of     1   

DeadlyGlance
#136871530Friday, June 13, 2014 4:14 PM GMT

I apologise if this is bad, as this IS my first attempt at making an RP. If you're interested, make your CS, of course. However, if you find something wrong or you don't like parts of this, tell me what I can do better and I'll try to improve next time, assuming there will be one. On to the story. ___________________ It's the year 2023, and you're at a concert for your favourite band. You're enjoying yourself quite a bit, however through the cheering, jumping, and heat, you're parched, feeling as if your throat was so brittle from the lack of liquid that it could snap from the slightest touch. You go to get something to drink when the band suddenly stops playing and guttural screaming is heard through the microphone. You ignore it, surmising that it's simply the beginning of a new song. You continue to walk towards a booth, however, someone bumps into you. Hard. Scowling, you continue. You pay for your beverage and down it rather quickly. Hearing the screaming once more, you whip around to see the whole crowd running around in turmoil, then hear the guttural screaming again. Looking at the stage, you see one, two, three of the band members lying on the ground, unable to identify as to why they're on the ground. Looking near the microphone, you see the secondary vocalist attempting to fight off a fan, or perhaps, a hater, before giving up and allowing them to munch on their necks. You see a large crowd of sickly-looking people with white eyes heading for you and the man behind the booth. You look at them, confused, before they speed up and attempt to grab you. Dodging, you back off, seeing that they continue their efforts. You turn around and run, eventually making it to the parking lot. You swing open your car door, then slam it closed. You start up your car, then speed off. You drive for well over an hour, the long trip you took to go to the concert now seeming like a stupid decision. When you reach your home, you shout to your parents. "I'm home, and we need to lock the doors, close the windows, and barricade everything! Get the weapons, NOW!" You hear rustling and groaning. "Come on, this isn't a joke! We need to.. barricade.. the doors..." You trail off, allowing your eyes to widen as you look at the shell of your parents: sickly, old-looking people with light, depressing green sclera with no irises or pupils. You back away, then quickly grab the closest weapon: a chair. You bash it into your father's head and he drops, legs giving out on him. You then slam it on your mother's head, making her stumble back. You then smash it in her face, effectively ending her. You drop the final piece, then stumble back. You hit the door with your back and look over, slowly. You lock the door with both locks, then slide down. You allow your hands to cover your face and you begin to cry. "Why..? Why did it have to happen to the only family I had left!? What did we do to deserve this... What did we..." You cut yourself off with a cry of anguish, and tears flow freely down your face. ===== The Infected were the least of everyone's worries after that horrid day that had begun so wonderfully. They were quickly eradicated over the course of the remaining six months of the year, however the government took this opportunity to gain complete control over the citizens. Racist officials forced laws upon those they deemed worthless because of their skin colour. Coloured people, whether it be black people, Asian people, anyone that wasn't white, were forced to live in jail. Few escaped, and those who did, lived in fear that they'd be seen again, forced to endure the pain. Corrupt officials forced the middle and lower class to pay an extreme amount of money, and those who couldn't pay ended up being starved. The rich remained rich and powerful, and became officials themselves. Anyone that helped others that were not in the upper class were thrown in jail, forced to rot. Over time, even the rich officials that weren't originally part of the government were forced to endure what the lower classes did. Only those who were originally officials stayed that way and were exempt from laws, and anyone that had power that showed weakness were stripped of their titles and tossed to the wolves. Cities were forced into anarchy, while every town was forced to endure what the government and military did to them. Logic no longer applied, what you knew hardly mattered unless it pertained to survival, and no one person mattered to most people. Society ruled over nothing, as Society's End had happened long before now. ___________________ Rules 1. No godmodding or anything of the like. You are a human, and CAN be harmed. 2. Use grammar so that we can understand you. No matter how good your CS is or your RP skills are, if you can't be understood, they don't matter. 3. Be polite. 4. Before fighting another player, get their consent. 5. When fighting another player, if you wish to do so, allow them the chance to respond if you're using melee. When using a gun, no lethal shots such as shooting the femoral artery, head, neck, or chest unless it's a low caliber weapon, such as .45 or lower. 6. At the moment this is posted, I am the only one able to accept CSes. 7. Do not RP unless I say to begin. 8. Cursing and romance are allowed if you truly wish, however I am not held accountable. I did not tell you to engage in it. 9. You may control NPCs as long as it is conversation and observation only. 10. When fighting NPCs, make it at least semi-realistic. 11. In "others", tell me that I added two number elevens to show you, at the very least, skimmed through the rules. 11. When making your CS, your character must be 10 or older. 12. Respect those who post, including trolls. This does not mean trolling is allowed, however still respect those who are not respecting you. 13. Trolling is to be ignored. ___________________ :CS: Name: Gender: Appearance: Personality: Age: Equipment: Skills: Others: ___________________ Admin rights Temporarily banning those who break the rules more than twice. Advancing the RP by up to two months. Accepting character sheets. When I'm not around, hosting "events" up to medium importance to the story. ___________________
vamking12
#136871634Friday, June 13, 2014 4:15 PM GMT

This is pretty good.
PawzKat
#136872018Friday, June 13, 2014 4:20 PM GMT

I'll make a cs.
DeadlyGlance
#136875544Friday, June 13, 2014 5:01 PM GMT

Name: Alexander Danhum Gender: Male Appearance: A lean, refined-looking male with scruffy blonde hair down to the bottom of his neck, with small curls in place of bangs. He's a pale white, much like an albino. He has pale, stormy blue eyes with a small nose and relatively thin lips. He has the occasional stress line, and he tends to wear white, gray, or black shirts, with the same coloured pants. Occasionally, he'll wear something pink or blue. He always wears black dress shoes, and he reigns in at a height of six feet and two inches. Personality: He's a bit of a pansy, however he does tend to be serious and "tough" when required. He doesn't have much he likes or anything of the sort, as he's never had a large amount of time to find out. Generally, he's someone who acts his normal self around friends and family, but acts as a person who is unknown to everyone in terms of personality. He's of rich/upper-class decent, so he's rather pampered as well. Age: 17 Equipment: Xbox One controller, a GAEMS box for his Xbox One, Xbox One, a knife, a Tokarev TT-33 with one full magazine and half a magazine, a couple of books, and a Pristine 2VX with ten mags, a total of 200 .45 GAP rounds. Skills: Recoil compensation, gaming, charisma. Others: I added two number elevens.
DeadlyGlance
#136993699Saturday, June 14, 2014 7:43 PM GMT

Bump. Hopefully, this allows me to see Jay's post. Myeh.
lien587
#136997319Saturday, June 14, 2014 8:26 PM GMT

For a first attempt, this is very good. It is, however, pretty good on its own. I might join. Hüten sie sich vor meiner Macht: GREEN LANTERN LICHT!
lien587
#136998539Saturday, June 14, 2014 8:40 PM GMT

(I have never played a child before, so why not give it a go? Based off of a real person. I am glad that my friends had the discussion of who would be helpful/who would survive the zombie apocalypse. The person this character was based on scored low. I scored very high.) Name: Natalie Short Gender: F Appearance: She has blonde hair that nearly reaches her shoulders and falls straight down, brown eyes, and stands at a remarkable height of 5' 4". She has a sharp, somewhat masculine jawline and large forehead. She has an average nose and mouth, with cheekbones protruding out high on her face. She has an average body for her age, with the exception of her height, long arms, and long legs. She is rather skinny. Personality: At times, she is outgoing and cheerful, while at other times emotional and shy. She is very smart, loving art, literature, and music, all of which she is good at. Age: 14 Equipment: (I dunno what to put here!) Skills: Art in practically any medium, music (On the Cello, Bass guitar, and vocals), athleticism, and agility. Others: She's fourteen and emotional. Ba-bam! Also, you put two No. 11's in there. Hüten sie sich vor meiner Macht: GREEN LANTERN LICHT!
TheRealKhiione
#136998627Saturday, June 14, 2014 8:41 PM GMT

I like it! But, what if my favorite band is a jazz band? That guttural screaming….
lien587
#136999109Saturday, June 14, 2014 8:46 PM GMT

@TheRealKhiione My favorite band is Led Zeppelin. I think most of them are dead, and probably will be by then. Hüten sie sich vor meiner Macht: GREEN LANTERN LICHT!
DanielVox
#137000740Saturday, June 14, 2014 9:04 PM GMT

Name: Jake F. Gandash Gender: Male Appearance: He has messy bleached hair, a blue and red checkered shirt, and jeans that are full of holes. He has a green iris, and often wears a baseball cap. Personality: He is mostly depressed that his father died in a war, but sometimes he's cheery. Age: 14 Equipment: A tablet that his mother bought when he was 10, a 3 inched knife, a wooden stick, and a pot for some reason. Skills: He can play baseball greater than most players in his class, and had practiced sword throwing in case a horrible event happens. Others: Jake can jump to 20 inches.
DanielVox
#137000824Saturday, June 14, 2014 9:05 PM GMT

(This is literally my first time role playing in the forums, so don't think I'm that experienced.)
DanielVox
#137001701Saturday, June 14, 2014 9:14 PM GMT

Oh and in Others, he can also do a front flip.
lien587
#137006061Saturday, June 14, 2014 10:04 PM GMT

(Sigh... Mayhaps you want a more simple RP first? Also, I would recommend you be an adult. they're much easier to role-play, and almost all the time it's recommended. Also, there's already a fourtten year-old and seventeen-year-old. We need adults. You're probably not going to survive as a group of kids.) Hüten sie sich vor meiner Macht: GREEN LANTERN LICHT!
lien587
#137006123Saturday, June 14, 2014 10:04 PM GMT

(Also, the appearance is just...) Hüten sie sich vor meiner Macht: GREEN LANTERN LICHT!
DanielVox
#137007158Saturday, June 14, 2014 10:16 PM GMT

(Oh, okay.. Thanks for the feedback though!)
DeadlyGlance
#137048507Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:49 AM GMT

Lien, accepted. Daniel, look through the rules again; I think you'll see something you missed. *Hint hint, wink wink.* Also, try to be more descriptive. I understand it's your first time in the RP subforum, and for that, you're much better than some of the other first-time RPers I've seen in this subforum. For the question on the favourite band, it was really supposed to be your favourite band that was still alive at the time, with every member. Perhaps some roles switched or even added. It's also my first time doing second-person (you this, you that, etc. if you didn't know, though I'm sure most of you did). As said, "you" are simply guessing that it's the beginning a new song, one that could be experimental for the band; maybe the band would be trying to expand their horizon. Hopefully, that helps. I wonder if people are thinking I'm a tad delusional about the JayvulMaxtros post thing. I didn't see his post, even though it showed him posting, so myehhh...
lien587
#137074752Sunday, June 15, 2014 4:03 PM GMT

Well, Queen has Adam Lambert, so does that count? OOOOR DETHKLOK! Hüten sie sich vor meiner Macht: GREEN LANTERN LICHT!
DeadlyGlance
#137087971Sunday, June 15, 2014 6:35 PM GMT

I suppose. Does it really matter a whole lot, though? It doesn't seem to affect the story much, no matter what band it is. The band isn't a huge part in it, as they're only relevant in one part in the story, even in the unexplained and untold part of the story. Also, bump.
DeadlyGlance
#137569705Friday, June 20, 2014 6:35 PM GMT

Bump? qq
DanielVox
#137584762Friday, June 20, 2014 9:15 PM GMT

Im just going to sit here and see how this RP goes. And bump.

of     1