of     1   

TigerDubya
#140336518Monday, July 14, 2014 9:11 PM GMT

Hey, welcome back to Dubya's picks. This week, we are one step closer to the playoffs and are introducing some new playoff implications this week. No more talk, lets get into it. OVERALL RECORD GOING INTO THIS WEEK: 14-4 Week 7: WED: Bowie @ New Orleans 8:30 PM EST Both of these teams are going into this week with a 2 game losing streak. NOLA is the perfect example of an "average" team in the league, despite the enormous talent this team has; they are better than 2 teams, but worst than the 2 others. On the other hand, Bowie is the worst team in the league, with just a single upset win against Toronto. In recent weeks, Bowie has actually given some teams a run for their money, however they cant finish games, therefor my pick is easy to tell. DUBYA PICKS: NOLA wins over BOWIE THURS: Michigan @ Columbus 8:30 PM EST DUBYAS PICK FOR GAME OF THE WEEK. Why you might ask? Because of the playoff implications involved in this game. This is actually the hardest pick for me this week, both of these teams are near equal. Colombus will finally have their real starting QB coming back this game, which gives them a huge advantage. Is it enough to beat Michigan? Well this is where it gets complicated. Even if Colombus loses this game, their playoff chances arent quite done for yet, so this is not a must win, but would save them a lot of praying if they won it. I think everyone in the RFL (except Michigan) wants Colombus to win because of the "Cinderella Comeback" story, but Colombus is still missing that one piece of their team to make them a "playoff" team. DUBYA PICKS: Michigan beats Colombus FRI: Toronto @ Puerto Vallarta 8:30 PM EST This would be my pick for game of the week, if it actually meant something. However, it literally means nothing for either team, but I know PV will try to give Toronto a run for the money. Now before Kdogg trys to call me out for always picking Toronto to win, let me show you the numbers: Last time these teams played: 52-12 Toronto. Total yards by Puerto Vallarta: 173 Total yards by Toronto: 398 Last match up, Toronto basically doubled EVERYTHING in the stat book that PV put up. Now before the "well we were missing our team" excuses flood in, let me say that the top statistical leaders for PV attended that game, along with many others who dont appear in the stat book because they didn't statistically figure at all (yes, this includes you kdogg). In addition to that, Toronto's real QB (doc) will be coming off of injury (vacation) to play in this game, which just adds to the Toronto advantage. Yes I expect mass crying over this pick, but after all, NUMBERS NEVER LIE. DUBYA PICKS: Toronto wins a close one over PV
TigerDubya
#140591314Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:47 AM GMT

15-4 NOLA beat Bowie
TigerDubya
#140591379Thursday, July 17, 2014 3:47 AM GMT

This also mathematically eliminates Bowie from playoffs.

of     1