police157
#139639174Tuesday, July 08, 2014 1:41 PM GMT

Actually, I do know what the price floor is. It is when the Roblox Admins made the minimum amount of tix or robux to pay for a piece of clothing go up. Shirts/Pants went to 100 tix or 10 R$. T-Shirts went to 20 tix or 2 R$. And btw I know what I am talking about. I heard what she said in her suggestion, including the part where she said this is not about the price floor.I still wanted the price floor to be removed and started a petition
HDINFAMOUS
#139654566Tuesday, July 08, 2014 4:57 PM GMT

I think this issue is pretty insignificant, but #3 doesn't actually sound like a bad idea.
HDINFAMOUS
#139655068Tuesday, July 08, 2014 5:04 PM GMT

Also for #2, assuming you could still view the template, not downloading it couldn't help. You can easily take a screen-shot of the page, and crop the template, and edit it a little.
HDINFAMOUS
#139655482Tuesday, July 08, 2014 5:08 PM GMT

And you can't just take out my way of revenue.
Gucciful
#139656278Tuesday, July 08, 2014 5:17 PM GMT

not here to argue, just here to point out to you why roblox isn't doing anything about copying. - templates are visible because it's just the way that the system works. - in order to implement a system where it's impossible to see the template, they would have to recode a large portion of the site, which would be extremely time consuming. they also have to be visible for moderation purposes, even after it's been uploaded. - there is no proof as to whether someone copied or not, even if the designer knows they did. most users have their own templates, and paste the clothing onto theirs. so roblox has no say. - there are no copyrights on roblox. you may say it's yours, but it belongs to roblox once you upload it. this goes for anything uploaded. - last but not least, roblox isn't worried about clothing copying. roblox is centered around developing games, and improving game developing, which is what brings in users, and keeps the company going. and that's that.
rubycrystal
#139656768Tuesday, July 08, 2014 5:23 PM GMT

100% Support! I completely agree with you! ROBLOX`s clothing 'copiers' have begun to get out of hand, and it happens more frequently than it used to. I love all of the ideas so much, and I hope we can get ROBLOX Moderators to see this and try to do something about it. Personally, the copying has pushed me to the point where I don`t even want to design because why spend time on making a product that someone else can take with no-effort and use as their own. ROBLOX needs to do something about this. I support this thread, and I hope we can find a way to fix this.
Goldiaa
#139664321Tuesday, July 08, 2014 6:36 PM GMT

I support.
SouledOut
#139664729Tuesday, July 08, 2014 6:40 PM GMT

@HD it wouldn't be to-scale. If you tried to screenshot it and resize it, it would be very blurry. @Sadell when I said make templates unable to be seen, I went on to say just the way gear and hat templates are. They aren't completely demolished from the site, but they aren't viewable by replacing the last ID number. They aren't impossible to be seen. There is no true proof about whether an item is copied or not, I was thinking they'd have to compare templates but that's not really sufficient. That may have knocked out #4. There are no copyrights, but roblox created copy-locks for their users. It's just only on places. Even though ROBLOX is centered around building there's no reason to just brush off the problem of copying/reselling. They know they have a large and increasing population of clothing creators. I'd think they'd rather go ahead and fix the issue than recieve a bunch of annoying emails. And clothing does attract and keep people, just not as MUCH as games.
HDINFAMOUS
#139667709Tuesday, July 08, 2014 7:06 PM GMT

It's an insignificant problem, they won't change.
KingRyan656
#139668960Tuesday, July 08, 2014 7:17 PM GMT

@xxiiBeLeeLeexx Whenever you copy clothes, the quality drops. Doesn't matter if you take a screenshot or not. I did it with a uniform so I could customize it, quality dropped considerably. The actual process of copying clothing is what makes it lower quality. The templates on the site aren't the same size as the templates that you are required to upload. This means that to get it to the correct size, you have to stretch each arm and leg and torso piece to fit the actual size. It's a time consuming process, and not really worth the effort anyway, unless you can't afford it and are really desperate to get it.
SouledOut
#139668974Tuesday, July 08, 2014 7:17 PM GMT

It isn't insignificant if you can solve the problem with a solution that's worthwhile. And across the Internet are a bunch of pictures you can't download with a right click, so I'm guessing #2 isn't that hard. It may seem unimportant now but its only going to get worse with more complaints.
Straynger
#139670025Tuesday, July 08, 2014 7:27 PM GMT

I AGREE WITH SADELLITE. CLOTHING ON A VIRTUAL GAME IS JUST CLOTHING. IT DON'T MATTER BECAUSE YOU'RE TAKING PICTURES FROM A WEBSITE FOR CLOTHES IRL AND PUTTING IT ONTO A VIRTUAL TEMPLATE FOR VIRTUAL BUYERS. have fun with ur virtual profit
Gucciful
#139670777Tuesday, July 08, 2014 7:35 PM GMT

it's not hard to ID surf. it's actually pretty easy to find hat/gear templates. you don't need to know the ID to find a template. i could easily find a clothing template if it were to be thrown out into the pool of random ID's, rather than the last digit of the original ID. but, for the most part, it all comes back down to the coding of the website. coding takes a lot of precious time. roblox is worried about improving gameplay and such, so they center their attention on that, because that keeps roblox going. as for copy-locks on only games, again, this comes back to focusing on game developers keeping roblox running. yes roblox knows about the issue of clothing copying. but, that's not what matters to them as of now. as roblox expands more and more with gaming, that's all that matters. the games. notice how the frequent updates are only focused on animations/gameplay/developer opportunities. how many updates have been made for the design community besides the price floor? zero. and as for the "annoying emails," the emails don't bother roblox because 90% of the time, the replies are automated. again, i'm not here to flame you or anything. i'm just giving you explanations.
SouledOut
#139671442Tuesday, July 08, 2014 7:41 PM GMT

Lol @Stra, That's true that it's virtual. But okay...? What isn't virtual is the time and effort people put into making their clothes. The only difference between sewing up stuff IRL and making clothing for ROBLOX is that you use a computer to make one, and you don't get real cash. However, I've been participating in Developer's Exchange... And not all my clothing that I've made (and that's been copied) is C/P from a somewhere. Plus, there's people like uniquee that make pretty much all their stuff from scratch yet continuously get copied.
CheyBabyyy
#139672545Tuesday, July 08, 2014 7:51 PM GMT

Support.
SpicyBuilderclub
#139674628Tuesday, July 08, 2014 8:11 PM GMT

Support @police Get out.
BrokenSpirited
#139674907Tuesday, July 08, 2014 8:14 PM GMT

I support. 100%
xfallinqstarx
#139680415Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:01 PM GMT

support x)
SouledOut
#139683839Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:31 PM GMT

Thanks Chicas. @Sade, I agree with what you said about updates being for the use of game-play. And it is because that's their priority, that's how they get the most business. But clothing sales and fashion on ROBLOX are also things that help them get users; it's not JUST about games. I mean, some people buy BC and keep it to design clothes. It really wouldn't be a waste of time to come up with a worthwhile simple solution. About the ID surfing thing, I don't know anything about how that's done. I don't think many other people do either, though they could learn. ID surfing being the only way to copy clothes would probably still minimize copiers, for a bit at least. But I'm guessing you browse an ID number that you think would be close to an item's ID number you're wanting to copy, and add-subtract the number until you find what you're looking for. If that's the case, I don't think it would be hard for ROBLOX to make ID numbers consist of numbers and letters... it would be harder to "ID" surf (if I mentioned how it works accordingly) with a bunch of random numbers and letters. And on the email thing, from my (and my friend's) experience ROBLOX Customer Support sends you one informational email and then get back to you with a response written by an actual representative. I know my email wasn't automated because my REP. messed up on grammar and she pointed out things I said in my email. And my friend's REP helped him his first go around/after the informational email with direct details about his account. It's actual people who read and some times respond. And even then someone would probably keep messaging them 'till they get what they wanted.
SouledOut
#139683925Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:32 PM GMT

And thanks guys, lol.
Sasayaki
#139687468Tuesday, July 08, 2014 9:58 PM GMT

The problem with #1 is that I know a way where I can easily copy any clothes no matter what you change it too. Its ridiculously easy, so take that out #2 and #4 are also a problem, mainly being screenshots. The best option may be #3, as it prevents copying of all forms
SouledOut
#139688978Tuesday, July 08, 2014 10:10 PM GMT

With #2, if you screen shot it and re-sized it to where you would be able to upload it, it's resolution would be very low. The quality would be horrible. I'd be fine with someone uploading a template of mine that's been stretched out and looks horrible.
ICookieLuver
#139700140Wednesday, July 09, 2014 12:00 AM GMT

Support 100%.
Pastellete
#139704436Wednesday, July 09, 2014 12:39 AM GMT

Totally supporting! Sadellite is a total fake and has no skill, also with other people copying.
Pastellete
#139705210Wednesday, July 09, 2014 12:46 AM GMT

Btw sade, No offense on that one part I said 'boutchu, I hate iMooski now, but seriously, make your own clothing. ._.