) By allowing any ROBLOX user to buy BC with Robux, you're effectively taking away a large portion of ROBLOX's income from memberships, As all someone has to do is sell a rare limited, and they then have enough to effectively take away a couple hundred in profits from ROBLOX. Unlike with DevEx there is no limiting factor, meaning that there is no limit to how much they'll give away. 2) You are indeed giving away free BC, to everyone. I disagree with this completely. Whilst yes you could argue that DevEx does this already, I disagree on the basis that just because it works for one group of developers (less than one hundred), doesn't mean it will work for 60 million players. Even if all one hundred developers bought lifetime OBC, if they haven't already (before DevEx), ROBLOX would only lose around $35k. Which isn't that much, all things considered. Imagine the extent of the loss if ROBLOX allowed 60 million players to get BC subscriptions with Robux. It's an unrealistic suggestion. 3) Just because some of the people who will take advantage of this would be developers, doesn't mean they all would. The people who aren't developers, but rather scammers/limited traders, don't bring anything to ROBLOX. They don't bring in play time or other people. So how do you justify that?
DataStore
#135695953Sunday, June 01, 2014 1:35 PM GMT

Oh, and your exchange rate is incorrect. If you wanted to do it using DevEx values it would be 1kR$ = $1, not 500R$ = $1.
TheCurrencyExchange
#135697379Sunday, June 01, 2014 1:59 PM GMT

"You shouldn't be using DevEx if you're under 18." In a recent blog post, they mentioned Clonetrooper1019 is only 15. I'm sure they still give him DevEx cashouts though. 1: Most likely, they could just buy OBC, sell a rare limited, DevEx and get the same outcome. Plus, with rare limited sales I see people who say they bought Robux to get a limited, so the seller was providing insentive for a purchase. and it might have even been better for ROBLOX that they paid in Robux. 2: Go in an average game. Look at the people around you. How many of the NBCs, or even anyone else look like they could have raised 3,000 R$ without paying a thing? Earning it purely from waiting would take a NBC around 13 and a half years, 5 years longer than ROBLOX has even been around. And when any of them did, how many would be able to get more money out than they paid in? Saying it's given to "everyone" is ridiculous and if everyone used the feature, inflation would actually decrease causing people to buy more Robux... 3: Limited trading without BC is impossible in the first place and NBC scammers would only get 10% of the money paid in. It would take them managing to scam people out of 30,000 R$ (by that time they would probably have been caught, I got scammed once and the scammer was banned within 3 weeks) just to get 1 month of BC. And limited traders do bring to ROBLOX, them selling limiteds destroys Robux and keeps the economy flowing, which keeps people buying Robux.
TheCurrencyExchange
#135697431Sunday, June 01, 2014 1:59 PM GMT

lottery248
#135697891Sunday, June 01, 2014 2:07 PM GMT

same as data, devex only for OBC will just encourage hackers to cheat for OBC. however, exploit of 1x1x1x1 is reasonable. if we do not do it, roblox will just being worse. so all in all, WNTS but support.
DataStore
#135698819Sunday, June 01, 2014 2:19 PM GMT

@3d, Whoops, I forgot they doubled the rates. My bad. Sorry. "You shouldn't be using DevEx if you're under 18." Okay then, I'll say "technically". Technically you shouldn't be using DevEx if you're under eighteen. Whilst you can, it's unadvised as PayPal can, and will, lock you out of the account if you can't prove your age. CloneTrooper likely has it deposited to his parent's PayPal, like some developers using DevEx. But I do stress that users are generally paying for their own membership, and if their parents don't trust the legitimacy of the site, that's their problem not ROBLOX's. 1) I don't know what you were getting at. 2) No, my statement saying it's given to everyone isn't a ridiculous sentiment, at all. I've amassed the majority of the money I have through limited sales. I've not even got over 1k visits, on this account. At one point, in 2008, I was an NBC members yet still managed to get money from doing the odd thing on ROBLOX. Saying that it wouldn't be open to NBC is a ludicrous statement. Inflation would _NOT_ decrease. It would increase. Inflation is a sustained increase in the price level, within an economy, over a period of time. By increasing the relative rarity of one currency, compared to another, you make the rarer currency more valuable. This means you would push rates up, due to the huge amounts of Robux being purged from the system... if we were to assume ceteris paribus. 3) Limited trading without BC is impossible, correct. But you only need to buy BC once to offload all your valuable limiteds. You could have, and sit, on an extremely rare item (or items). You would only need to buy BC _ONCE_ to offload these rare items. If, for example, they were worth a couple million Robux, you now have enough to perpetually fund your BC to a lifetime level.
TheCurrencyExchange
#135701055Sunday, June 01, 2014 2:50 PM GMT

1) People end up buying Robux to purchase other people's limiteds, so if someone paid $500 to get the Robux to buy my limited and I then used that Robux to buy lifetime BC the buyer has, in essence, paid for my BC (and given an odd $300 more). Since Robux must originally be created with paying, it's entirely realistic to say that the BC was paid for. 2) OK, let me rephrase it. Only a minority of NBCs could use the feature, it would certainly not be open to everyone. And inflation would not increase. When Bitcoin rises, it's true that the conversion from Litecoin to Bitcoin shows Litecoin supposedly getting less valuable, but Litecoin is still worth the same amount because it hasn't changed itself. This would not sink Tickets, it would simply increase Robux. Plus if they implemented one of those popularly suggested Ticket supporting updates then the rates would remain untouched since both of the currencies would be getting rarer at the same time. 3) Again, back to point #1. The buyer has essentially paid for my BC for me (and overpaid ROBLOX in marketplace fees and the difference between buy Robux and DevEx rates). Even if I bought something extremely cheap and made a huge profit, the buyer is still pretty much funding with real money.
DataStore
#135701782Sunday, June 01, 2014 3:00 PM GMT

1) I disagree. People don't necessarily buy Robux to purchase other people's limiteds. Very few people would do that, so in my eyes it's not a valid reason to shun the costs this feature costs. 2) Again, I disagree. Without using any form of "real knowledge" to explain it, we have seen time and time again that features which remove Robux from the system (in excess of Tickets), causes the rates to shoot up. Yes, we can blame some of the increases on Tix being useless, but the blame also lies on the fact that hundreds of thousands of Robux is removed from the system daily, with Tix only likely being a fractionally removed. Robux becomes more valuable since there's less of it, pushing the rates up. 3) See 1. This idea is extremely unrealistic. You can go on and on about how Robux sales will cover any shortfall, but it won't. It's not like people are going to go "oh, hey look, I don't need to buy BC anymore lets just buy Robux instead".
TheCurrencyExchange
#135702878Sunday, June 01, 2014 3:16 PM GMT

1: How many ways can Robux be created? 2. It can either be directly bought, or someone can get daily stipends. The only other way Robux can be added to the economy is admins, but that's so rare we can just disregard it. Both BC and Robux require paying for. Every Robuck you have in your account right now was paid for by someone out there, just as every dollar in paypal accounts had to originally be paid for. Whoever did it, the BC would all be paid. 2: Again, all that would have to be done to prevent another rise is one of the Tix-favouring updates commonly suggested here. Both go down in volume, so the rate stays the same.
TheCurrencyExchange
#135710289Sunday, June 01, 2014 4:57 PM GMT

Bump.
Ulrond
#135716512Sunday, June 01, 2014 6:09 PM GMT

Like DataStore said, a lot of money would be lost. What if it costed a lot more robux for it? If it was 1000 robux (or more) would it work then?
CoolJohnnyboy
#135717191Sunday, June 01, 2014 6:16 PM GMT

support nice flame war
TheCurrencyExchange
#135737163Sunday, June 01, 2014 9:50 PM GMT

Ulrond, IMO, if anything it should cost less. It's better for the company if you're re-investing your money into ROBLOX and paying them than just taking the cash. I'm not sure if DataStore's given up or not...
DataStore
#135749924Monday, June 02, 2014 12:09 AM GMT

No, I haven't given up. I just can't be bothered to fight you on what's right or not. You have your opinion and I have mine. I'm not going to force you to adopt mine or insult you for having a different one.
TheCurrencyExchange
#135804538Monday, June 02, 2014 5:53 PM GMT

Bump.
TheCurrencyExchange
#135864713Tuesday, June 03, 2014 6:03 AM GMT

Bump.
Naruto9200
#135864871Tuesday, June 03, 2014 6:06 AM GMT

Let's face it,no NBCer has 10k robux.There is no point of having this.

of     3   
chevron_rightchevron_rightchevron_right